Colour Choice

survey

I'm agonising about which colour to order for a Karoq SEL. Presently have a petrol blue one and trying to decide on another petrol blue, graphite grey or maybe even a white one. I just can't decide upon a preference. Some colours are better than others at hiding dirt between cleaning. Anyone any experience of having maybe had two of the colours and thus experience in actual use.

I've had 2 petrol blues,  1 emerald green and just ordered a Sportline in Phoenix orange! the blue colours are quite good at hiding the dirt though.

Edited by don_kiddik
spelling
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JEFF-the-Bowman said:

Moon White looks good with the Black trim but its a right bugga to keep clean

I agree. Looks good though when kept clean. Black also looks good but needs cleaning regularly to look it's best (i have a Black Superb). IMO Greys are the best to hide day to day road grime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, don_kiddik said:

I've had 2 petrol blues,  1 emerald green and just ordered a Sportline in Phoenix orange! the blue colours are quite good at hiding the dirt though.

The Phoenix Orange was an unknown quantity regarding washing.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Today it needs a wash but it is way too hot. It still manages to look nice and shiny even when its very dusty.

The Business Grey was good too, but sadly gone as a choice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Graphite grey here, looks great when freshly washed but that said doesn’t show the grime too quickly, currently sporting a nice layer of dust though thanks to the dry weather.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Modders said:

Graphite grey here, looks great when freshly washed but that said doesn’t show the grime too quickly, currently sporting a nice layer of dust though thanks to the dry weather.

I guessed this would be the case. To be honest our present Karoq ( and previous Yeti) in petrol blue is pretty good. Wife likes the petrol blue and would be happy with the graphite grey; I like the grey but am happy with the blue! Must try and park our blue one next to a grey one to help decide!

Had petrol blue (twice) and grey, both look good when clean, the grey looks slightly worse when covered in road grim or dust (like now).   

Also had 2 Octavia in dark green (which I think was even better), my least favourite colour I have had was denim blue.

Our current car is grey with orange roof, having discovered how easy it is for people to spot when you are picking them up, would go for a completely orange car if I was picking a colour today.  No one can ever spot a grey car in a car park.

• Like 1

As an aside, today a couple of people saw our petrol blue car and mentioned how good it looked. When I mentioned that I was considering a graphite grey one, they said the blue made a change from all those grey cars around!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, survey said:

As an aside, today a couple of people saw our petrol blue car and mentioned how good it looked. When I mentioned that I was considering a graphite grey one, they said the blue made a change from all those grey cars around!

Yep, and it's free! Oops, no it's not, that's the energy blue, we have 2 skodas in those colours so saved over a grand 😁

Edited by sussamb
  • Like 1

Im in Harlech at the moment. The car isn't dirty as we haven't seen rain for weeks. But it is extremely dusty, not that it shows at this distance!

20230606_194558.thumb.jpg.d8ce1801cdec8e22d3faa8a5bc0d522e.jpg

• Like 1

Hello. I previously owned a black karoq sport line. Looked great when clean. But showed dirt and scratches (wife v bush-bush won). Now have velvet red karoq . I think red shows dirt less. 

IMG20230526131146.jpg

• Like 1

I had the Scout in Quartz grey which was a lovely colour for the car. Didn't show dirt much but looked really good when clean. Shame they don't do it anymore but the new Graphite grey is alright.

Most of the colours they do on the Karoq suit the car really well, however personally I'm not much of a fan of Meteor (primer) grey and I don't think the green is quite the right shade for the shape of the car. I think it could do with being darker, more like the Forest green of the Mk 1 Octavias and Fabias.

Skinflint Yorkshireman here, so free 'Energy' blue for me!

A colleague at work has a Mazda in the 'special' Soul Red colour,  and found there is a considerable premium if any touch-up / scratch repair is required. Apparently the colour is made up of many layers and is difficult (costly) to repair. I had wondered if this might attract a premium on the insurance?

I used the cash saved on the paint to pay for winter pack plus😄

Edited by pinkpanther

Thanks for all your replies. I have ordered a graphite grey but told the garage I would accept another petrol blue one or perhaps a white one if these came up. 

3 minutes ago, Badlammy said:

If can't  settle for any of the factory colours, just get any and respray it to the colour of your choice. Mine's in Dravit Grey Metallic.

20230528_113908.jpg

Now that is a bit extreme!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you can order a Race Blue Karoq at the moment. When I ordered my new one in February it wasn't available.

I've taken delivery of a Phoenix Orange Karoq and it's great.

• Like 1