Sound deadening project

I have zero noise on either of the front doors. In addition to the foam on the door card, I would also strongly suggest to wrap the door handle cable into something soft.

Here is the picture of my door before final installation.

image.thumb.jpeg.a737668c58f0a231d2c049f42710d522.jpeg

42 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I have zero noise on either of the front doors. In addition to the foam on the door card, I would also strongly suggest to wrap the door handle cable into something soft.

Here is the picture of my door before final installation.

image.thumb.jpeg.a737668c58f0a231d2c049f42710d522.jpeg

Thank you! Is the door cable not already wrapped in something soft?

17 hours ago, Lukas_2611 said:

Do you think its the door cable which makes this noise cause its hitting while pushing?

Ohh you are correct. The cable is already sleeved.

I guess your best option is to add the foam to the door card. Or at least add some foam to the area of the sound and where the cable meets the metal.

image.thumb.jpeg.8de2c57b27aa0ebb1508f5372bf0dca7.jpeg

My personal guess at this point is that the door cable hits the door card. On the door card are some black melting points with sharp edges from putting it together.

So the sound could be the foam from the door cable hitting the plastic. I will try and see if putting some foam in this area of the door card will solve it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@TheUltraRunner

I have tried to put some tape behind the door cable, didnt work. While pushing the crackling noise is still there like in the video. I think only a complete sound deadening with alubutyl and foam everywhere can eventuelly solve it. As this is only while pushing I will do it later.

In the meanwhile I have recognized another clicking noise while driving on bumpy roads on driver side. Its like a short click an doesnt come always.

You mentioned in another thread that you had a noise from this crash clip and solvef it. How did the rattle sounded in your case?

In my case it is somehwere in the door area. Maybe the window regulator trim or this crash clip.