WARNING! Bosch oil filters for 1.2 tsi EA111 CBZA/CBZB engines

• 4 months later...

Edited.....dunno what happened when posting via my phone....!

Hi all,

I found this thread half way though changing oil and filter and am maybe glad that I did.

I'd bought a Bosch filter the other day, with the correct part number for the CBZA.

The part number on the box suggests it is correct. Part number on the filter matches the box and is "Made in France." (Who manufacturers filters in France at the moment?)

IMG_20231012_180422.thumb.jpg.81d6bccf7606340c6634e90f0ed054a8.jpg

I didn't look too closely at the filter until changing the oil earlier when I put it next to the Mahle it was replacing (below). The Bosch filter is a little smaller and doesn't have the "shoulder" seal like the Mahle.

So, I guess these possibly incorrect filters are still in circulation (mine came from Amazon).

I've ordered a Mann, like I should have in the first place, and I guess I'll get in to customer services to see what they have to say about it.

I guess the filter may be perfectly correct and maybe it was just a coincidence that someone had an engine problem with this filter fitted but I'd rather not find out the expensive way that it isn't.

Thanks for the heads up @xman

IMG_20231012_174715.thumb.jpg.5040d8b13570c36870e1eaecb81b7af9.jpg

IMG_20231012_180404.jpg

Edited by briscaF1

39 minutes ago, briscaF1 said:

Edited.....dunno what happened when posting via my phone....!

Hi all,

I found this thread half way though changing oil and filter and am maybe glad that I did.

I'd bought a Bosch filter the other day, with the correct part number for the CBZA.

The part number on the box suggests it is correct. Part number on the filter matches the box and is "Made in France." (Who manufacturers filters in France at the moment?)

IMG_20231012_180422.thumb.jpg.81d6bccf7606340c6634e90f0ed054a8.jpg

I didn't look too closely at the filter until changing the oil earlier when I put it next to the Mahle it was replacing (below). The Bosch filter is a little smaller and doesn't have the "shoulder" seal like the Mahle.

So, I guess these possibly incorrect filters are still in circulation (mine came from Amazon).

I've ordered a Mann, like I should have in the first place, and I guess I'll get in to customer services to see what they have to say about it.

I guess the filter may be perfectly correct and maybe it was just a coincidence that someone had an engine problem with this filter fitted but I'd rather not find out the expensive way that it isn't.

Thanks for the heads up @xman

IMG_20231012_174715.thumb.jpg.5040d8b13570c36870e1eaecb81b7af9.jpg

IMG_20231012_180404.jpg

Looks like wrong Bosch strikes again.

• 3 months later...