UK Cabinet and Government disintegrates - Javid and Sunak resign, more than a dozen ministers etc and counting...

lol-lol

2 hours ago, @Lee said:

It's probably unrelated but Liz (The Queen, not Truss. She's jetting off around the world with her official photographers of which she has 3 IIRC)has just been driven to the Palace of Buckingham. 

ITV News Dep. Politics editor;

Can anyone tell me how his behaviour is any different to that of Trump? 

He hasn't incited any violent armed supporters as yet. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

He hasn't incited any violent armed supporters as yet. 

I was thinking more about his inability to grasp reality than the proud boys. 

Oh 

Harry Cole is on the Sun's political team. Very close to Johnson. So close he's Carrie Johnson's ex.

If true, things are worse than I thought. 

It looks like they will be  getting a new means of transport arranged for the PM and sending in a new jacket and decorating his accommodation for his move.

An ambulance,  a straight jacket and a padded cell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forth Minister resigns ie Brandon Lewis after Welsh Sec Simon Hart was the third Cabinet Minister and the total MP resignation with the Government so the figure is approaching 40%.

Resignation letter is being drafted by Chief Whip.

Chancellor of Exchequer has written to BoJo to resign, how crazy is that.

Good chance he will go today but if not today then in the next 100 hours.   

Well on the positive side, once he is gone we can say well who knew he was that crazy. 

Without COVID his upbeat and fun side might have lasted for a term. With COVID  he was, in light of the evidence now out there, the wrong person for the job.

Surrounding himself with sycophants and failing to apologise, whilst being caught lying over and over is not a good look. Vaccine policy worked out well, but other parts not so well.

In part aided by weak or deluded opposition parties, however the Tory party are known for self preservation when it comes to removing leaders.

• Like 2

I wonder if Jeremy Corbin will sue Zahawi for the Anti-Semite comment.

I would if I were he.

Be good to see this in court especially if the current Chancellor is still in the government.

1 minute ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Ohh I think a newly appointed one has just resigned…

It’s like dominoes already today.

Nobody in the Education department and no minister or working local parliament in Northern Ireland.

Oddly the UK currency and equity markets are quite positive this morning !

While I was watching breakfast TV the number of resignations went up from 4 to 7.

I think the markets are strong on the hope that Boris will go and we might get a PM who can actually create a functioning Government.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

I wonder if Jeremy Corbin will sue Zahawi for the Anti-Semite comment.

I would if I were he.

Be good to see this in court especially if the current Chancellor is still in the government.

If he does and he was unsuccessful, then he would be in a mess in many ways.

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-is-an-anti-semite-ex-chief-rabbi-jonathan-sacks-claims-11484443

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36676018

I mean those two articles suggest that digging through the facts in public courts there would potentially be at least as much to lose as to win.

Shame it will take them so long to get a replacement in place.

Maybe a General Election would be better as at least we would know the outcome, and be rid of the uncertainty, sooner?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

Shame it will take them so long to get a replacement in place.

Maybe a General Election would be better as at least we would know the outcome, and be rid of the uncertainty, sooner?

I wonder if he will try and keep a few extra days or if Theresa will get the last laugh…

6AA8E605-E051-4EE4-81A7-C4AFB1B601C3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is important stuff to be arranged, like the Summer Sausage event at Chequers, will it go ahead or have to be moved to some other venue where they will pay for it themselves or some donor will. 

OK Magazine maybe. 

Edited by roottoot

In Parliament right now are 'Urgent Questions'  and it is about Alexander Lebedev and  Boris Johnson MP when the Foreign Secretary and meetings.

Maybe a meeting were the Foreign Secretary was so drunk he might not remember what happened.

Vicky Ford MP Foreign Office Minister is there for the Government.  Supposedly unprepared according to other MP's at the house.

There has been quite amazing things already said and there will be much more to come. 

Basically it is can Boris continue if any of what happened is true because he is a security risk.

Live on the BBC Parliament Channel.

PS

The Speaker does not seem very pleased that the Prime Minister could be making a statement and not to Parliament and in the Parliament.

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cakemonster said:

@@Lee just wondering, what (if any) coverage this situation is getting in foreign press/TV?

Lots! Main story on the LOCAL radio here yesterday and today, big feature yesterday on one of the main politics shows SWMBO watches (Tagesschau), lots on CNN and bits on Euronews.

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2

It's Colonel Kurtz stuff. The Johnson needs dragging out by the scruff of his neck and chucking in the Thames. 

“The whole thing is unbelievable. As I write these words, Gordon Brown is still holed up in Downing Street.

“He is like some illegal settler in the Sinai desert, lashing himself to the radiator, or like David Brent haunting The Office in that excruciating episode when he refuses to acknowledge that he has been sacked. Isn’t there someone – the Queen’s Private Secretary, the nice policeman on the door of No 10 – whose job it is to tell him that the game is up?”

Boris Johnson, 2010.  Hypocrite, liar adulterer, potential sociopath.

Edited by @Lee