Farage Debanked

EnterName

I dont know what doubling down means, I was answering the question that you asked of me.

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I dont know what doubling down means, I was answering the question that you asked of me.

We're not talking about a question I have asked of you at this point. 

My last posting was replying to the question that you asked of me:

"Who said she was an MEP? Certainly not me."

I have no idea what you are talking about but "we" are not talking, this reply is simply a courtesy, it is my last.

7 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Some solicitors have a strange idea who may be a PEP.

I've never been involved in politics or had any where near a senior enough role in an organisation to have to even deal with politicians, but this didn't stop one crazy firm of solicitors (based in Poundbury) insisting that I complete a questionnaire certifying that I was not a PEP when buying a house in 2017.

Yet anther example of the "cover your a**e from even the most remote of possibilities" that drives some solicitors now.

I think that's part of the anti money laundering checks that were brought in, Dave. IMO a good thing to prevent laundering of money that could be cleaned and then used to finance, for e.g. terrorism amongst other things. If memory serves it was brought in by the EU, of which the UK was a member in 2017.

A check I hope isn't scrapped myself. 

Edited by @Lee

Late night thought 🤔

I was just wondering about Dominic Cummings. Formerly of one of the Leave campaigns and formerly Johnson's best buddy last seen dashing from Number 10 after something about an eye test.

Speaks Russian, worked in Russia.

Like I say, just a thought. 

Was he one of the Conservative Friends of Russia group or was that only for MPs?

Also Baroness Fox. Former member of the Revolutionary Communist Party. 

Oh, another one. Arron Banks. Also connected to Russia I believe. 

Not to mention Johnson's as I've already mentioned. All of the above (excluding Fox) have links to a hostile state. (Russia for those at the back)

I've always been a bit sceptical of Russias 'cooling'. It's well known that after the CW 'ended' that gangsters, AKA 'oligarchs' moved in. It beggars belief that people would want to do business with them. That disbelief applies to all western politicians. Schröder was one of the worst for it IMO but not the only one. Some even still suck up to Putin. Modi, Erdogan and of course his Belarusian puppet. 

Edited by @Lee

37 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I have no idea what you are talking about but "we" are not talking, this reply is simply a courtesy, it is my last.

It would be more than helpful if you let people know which question or point you were talking about. Either by way of quoting it or some other means. Go back to the very start and read again what I said; 'EX' is a big clue.

Thank heavens for small mercies 🙏

One has to wonder if some people have an original thought of their own or if they're just parrots squawking opinions of others that they happen to agree with. 

FYI  the Cambridge Five dates back to the 1950s and the CPofGB was disbanded in 1991. Hardly relevant to Farage having his account closed really.

Screenshot_20230701-021845.thumb.png.79fd087aa194d70fe7b63686daeed169.png

https://www.amazon.com/SJWs-Always-Lie-Thought-Justice-ebook/dp/B014GMBUR4

Screenshot_20230701-020604.thumb.png.dca853a844ae421af93ed3e0d00b3f0f.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vox_Day

One has to ask if members of Briskoda are happy having what are deemed far right unsubstantiated opinions by someone who thinks he's the voice of God (from the Wiki piece) being parroted? This might explain some of the insulting attacks on people he deems 'woke'. 

Perhaps a moderator would help to clarify 

@cheezemonkhai @DeanVRS20VT @Chris or @Gizmoif you're not too busy could help?

As mentioned before elsewhere by myself, a bad actor and not someone who, IMO, shares the values of Briskoda. 

Edited by @Lee

5 hours ago, @Lee said:

I think that's part of the anti money laundering checks that were brought in,

They why when I bought a house in 2022 was the same question not asked? My point is that whether to ask the PEP question is not mandatory but seemingly at the whim of a solicitor.

@LeeDominic Cummings lived and worked in Russia and maybe partied.

He was a Doorman for his Uncles or was that fathers and uncles nightclub in Durham before that. 

Journalist wife later, inlaws that work for Central & Eastern Europeans.  Politician friends that all work hard and party hard and might well like something to help them through the night.

What fun there must of been with those ravers about like Michael Gove, Boris Johnson, George Osborne and others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

They why when I bought a house in 2022 was the same question not asked? My point is that whether to ask the PEP question is not mandatory but seemingly at the whim of a solicitor.

Only noticed this to being tagged above.

I was flagged as a PEP (someone with the same name in New Zealand!) which was quite amusing as:

A/ about as far away from New Zealand as you can possibly get

B/ You would struggle to find anyone with a less political bone in their body as me

(IMO they are ALL as bad as each other and whilst I think they start off with good intentions, they ALL end up with one goal.... ME, ME, ME)

Anyway the chain on that house broke 12 ½ weeks in, on the new house (different conveyancer as they were partly to blame due to how slow they were) no PEP forms were needed to be filled in, despite part of the balance coming from an inheritance and therefore different hoops were needed to be jumped through to prove where the money has originated from.

Due to this I don't have the time (or frankly the interest in anything political) to look into this @Lee 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, @Lee said:

It would be more than helpful if you let people know which question or point you were talking about. Either by way of quoting it or some other means. Go back to the very start and read again what I said; 'EX' is a big clue.

Thank heavens for small mercies 🙏

If you were to have read the text of mine that you quoted you would see I had done exactly that using quotation marks:

MY TEXT QUOTED BY YOU:

END OF QUOTED TEXT

In case that is not clear enough it was you that asked the above question of me, I replied to it and you said I was "doubling down" which I have no idea what it means, nor frankly do I care.

8 hours ago, @Lee said:

As mentioned before elsewhere by myself, a bad actor and not someone who, IMO, shares the values of Briskoda. 

Its good to practice self reflection but don't be too hard on yourself Lee.

• Haha 1

On 30/06/2023 at 12:25, toot said:

The Conservative and Unionist Party vary likely takes more money from Russia or Russians or people who's money comes from Russia.

That does not mean other UK political Parties, Politicians, Think Tanks and others do not.

It does usually come out in the wash eventually.

There will be chickens coming home to roost soon enough for people living and dead.

http://newsweek.com/nigel-farage-trump-meeting-russia-money-1428859

That's a 2019 article @toot, what was the outcome of the investigation which appears to have been prompted by allegations, not evidence.

15 hours ago, @Lee said:

One has to wonder if some people have an original thought of their own or if they're just parrots squawking opinions of others that they happen to agree with. 

FYI  the Cambridge Five dates back to the 1950s and the CPofGB was disbanded in 1991. Hardly relevant to Farage having his account closed really.

Screenshot_20230701-021845.thumb.png.79fd087aa194d70fe7b63686daeed169.png

https://www.amazon.com/SJWs-Always-Lie-Thought-Justice-ebook/dp/B014GMBUR4

Screenshot_20230701-020604.thumb.png.dca853a844ae421af93ed3e0d00b3f0f.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vox_Day

One has to ask if members of Briskoda are happy having what are deemed far right unsubstantiated opinions by someone who thinks he's the voice of God (from the Wiki piece) being parroted? This might explain some of the insulting attacks on people he deems 'woke'. 

Perhaps a moderator would help to clarify 

@cheezemonkhai @DeanVRS20VT @Chris or @Gizmoif you're not too busy could help?

Snide mean-girl tier attacks aside, my point was that the political left have been in bed with Russia for decades. So it's a bit rich for them to start accusing the right of what they have themselves been doing since the 1950's, as Lee helpfully pointed out.

So we had the initial lies, the projection, and as the three laws predicted, the doubling-down.

We did get the hat-trick!

15 hours ago, @Lee said:

There's that second law in action again: SJWs always project.

Given Briskoda is a motoring forum with some social boards attached, I have to wonder how someone who seldom strays outside the social boards to offer either help or advice to anyone, can claim to share the values of Briskoda?

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

1 hour ago, toot said:

@EnterName

I posted the 2019 article because it was then and this is now.

When he was at Turnberry interviewing The Donald just in May he was his usual self, no hand in his pocket, nose to the grind stone, or is that brown nosing. 

Just another grifter. 

That doesn't really provide any evidence for de-banking him, though.

The thing is, the claim that the people having their bank accounts removed is because they are PEPs is not true.

A variety of people who have spoken out of alignment with the woke narrative have been denied banking services.

image.thumb.png.0a062d18b398432713b91db8a73484cb.png

Archive link, as it's behind a paywall.

https://archive.ph/6WWEs

As I said at the start of this thread, it's all fun and games for the woke when it's happening to their political enemies.

But what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander.

• Like 1

Even earlier than 2019 on Nigel.

He is very transparent and he will tell anyone that asks him about his business and tax affairs.  Just an honest man getting by in life and paying what he owes when he owes it.

http://channel4.com/news/by/michael-crick/blogs/puzzle-of-ukip-leader-nigel-farages-offshore-trust

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

It must be awful for an evangelical Christian who's dedicated his life to telling others how to live their lives that they must live their life without a building society that doesn't like their views 😞

I doubt the whole story is being told. 

On 01/07/2023 at 00:03, J.R. said:

I no idea what you are talking about but "we" are not talking, this reply is simply a courtesy, it is my last.

Yet apparently not 🙄

Google 'rhetorical question'

10 hours ago, toot said:

Maybe more to do with the international aspect of The Filling Station Trust.

http://thefillingstation.org

I dunno, @toot. There is a clear pattern of people who are not compliant with the woke agenda losing access to banking. (Twitter link might be a bit iffy, as Twitter is doing weird things just recently.)

https://twitter.com/DarrenSelkus/status/1675129519894671362

More generally, to those that need to hear it, it's all very well justifying removing banking services to individuals, but you're foolishly normalising weaponising the state against individuals.

If you can't see the obvious downside to this, then more fool you.

If you treat people who aren't aligned with your politics like your enemy, eventually they will get the message, and start to act like your enemy.

Farage won the Television and Radio Industries Club (TRIC) Award for "news presenter of the year".

This was a public vote. The majority of the public who voted, voted for him. I assume you will think this is because they are all stupid, or ignorant. Like those stupid people who voted for Brexit, eh?

Certainly not the wise, insightful left-leaning self-righteous person that you are, with every opinion neatly aligned with the correct consensus.

On 01/07/2023 at 01:14, @Lee said:

Rule two: SJWs always project!

It's all very well sitting in your little echo-chamber "ignoring" people who disagree with you (but still popping up to snipe at them before quickly curling up in a little "ignore" ball in case they reply), but it might just be possible that your perspective on the world is not shared by the majority of the world. The only way you're going to learn this, is if you discuss things with people who disagree with you, instead of throwing a tantrum like a petulant child who has never been told "No.".

Removing banking from individuals not an immediate threat to the UK is reckless, and I suspect that once the few politicians we have who can think beyond the next by-election realise this, they will put a stop to it.

Edited by EnterName
Added note about Twitter link.

This has been discussed before and i have said before.   I have not a clue what 'woke' means, not a scooby and the more i looked at what it means or meant i have come to the conclusion many others have no idea either.

100 days, 3 months.  a couple of months, 2 months.

Too late for Nigel.  

Has he some terminal illness and time is short?

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, toot said:

This has been discussed before and i have said before.   I have not a clue what 'woke' means, not a scooby and the more i looked at what it means or meant i have come to the conclusion many others have no idea either.

You're in luck! We have a thread on it.

Sadly the thread originator threw a tantrum and locked the thread, but there's enough on there to give you a good idea of what it means.

28 minutes ago, toot said:

100 days, 3 months.  a couple of months, 2 months.

Too late for Nigel.  

Has he some terminal illness and time is short?

Not sure what you're getting at here. Can you state your point clearly?

• Confused 1

@EnterName

No luck.  I was a participant in the thread, as were you.

Maybe listen to Nigel's Co-worker as he speaks on Sky Australia.

If it is 2 months since de-banked and it could take around 100 days to get information then if you ask at the beginning another month and then we might know or Nigel will.

?

Where has he been for the last 60 days as in telling us what happened.  Applied to 7 other banks (establishments) apparently.  

*Maybe he went when they were closed, or maybe it was he applied to 7 other banks to open accounts!.*  Words are important with Journalists / Politicians, Ex Politicians.

He is not usually slow in coming forward.  So this was a good week to tell us about how badly he is being treated.

?

Did he wake up and think, since i have Woken i will get some more air time?

Maybe he has no offshore banking or overseas accounts that are not with UK owned or head quartered banks.

Maybe the bank of Arron Banks and other supporters are not going to help him out when he is stuck for the money to buy a property.

Obviously his Employers can not assist him with banking services. 

The Donald will not be helping him out.   Never a lender or a borrower be. 

Keep a few gold bars or a bag of diamonds handy as you never know when you need some lunch money.

Screenshot 2023-07-02 09.00.53.png

Screenshot 2023-07-02 09.01.13.png

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

It just seems weird to me (perhaps due to my political leanings), that convicted criminals are allowed bank accounts, while Farage, who hasn't been convicted of anything as far as I can find out, isn't.

https://unlock.org.uk/advice/managing-external-bank-account-prison/

I understand the schadenfreude, but the glee from many of the Woke about Farage's banking troubles seems a bit short-sighted to me.

Presumably they assume it could never happen to them. I wonder why they have that belief?