Any of the old gang still around?

pixipoosvrs

Hey people,  I've had to rejoin via new username as couldn't access my old account when I used to frequent these parts many years ago.

I won't lie to you, I've returned for selfish reasons as I'm selling my vRS after 16 lovely trouble free years for something completely girly that has turned my fluffy head.

I'll be researching what I can get for my trusty steed, as quite frankly I'm shocked at the price of two models I've just seen on Autotrader which are going for many more pounds than I had expected! 

So any of the old gang still around?  Jase, Loz, Emily/Roo etc etc?

Come say hi (and buy my car please).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

"hi" - I don't think any of the cited names still post here, but I do recognise all 4.

Hi Ken,

There were loads of us, but I can't remember all the usernames so hopefully some may pop up 😀

pretty sure @roo is still around on occassion

what was your old username?

Amanda @Lady Elanore is another olde world member around still.

if Jase is bigjase, he left maybe 3 yrs ago and requested account deletion.

Loz hasn't been on in a few years now though she is on Facebook, she sold her MkI Fabia VRS SE I think. Same for Babs and Waplord. Brimma is still not modifying card. In fact he's just brought some new seats for a car he's not modifying 😂

RainbowFire left, Gentle_Giant got canned.

Trying to think of some others.... Delcac and Makefish both moved on as did Fatty5000 (David8).

I'm sure other will come to mind.

Oh, Loz visited Pripyat (Chernobyl) some time back. You might find her pics in the Photography topic in the Social and Chat forum.

@RobClubley may be in NZ but still around (sans octy vrs, some other lucky kiwi has that machine now)

Lloyd55vrs hasnt been on in a couple of yrs, with his absolutely babied mk1, think he was on the fb group, i dont do fb so font know now.

and Mark Bowders1 moved on after selling his epic mk1 octy to get a focus rs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

@mac11irl Bigjase was still posting at the stat of the pandemic IIRC. 

He wanted to crack me over the head with my keyboard 🤣😂🤣

oh, he was at the start of the covid alright, the last 2 yrs flick between feeling like a decade and 6 months 🙄

• Like 1

I don't recognise most of those usernames mentioned, so probably before or after my time.  I remember you Rob, plus Lady E (into her push bikes iirc).

Jase was Devonutopia with the silver Fabia that wasn't a vRS, and the reg plate suggested it was slow!

Usernames are gradually dripping through to the front of my brain, but I'm remembering their real names more easily, like Geoff and Howard, but that doesn't exactly narrow it down 😆

I was Pixi, we used to have some real laughs on here as well as the meets that used to happen.  Mostly organised by Will (Tigger)

Oh and I don't need anyone to buy my car now as I've accepted the very generous part ex offer.  Never again will a 16 year old Fabia vRS command above what it should have on the second hand market once the dreaded C word leaves us.

• Like 1

I'm still about but not active. Slow numberplate is now on a BMW 335D as my fabia is undergoing a 18T conversion and is currently off the road and back on its y plate. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pixipoosvrs said:

Oh and I don't need anyone to buy my car now as I've accepted the very generous part ex offer.  Never again will a 16 year old Fabia vRS command above what it should have on the second hand market once the dreaded C word leaves us.

Are you pixi of isle of Wight fame? 

Ello

I'm still ear :)

Had to give up the cycling more or less due to my ageing knees. It's a shame a lot of the old gang are no longer on here. I often wonder what happened to Brisky fastest Chippy (Shifty)?

Are you well? 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2022 at 20:40, devonutopia said:

Are you pixi of isle of Wight fame? 

That I am 😇😅

55 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Ello

I'm still ear :)

Had to give up the cycling more or less due to my ageing knees. It's a shame a lot of the old gang are no longer on here. I often wonder what happened to Brisky fastest Chippy (Shifty)?

Are you well? 

Omg yes!  Dave wasn't it?  Blimey it's all slowly coming back.

• Like 1

im pretty sure Andy (rip) mentioned,a couple of years back the chippy is still going, mightve been a change of location? but was still going.

he may have even been back on himself!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, devonutopia said:

I thought so!  Hi Corinne!  Sure I still have you on facebook. :D  Is Phil all OK too?

Hi 😀 I don't use FB anymore but yes you were definitely on there.  We're all good thanks, heading down west next week for a few days, but picking up my new car today (all being well with it).

I need to sell my Hatchbag so will do someone a good turn as those prices on their website are crazy now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corrine, I do still come on here occasionally, but not often.  @Emily-Elizabeth has not come on here for a long time. Emily-Elizabeth and I are still in contact with Loz, and we meet up every so often, but I'm not sure if she posts on here. @Lee she still has her Fabia. I think she will keep it until it fails.

I'm not sure if @Tigger is still around on here.  I see him on Facebook still and he was trying to organise an old times sake cider farm trip for some of the old gang, but the pandemic got in the way.

Most of the crowd I was friends with I now see on Facebook rather than here.  @MissPiggy and family @Xavier colin, Ben @DaveUDaveU, des @HedgeHedgeand a few others.

Edited by roo
  • Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 19:23, pixipoosvrs said:

Hi Ken,

There were loads of us, but I can't remember all the usernames so hopefully some may pop up 😀

Hi Corrine,

How is the IoW? 
Jason is still here 👍

What is the new car going to be?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I count as 'old gang', but I was fairly active on here around 2007-2010.   I still pop in occasionally, but have moved away from Skoda for now.