Superb Mk4

On 30/10/2023 at 16:55, SurreyJohn said:

I was pretty impressed with the new Superb launch.

Looks great, high quality inside & the multifunction buttons looked really good for me (I know it wasn't to everyone's liking).

I'm interested in the real prices thought when is available in the configurator...

58 minutes ago, Gabbo said:

Looks great, high quality inside & the multifunction buttons looked really good for me (I know it wasn't to everyone's liking).

I'm interested in the real prices thought when is available in the configurator...

I think a good few variants will fall into the VED supplement bracket

Cars above £40,000 pay a £390 annual supplement for five years from the second year of registration

On 03/11/2023 at 11:09, Gabbo said:

Yes agree. Looks great, quality interiors and the controversial buttons seem to work from the demos, Waiting for the configurations online and the dealer to make contact.

On 03/11/2023 at 12:10, Stonekeeper said:

I think a good few variants will fall into the VED supplement bracket

Cars above £40,000 pay a £390 annual supplement for five years from the second year of registration

Almost certainly, it seems it shares many of the features and spec levels of the new Kodiaq and that isn't likely to be cheap

For comparison the current (mk3) has brochure price of £31,325 to £45,310 for hatch (before adding options), and £32,605 to £46,595 for estate (before adding options).  Adding just token number of options puts over half the range over the £40,000 tax threshold

You can't buy the new model yet, but you can read the manual by going through Skoda Superb Guides, then manuals, then click the first post.  It initially comes up with error 404, but if you click on services, it can be accessed by clicking on manuals, then NEW Superb.

Note: Edited because link I posted last night and this morning didn't work without a login and password.

Edited by Penpusher

1 hour ago, eksa said:

Combi version is open for configuration in German site.

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/deu/de-DE?pagegroup=Website&salesprogram=DEU&type=Car configurator

Looks like price (in Germany) starts at €43,840 (which is £38,335)

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

Looks like price (in Germany) starts at €43,840 (which is £38,335)

Anyone know how that compares with the price of the equivalent Mk3 in the German market? Just curious cos I'm expecting my new Mk3 to be nailed together next week and I feared the Mk4 would come with a significant price increase at least here in the UK

Edited by Paulinkeighley

1 hour ago, komoornik said:

Here in PL we always had a bit lower prices then in DE. So far it looks like the pricing will go up considerably.

Lumbar support for passenger in fully loaded car seems to be manual 😮

1560966898_superblk.thumb.PNG.8f3ea438dd7679349a8b4de749c9b0bf.PNG

Even on the lowest trim, there's electric lumbar adjustment button.  I think it's a mistake on the 3D model above.

spb_ng_053_low_5c2b7cca.jpg

2 hours ago, Paulinkeighley said:

Anyone know how that compares with the price of the equivalent Mk3 in the German market? Just curious cos I'm expecting my new Mk3 to be nailed together next week and I feared the Mk4 would come with a significant price increase at least here in the UK

Germany pricelist for the MK3 combi is attached.  Seems more or less the same..

SKO_KAT_PL_Superb_06_2023_Online_Einzelseiten.pdf

Hi guys! I went to Prague yesterday to check out the all-new Škoda Superb. Here is a quick look video and a more detailed review. Enjoy!

I would appreciate your like short comment on the video to help with the algorithm. Thanks! A New Kodiaq video coming as well.

Edited by Croat
  • Like 1

I can't believe a Sportline version won't be proposed before end 2024... 

I had a quick look on german Skoda configurator. Only 2 engines are proposed though 5 were announced.

Edited by Bap33

@Bap33

why can't?

Sportline of ŠS Mk3 came out just at the first anniversary.

that were main reason why i didn't order it,

later i found other reasons to avoid Sportline, impossible ventilated seats option etc.

but in case i so much like exterior of SL, i made exterior fix on previous Style and current L&K

6 hours ago, Bap33 said:

I had a quick look on german Skoda configurator. Only 2 engines are proposed though 5 were announced.

Don't forget euro7 starts by 30th June 2025

I think new models have to conform year earlier.

Possibly Skoda have not got production of certain engines in euro7 form yet, so limiting selection to what they can do for time being.

Waiting a year also gives them time to iron out the production issues & inevitable VW software issues so you'll get the best version of it.

9 hours ago, Bap33 said:

4 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@Bap33

why can't?

[...]

See above, double negative. Thus I believe it will! ;) 

@SurreyJohn Don't mix version and engine. 'Sportline' only defines the equipment list. It doesn't means which engine you have.

On Mk3, you could buy a TSI280 L&K as well as a TDI150 Sportline indeed... ;) 

Edited by Bap33