Car windows open when the car is not in use

• 3 weeks later...

try in mpd mode choosing in windows section ticking none ... it sounds great being able to open windows with the fob but like others i found it had a life of it's own in my pocket ... this morning woke up to find all the windows open ... so decided to csncel that option for now 

Years ago, this regularly happened to me when I bent down with the key in my pocket. There are also tales of owners accidently opening everything up from inside buildings at 100m distance from the car park.

The solution was to use a craft knife to cut off the remote boot opening button inside the key fob. Problem solved.

11 hours ago, Rizmod said:

The solution was to use a craft knife to cut off the remote boot opening button inside the key fob. Problem solved.

Bl00dy 'ell!!

An easier solution would've been to go into Convenience Opening settings for Windows Operation in the infotainment and turning it off!!

Now u've butchered ur key fob!

631830950_images(23).jpeg.7ea8f086819b77afec165a090f1e8202.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rizmod said:

Years ago, this regularly happened to me when I bent down with the key in my pocket. There are also tales of owners accidently opening everything up from inside buildings at 100m distance from the car park.

Exactly what i did on mine.

5 hours ago, JR RS said:

Bl00dy 'ell!!

An easier solution would've been to go into Convenience Opening settings for Windows Operation in the infotainment and turning it off!!

Hes talking above about leaning on the electric tailgate open button - the amount of times i used to press it then the car would be sitting out on the street for hours with a wide open boot! No software method to disable it sadly.

And 1 of my 3 fobs being butchered isnt the end of the world anyway :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 25/02/2023 at 05:23, JR RS said:

Bl00dy 'ell!!

631830950_images(23).jpeg.7ea8f086819b77afec165a090f1e8202.jpeg

After the vehicle has been in for service or other work this can get reset back to On, which is the default, so it pays to check it after again after any workshop or battery work.

Fortunately I’ve never had this happen. Also I’ve never had anything reset on the wireless when I’ve had a service, except the radio station and and annoyingly, the service reset once too. Both those are sorted now I’ve stopped using the main dealer network. As for the fob, that goes into the faraday pouch as soon as I get home. 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2023 at 11:05, ApertureS said:

Exactly what i did on mine.

Hes talking above about leaning on the electric tailgate open button - the amount of times i used to press it then the car would be sitting out on the street for hours with a wide open boot! No software method to disable it sadly.

And 1 of my 3 fobs being butchered isnt the end of the world anyway :)

Sure enough. A quick press seems to time out and lock itself again after a few minutes but a long press (giving an audible clunk) doesn't.  Even pressing the central locking button doesn't necessarily lock the boot  until after it's been opened and firmly closed again

Far less noticeable than wide open windows right enough but troubling nonetheless.

Why oh why do they keep opening up such opportunities for chancers, by default. 🙄