Farage Debanked

EnterName

Nigel Farage is the latest in a series of people who have been kicked out of their bank and told they can not have a bank account.

This was previously done to people without any political clout, so this is a sea change in corporate behaviour.

Presumably this will be hilarious for the woke, but I suspect the ban will be overturned before long.

Regardless, I assume people at the other end of the political spectrum will be taking notes about how to deal with political enemies.

• Thanks 1

@toot It's probably because he's a PEP (Politically Exposed Person), George despite what Farage says about it's 'tHe EsTaBliShMeNt trying to force me out of the UK'. It happens to quite a lot of MPs and others connected politically. Farage is an idiot.

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7376/CBP-7376.pdf

Edited by @Lee
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, toot said:

Now i understand why he thinks he is a PEP. 

Nothing to do with his nipples.

He is a Partially European Person and has a Particularly excruciating personality.

He's a man of the people, George. A big grin on his face all the time (not today, mind). Someone you could have a pint down the pub with.
So much a man of the people he banks at the exclusive Coutts bank. If 'the establishment' want him out then wouldn't that be mutually beneficial? He said if brexit goes badly then he'd leave the country and live elsewhere. The other week on TV he said brexit had been a failure :D 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/everyman-farage-banks-with-coutts-09jkrm2k9 

Looks like you need to grift a fair few bob from people gullible enough to pay into your party to bank with Coutts.

image.thumb.jpeg.76a1e818c3d5c9b3994bc169bc39f164.jpeg
https://www.coutts.com/become-a-client.html

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

@toot It's because he's a PEP (Politically Exposed Person), George despite what Farage says about it's 'tHe EsTaBliShMeNt trying to force me out of the UK'. It happens to quite a lot of MPs and others connected politically. Farage is an idiot.

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7376/CBP-7376.pdf

Which one of these is Farage?

image.thumb.png.9ca7ebbfcb7427029aeb1e246c8ddddf.png

5 hours ago, @Lee said:

It happens to quite a lot of MPs and others connected politically. Farage is an idiot.

Name any other politician or government minister who has had their account(s) closed and applications refused by other banks please.

If it's because he is a PEP then it should  happen to everyone in that category.

• Like 1

It will be an internet myth then @J.R.   Nobody anywhere really having it happen to them.  Or is it?

Maybe a case of fly with the crows you might get shot with the crows. 

Or you lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas.

So much dark money can come the way of some politicians, or ex ones now just media people.

http://fca.org.uk/firms/money-laundering-terrorist-financing/high-risk-customers-politically-exposed-persons

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Name any other politician or government minister who has had their account(s) closed and applications refused by other banks please.

If it's because he is a PEP then it should  happen to everyone in that category.

Very difficult to answer that for the simple reason that, as far as I know, no politicians have been stupid enough to admit to having their accounts frozen for being politically exposed. Banks don't tell the Sun or Daily Fail only their customer. Also, AFAIK, Farage is the only person to have alluded that his account was frozen for being politically exposed. 

Coutts have a clause for senior members of political parties of which Farage is. Reform UK. 

As mentioned by Lord Vaizey in a previous post, 'It happens to loads of us'. Hopefully not because they're all dodgy a/f. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson's money troubles and the reason why he keeps needing bungs from mates is because he's also in the same boat. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politically_exposed_person

Screenshot_20230630-000525.thumb.png.31c76131cdac7dc95c79f7de76775675.png

Man of the PayPal

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

Laurence 'Looza' Fox. Another idiot. Anti lockdown, anti Vax etc etc. With all his phobias he really should seek help from professionals. I honestly can't think why Billie Piper left him 🤷

And don't get me started on the fake Father Calvin Clown the Pastor of Muppets 

Edited by @Lee

The three laws of the Woke SJW are:

1) SJWs always lie.

2) SJWs always project.

3) SJWs always double-down.

I'm going to focus on the second law in action on this thread. (In case you didn't know, projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don't like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.)

Put simply, SJWs assume political enemies behave just as badly as they do.

It's fascinating to see the left, traditionally huge fans of Russia, suddenly pivot and try and gaslight people into thinking Russia is their enemy.

It's like the Cambridge Five didn't exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Five

It's like the UK Communist Party wasn't funded by Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_Great_Britain

The dishonesty would be breathtaking if it wasn't so familiar.

Farage taking money from Russia is the claim. The evidence for this? None.

Yet unsurprisingly, those who shriek "Conspiracy theory!!!!" are as quiet as church mice.

I wonder why that is?

So far in this thread we've seen SJW rules one and two in action.

Can we get a full-house?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, @Lee said:

Very difficult to answer that for the simple reason that, as far as I know, no politicians have been stupid enough to admit to having their accounts frozen for being politically exposed.

In which case could you please delete your previous comment:

"It happens to quite a lot of MPs and others connected politically."

Oh I see that you already have, what a coincidence 🙄

Just as well I quoted it so you still have the opportunity to enlighten us to who these lots of other MP's and politically connected victims are.

Or you could man up and gain a lot of respect by saying that you made it up, had regrets so deleted it.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 2
  • Groan 1

On 30/06/2023 at 09:59, J.R. said:

In which case could you please delete your previous comment:

"It happens to quite a lot of MPs and others connected politically."

Oh I see that you already have, what a coincidence 🙄

Just as well I quoted it so you still have the opportunity to enlighten us to who these lots of other MP's and politically connected victims are.

Or you could man up and gain a lot of respect by saying that you made it up, had regrets so deleted it.

Deleted what? You seem to be mistaken.

I've no reason to delete anything and nor have I. I merely repeated what Ed Vaizey Tweeted. 

Are you a fan of Farage by any chance?

I can't name a single town in the Chinese province of Jiangsu but that doesn't mean there aren't any. I can't name a single model by Ssangyong but that doesn't mean they don't make any. Nobody can deny there aren't any towns in Jiangsu or that Ssangyong don't make motor vehicles.

If there weren't dodgy a/f people in politics those rules wouldn't need to be made. I just wonder what exactly Farage has done that deem him dodgy a/f / a hot potato. Connections to Trump maybe (he's in hot water over stolen documents) or perhaps even connections to Russia (he was a RT presenter; a Russian propaganda TV news channel).

How about I let Christina Jordan ex Brexit Party name one for me. Herself. Including why I said it would be difficult to name any. Happy now?

https://twitter.com/CJordanjb/status/1674561853622480896?s=20 

Edited by @Lee

The Conservative and Unionist Party vary likely takes more money from Russia or Russians or people who's money comes from Russia.

That does not mean other UK political Parties, Politicians, Think Tanks and others do not.

It does usually come out in the wash eventually.

There will be chickens coming home to roost soon enough for people living and dead.

http://newsweek.com/nigel-farage-trump-meeting-russia-money-1428859

It is all out there just waiting to be found out and exposed properly.

Boris will feature, as will daddy and the entourage.

http://bylinetimes.com/2019/10/23/firtash-how-the-trump-impeachment-scandal-leads-back-to-british-brexiters

Jack Wakfield, brother of Mary Wakefield who is the wife of Dominic Cummings. She who worked for The Spectator when Boris Johnson (Snow White)  was the Editor. The host with the most at Fantastic Office Parties. 

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/26/italy-was-monitoring-lebedev-villa-at-time-of-boris-johnson-visit-documentary-claims

Edited by toot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soon more will be in the news on the likes of Queen Camilla,s nephew.

Ex Co-Chairman of the Conservative & Unionist party.  Co-Chair with several now prominent others, James Cleverly & Oliver Dowden maybe the best known, then the other deaf dumb and blind Co-chairs. Amanda Milling & Andrew Stephenson.  (All will have selective memory loss. & a peerage eventually.)

KC3  quite liked getting money from Russia or Russians, or just from anyone really.

Maybe Cioutts will be telling HRH do get his dodgy cash away TF.

http://theneweuropean.co.uk/why-ben-elliot-quit

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/13/scottish-watchdog-looks-into-russian-donation-to-prince-charles-charity

http://mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-charles-charity-accepts-3million-27673070

Back on topic.

Pot kettle, black.   Nigel is a beaut.

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

If Christina Jordan is an MEP then is she non UK resident? if so that will be the reason why that particular account was closed, I note that they appear to be offering her a transfer to different account.

Nationwide and Santander are the only UK banks that have not closed all accounts for all members living in other EU countries, something I'm sure you will be very very aware of Lee in your situation.

That you havn't moaned about being hard done by because of Brexit in this matter suggests that your UK accounts are still maintained with a UK address.

In France you can be declared interdit bancaire, this action is used exlusively against for people who bounce cheques and as a result, ID fraud and stolen chequebooks aside you can accept a cheque from anybody with confidence and in circumstances when it is refused (these things happen) the issuer will be begging you to accept payment in cash or whatever to avoid the consequences.

Unfortunately there are no contrôles on whether an interdit bancaire declaration is being correctly applied, the Credit Lyonnaise did it to me through spitefullness when I closed my account due to their incompetence and unauthorised charges being applied to my account, I know what the situation feels like and would not wish it on anybody whatever their political persuasion.

Why are you asking me if I am a Farage fan, are you still seeking enemys? You should be capable of respecting anybodies political views or leaning, for myself I never ever dget involved in political discussions, 100% due to exposure to people who behave exactly like yourself and who get very angry when I politely change the subject and will not be drawn on the subject, they like you end up drawing their own conclusions usually completely wrong.

Some solicitors have a strange idea who may be a PEP.

I've never been involved in politics or had any where near a senior enough role in an organisation to have to even deal with politicians, but this didn't stop one crazy firm of solicitors (based in Poundbury) insisting that I complete a questionnaire certifying that I was not a PEP when buying a house in 2017.

Yet anther example of the "cover your a**e from even the most remote of possibilities" that drives some solicitors now.

4 hours ago, J.R. said:

If Christina Jordan is an MEP then is she non UK resident? if so that will be the reason why that particular account was closed, I note that they appear to be offering her a transfer to different account.

Nationwide and Santander are the only UK banks that have not closed all accounts for all members living in other EU countries, something I'm sure you will be very very aware of Lee in your situation.

That you havn't moaned about being hard done by because of Brexit in this matter suggests that your UK accounts are still maintained with a UK address.

In France you can be declared interdit bancaire, this action is used exlusively against for people who bounce cheques and as a result, ID fraud and stolen chequebooks aside you can accept a cheque from anybody with confidence and in circumstances when it is refused (these things happen) the issuer will be begging you to accept payment in cash or whatever to avoid the consequences.

Unfortunately there are no contrôles on whether an interdit bancaire declaration is being correctly applied, the Credit Lyonnaise did it to me through spitefullness when I closed my account due to their incompetence and unauthorised charges being applied to my account, I know what the situation feels like and would not wish it on anybody whatever their political persuasion.

Why are you asking me if I am a Farage fan, are you still seeking enemys? You should be capable of respecting anybodies political views or leaning, for myself I never ever dget involved in political discussions, 100% due to exposure to people who behave exactly like yourself and who get very angry when I politely change the subject and will not be drawn on the subject, they like you end up drawing their own conclusions usually completely wrong.

Who said she was an MEP? Certainly not me. I even mentioned she was an EX Brexit party MEP.
You say that 'if so, that will be the reason' they closed her account' and that it's because she's a non UK resident. You then say that Nationwide and Santander are the only UK banks that haven't closed all accounts for all member living in EU countries.
Did you not notice that the EX MEP banked with Nationwide? (small point I know but Nationwide isn't a bank - it's a building society) and Santander is a Spanish bank (Hint; Spain is an EU member.).
Nationwide didn't 'offer' to do anything for the EX MEP - they suggested she goes online and switches to another bank. Maybe she even found one with £200 cashback for doing so - bonus!
I'm well aware that Nationwide haven't cut me off being a customer with a GERMAN address. I'm also aware they haven't told me they're closing my account because there's a possibility I'm dodgy a/f.
You can still have a UK bank account if you live in the EU - there's a handy list in the below article by Forbes in case you'd like an account for yourself.
https://www.forbes.com/uk/advisor/banking/best-banks-for-expats-in-the-uk/

I'll take your word for what happens in France but I find it hard to believe a bank would close a person's account out of spite. 

Farage? It was just a question that's all. I only asked as he was the MEP for South East England from 1999 until 2020 - a part of the UK of which you were a resident I seem to recall  :) 

Edited by @Lee

9 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Who said she was an MEP? Certainly not me.

Not you that posted what I read then.

Christina Jordan

@CJordanjb

·

Several mths after I was elected Brexit Party MEP, my family & I had all of our accs closed.

• Confused 1
  • Groan 1

Remembering the news stories on Nigel in line at a German Embassy to apply for German Citizenship and then stories of his children having German Passports and he was applying for one, was there ever anything true on that and did he get a German Passport?

Maybe just spin from himself to make him more interesting.

Like the money that was being looked into over his expenses, travel etc, and taxes. Money docked from MEP salary to recoup etc.

Offshore accounts and whatever might or might not do that he will comment on when others might or might not do things.

@J.R.

The link is there with what see said about several months after she became a MP.

Not that many months it could be considering her short term as one.   Well remunerated from the public purse for that though, like the others that had to take up the job knowing how temporary it would be.

Edited by toot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Not you that posted what I read then.

Christina Jordan

@CJordanjb

·

Several mths after I was elected Brexit Party MEP, my family & I had all of our accs closed.

I said she was an EX MEP. Just because she said she was elected as an MEP doesn't mean she's still an MEP now. You seem to have assumed otherwise.

No idea why you doubled down.

Edited by @Lee

@toot He admitted himself that his kids have German passports though I don't think his application was successful. Or maybe he's not saying for fear of being called a hypocrite? He's married to a German from Hamburg so I guess that's how his kids got German citizenship. 
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/18/nigel-farage-admits-his-children-hold-german-as-well-as-uk-passports

Edited by @Lee