Octavia 2 pre-facelift fog lights as coming/leaving home lights

Hi dear forum members!

is it possible to code fog lights as coming and leaving home lights in vcds? When yes , how to do it. Cant find it in long coding ☹️

Car is 2005 pre facelift octavia 2

41 minutes ago, MicMac said:

I believe this is only possible on FL models unless you upgrade the BCM.

any idea how to do it? Do i have to replace BCM or do some changes there? 😁

And my facelift model uses dipped beam and side lights for coming home lights. You activate it by flashing the main beam. When you open the door the dipped beams come and will stay on if any door or the boot is open. When you lock the car the lights stay on for a fixed time. I do not have leaving home lights available. I believe the Vrs uses a different arrangement.

On 14/05/2022 at 13:55, MicMac said:

I believe this is only possible on FL models unless you upgrade the BCM.

It can be done on prefacelift, I think. The pFL has a CECM not a BCM, so I'm not sure you can 'upgrade' to a BCM

On 14/05/2022 at 18:41, pikpilot said:

And my facelift model uses dipped beam and side lights for coming home lights. You activate it by flashing the main beam. When you open the door the dipped beams come and will stay on if any door or the boot is open. When you lock the car the lights stay on for a fixed time. I do not have leaving home lights available. I believe the Vrs uses a different arrangement.

I have both leaving home/coming home lights in my 2008 prefacelift. I believe I can set them to use either dipped beam or fog lights.

12 hours ago, mrhappy said:

I have both leaving home/coming home lights in my 2008 prefacelift. I believe I can set them to use either dipped beam or fog lights.

Yes, I knew the Vrs was different. Do you have a Maxi-Dot display? This has functions not available on the multifunctional display on the Elegance trim.

1 minute ago, pikpilot said:

Yes, I knew the Vrs was different. Do you have a Maxi-Dot display? This has functions not available on the multifunctional display on the Elegance trim.

No it originally didn't have Maxidot, and the option was available through VCDS.

I have retrofitted a facelift Maxidot, but because of the previous generation CECM it doesn't show many of the options would would normally see on a FL car with BCM.

I used the Carista app to set up coming home lights plus many other useful features that are otherwise only available with VCDS