my vrs

james 2

Josh, there was no sarcasm in my post :confused:

I know of Nobles rollers, yes they are pretty accurate. they are, although some of the MLR guys questioned their figures, especially with the "correction factors". I know Nobles do a fair bit of race prep and therefore should know how to use rollers.

So if its a standard turbo, running at 1.35 bar, he has changed the injectors and the MAF housing (and poss the FPR) He must have to get those figures

IAT of 70! Thats just way to high, above 40ish is no good at all

Mine doesn't get above 35 the water spray cuts in at 32

James, you need some cooling! see above

Only problem with my water spray is that I can't use it on the rollers as I end up getting slip (plus the owners get a tad ****ed off when I deposit 3 or 4l of water in their dyno bay :D

Oh' date=' and Fen...

I hope none of my posts could be looked upon as "rather childish and verging towards baiting or trolling"

Is there a "find all posts by:" feature on here??

I'll have to have a look back... Sorry if any have been![/quote']

Josh, not aimed directly at you, no.

I've just re-read the thread - comments like "SUCK IT AND SEE" are the sort of thing I had in mind....

I suspect everyone would have been a bit more ambivalent had certain participants been a little more up-front in revealing their origins (shall we say!).

:cheers:

ok' date=' for those that didn't know, like me, James runs JBS auto designs, a REVO dealer.

What we have here is a REVO dealer saying how fantastic REVO is.

Just wanted to make that clear.[/quote']

Yay! Do I get a prize? :D

A couple of subtle pointers for me were, forgive my paraphrasing, I can't be arsed to find all the quotes :rolleyes: :

"I had a Jabba remap, it wasn't right so I binned it." Hmm, if your map is not right Jabba fix it as I know they have done for a couple of us, no charge.

Kev (from Revo) appears to back up the claims

Actually this is pointless, give me my prize :D

From what I know James is running a 4 bar FPR with 4 bar specific software, I'm not sure what other bolt on mods he has but it is the stock turbo. I know there are numerous other plans for the car as well.

As we all know there are always disputes over power claims regardless of the forum you're a member of, be it a VAG car, Subaru, Porsche, etc. etc.

With some of the issues VAG 1.8t cars can have on the dyno it's not always the be all and end all way of proving your cars potential (there are as we know some places that are more efficient when running these cars), however a few cars side by side on the same dyno same day could be interesting.

I'm sure over the course of the coming year there'll be a few people that come side by side on the strip or on a track as well as on RR days.

At the end of the day everyone here is enthusiastic and enjoys their car/s regardless of who if anyone tuned it.

No prize RS, as you were not the first to spot it.

Unfortunately, James has tried to hide it with blatent lying and misinformation:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?p=82157#post82157

well theres one way to find out if its good! theres a revo dealer in chersterfield jbs auto designs,does anyone think it matters were you get the software downloaded?

I do wish advertisers would realise that Skoda owners are an intelligent bunch and will see through any such "sneaky" advertising.

We considered nipping this in the bud, but it was quickly apparent that Briskoda members had spotted this little charade and thus discounted the claims.

If they are correct, and not adjusted, and safe for daily use, on a standard engine, then it's a shame, as I feel he has done more harm than good to both his business, and that of REVO, as people will associate the two as one experience.

• Like 1

Right then, I've just spoken to James on the phone and told him that I think he should reply to this topic to try and sort things out before it totally goes up the spout!

He can't log on at the moment, but he's asked me if I can relay some info.

Please bear in mind that I'm totally impartial here... Just the messenger!

When I first logged on and posted what has now been quoted numerous times, I had not even picked my car up yet. I was interested to see what people thought were good methods of tuning and I wanted to find out what other people were running on their VRS's.

I had and have no intention of advertising on the forum by unscrupulous methods. I am foremost an enthusiast and as you will all know, I have only just bought my VRS.

I think if I would have registered as JBS James, or something similar, I would not have received any impartial information or even a reply. As I've said, I didn't want to come in here and start trying to sell you stuff, I came on here to learn more about the Octavia, and maybe have a bit of good natured banter with people (isn't that what tuning your car is all about?).

I'm sorry if I've come across as trying to be underhand, or whatever, but the truth is, I wasn't trying to be. This forum business is new to me.

With regards to my car, I'll post more details later when I get home from work.

All I'll say now is that it's not just the software that's giving the results there!

The dyno printout is definately not photoshopped, it's the result I got on the day.

I hope we can try to put all this nonsence behind us and concentrate on having a laugh and trying to eek out all the performance from our cars!

Hope this helps?

Respect to James (and Josh) for trying to sort this out.:thumbup:

Briskoda prides itself on being a friendly, balanced enthusiats community......there are always going to be misunderstandings.....it's in the very nature of text based forum for this to happen........but as long as everyone can come out smiling at the end of it with no hard feelings then the spirit of Briskoda will remain.

Well that's my 10p worth.

Cheers.

Adrian.

Just as an aside...

There is a MKIV Golf running 4bar FPR, SPS3 max'd, Toluene additive in the fuel for RRR's, large FMIC, DIY CAI, still running K03... At Stealth I saw it do over 250bhp and 290lb/ft - Amazing.... It sounded like it was goign to burst... but it keeps on going. Combination of parts and a good motor... Wish they all could manage that. (If only eh :rolleyes: )

Bill

:) The same happens everywhere...... :D

Someone comes and show that you were wrong all that time (as well as all others..almost)..... :mad:

Anyway

I'm very curious to see the mods and how James done it ....(I'll do it too since I'm Revo'ed). :)

Just another Q.

Your measures (Dyno's) are estimated engine power...

What about Wheel???

Wheel power is the "Real" power or not?

Is the power you feel at your back when you are driving...isn't it??

Anyone,

This Revo adv kit is available or not??

Thanks,

I would ask why, if his intentions were good (although the post Ian quoted suggests otherwise), James did not make a proper approach to Colin, Ian or one of the mods for a JBS section in the appropriate area.

As it stands, with all the problems he and his cronies have caused, he's Done himeself and REVO no credit whatsoever on this site.

But still, why be subtle when a sledgehammer will do?..

Oops i forgot, the members of this forum have more than half a brain between them.

Whether those figures are genuine or not is now largely irrelevant, as the damage is done, and some of us have long memories ;)

An opportunity wasted, methinks.

WTF has been going on here. I turn my back for a couple of hours and you're at each other. ;)

James,

Just to shut everyone up can you please PM one of the Moderators your mods or how you've achieved such figures. It is possible to achieve 260bhp, I would have at the last RR day had everything been on the car running 1.4 bar so I know it's possible. I spent a small pile on the RS but in hindsight I could have just got the Jabba IHI Kit which is good for 350bhp.

None of this really matters to me any more having part ex'ed the RS for the Superb. It just would be interesting to see what route you've taken m8.

Des

I would ask why' date=' if his intentions were good (although the post Ian quoted suggests otherwise), James did not make a proper approach to Colin, Ian or one of the mods for a JBS section in the appropriate area.

As it stands, with all the problems he and his cronies have caused, he's Done himeself and REVO no credit whatsoever on this site.

But still, why be subtle when a sledgehammer will do?..

Oops i forgot, the members of this forum have more than half a brain between them.

Whether those figures are genuine or not is now largely irrelevant, as the damage is done, and some of us have long memories ;)

An opportunity wasted, methinks.[/quote']

Given RR Dyno's are very 'variable' and 20VT motors seem to be pretty variable and sensitive to RR conditions... Its all pretty relative. I've done many many RR's this year on different dyno's and the figures on most of them vary a lot. Its a lottery, except you don't win anything... Like I said.. its like the lottery.. :p LOL

Get a gathering of same make cars on the same dyno on the same day and comparisons can be made, 'relative' to the other ones run on the same day so long as the running conditions are repeatable.

Has Briskoda done a RR day?

Stealth Racing are good... and perhaps Jabba when they're settled into their new premesis in the new year perhaps.

Dyno's are an indication of performance, but track use, acceleration runs also give a clue as to whats going on.

Has scoobynet had an inflence on here? Its all a bit tetchy... :Peace bros: :D

regards

bill