Farage Debanked

EnterName

13 hours ago, J.R. said:

Yes it is looking like its going to be an interesting time, surprising and yet uplifting to see the solidarity and support coming  from some high placed yet diametrically opposed political opponents regarding this scandal.

How are they diametrically opposed? Which high placed support? Which political opponents? 

Solidarity from those opposed? 

That makes no sense whatsoever to me. 

Elaborate please. 

Given your heightened sensitivity displayed by your last few postings I will be following @Breezy_Pete's advice and not responding.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Given your heightened sensitivity displayed by your last few postings I will be following @Breezy_Pete's advice and not responding.

Heightened sensitivity?  
Look, if the question's too difficult just say so. Why are you tagging Pete in? He's had nothing to do with this topic and I feel certain he couldn't care less about it.

Edited by @Lee

On 23/07/2023 at 09:51, EnterName said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there will be an "apology" dragged out from behind the clenched teeth of a BBC minion at some point.

The apology came through very clenched teeth. 😄

17 hours ago, @Lee said:

How are they diametrically opposed? Which high placed support? Which political opponents? 

Solidarity from those opposed? 

That makes no sense whatsoever to me. 

Elaborate please. 

Goodness me! What a lot of questions.

The potential for getting bogged-down answering these questions is considerable, and every question can be followed up by another.

Can we keep the topic closer to "Farage Debanked" on this thread, please?

I'm sure there are appropriate online resources if you'd like to learn more about politics.

18 hours ago, @Lee said:

I'm a bit fed up of @EnterNamespouting his crap on here TBH.

Spouting crap?

Let's look at my suggestion that a political activist has gain a position of power at Coutts. A suggestion that you claim is "an utter load of crap".

On 23/07/2023 at 18:07, @Lee said:

I switched off after "It was because Coutts has been infiltrated by political activists who have gained positions of power and are, in typical fashion, abusing their position of power to attack political enemies." No, it falls under the term 'what a load of conspiracy theory *******s'.

What an utter load of crap :D  Who even are these unnamed 'political activists' lurking in Coutts's passageways? Where's the evidence for that claptrap? :D 

Firstly, we've already had an admission from Coutts that Farage was debanked for political reasons.

Quote: "Dame Alison Rose, chief executive of Natwest – which owns Coutts – has already apologised after the bank’s internal documents revealed that the account had in reality been closed because they thought his political views did ‘not align with our values’."

image.thumb.png.9b88fe34b58e5b5e959724f068ed8050.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12326949/Ex-UKIP-leader-lodges-formal-complaint-Information-Commissioner-Coutts-account-closure-rower-cost-bank-17-5m-misusing-data.html

If you actually read my posts instead of trying to make a virtue of not reading them, and then replying to them anyway, you might not look quite so daft.

Then having poured scorn on the very idea that a left-wing activist in a position of power might de-bank someone for their political beliefs, you say you'd do the same.

Personally if I owned an exclusive bank I wouldn't want to be associated with him either.

As to the identity of the political activists.

Who even are these unnamed 'political activists' lurking in Coutts's passageways?

Well, the Coutts source who originally lied about the reason behind the debanking of Farage, has not been named so far. Apparently it was a "trusted and senior source" according to Simon Jack, who has "apologised" for repeating the lie.

Their identity may emerge in time. A resignation/firing/job move might be a clue.

image.thumb.png.6af137e84ac65b6ce55ef47d4a6405d3.png

This paragraph caught my eye.

And as for these 1000s of others who've had their bank accounts closed; how many were customers of Coutts? How many were closed because of their views? I'd hazard a guess at very few. How many were closed because the customer had fallen behind on their overdraft repayments or credit card repayments or mortgage repayments? I'd hazard a guess at far more than the former. And how many had their accounts closed because they no longer live in the UK as has happened? Again, I'd hazard a guess at far more than those who had their accounts shut because of their views.

Who said anything about 1000s of others? Only you, Lee. So your follow on questions about how many of them were customers of Coutts, how many were closed because of their views, etc. etc. are a good example of the disingenuous technique of straw man arguing. You set up a misrepresentation of what I said, then expect me to defend the misrepresentation? I don't think so.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

As for this.

23 hours ago, @Lee said:

I just think that anyone who believes that banks have been infiltrated by some sort of woke far lefties seriously needs to give their head a wobble, be treated with the contempt they deserve and be laughed off the face of the earth.

Lee, they have literally admitted to doing this and apologised for it. 🤦‍♂️

19 hours ago, @Lee said:

I think you and I have far more in common than either of us have in common with the likes of WhatsisName.

Steady on! What's @skomazdone to deserve that sort of abuse? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Further to my post last night, YouTuber "Politico" posted this video, which is a good 9-minute breakdown of the Farage debacle.

Helpfully, Politico also links to the Coutts dodgy-dossier. (My words)

Page 10 has some juicy info on it.

image.thumb.png.f16eae689f8abc24f0423d459b484b4e.png

The video highlights the link between "journalist" Simon Jack and Coutts & NatWest boss Dame Alison Rose, as they sat next to each other having a merry old time at a BBC charity dinner the night before Jack wrote his piece about Farage being debanked. That's a pretty good high-placed & trusted source, IMO. But of course, that might be a coincidence and the source may be someone else. 😉

Politico raises an interesting point, when it comes to the infiltration of organisations by far-left activists.

https://www.coutts.com/insight-articles/news/2023/taking-pride-in-our-lgbtq-clients.html

If you don't think it's left-wing political activists making businesses look like Coutts below during pride weekend week month season, then you might, as some say, like to "give your head a wobble".

Taking Pride in our LGBTQ+ clients | Insights | CouttsCoutts: Bank with Pride

• Haha 1

Coutts dossier. 

From page 1 "Recommendation is to retain NF for now. However, it was noted that NF currently has a mortgage with Coutts, which is due to expire in July 2023 and which, on a commercial basis, we would not look to renew and so would suggest winding down the connection on that basis."

From Page 8 "Although he does not align with our views, is likely to be the same for a number of the bank’s customers. We do note that NF is a public figure and therefore the comments he makes are likely to reported more widely than other clients"

From page 9 "Our recommendation is not to exit but if we did decide to do this then we would need to accept that there is a significant reputational risk to the bank in doing so. It is likely that NF would perceive a decision to exit him as ‘unfair’ and he would almost certainly use his public platform to communicate this dissatisfaction."

From page 11 "In the interests of treating NF fairly and minimising reputational risk, if decision to exit is agreed, I recommend giving advanced notice that we do not have appetite to renew his mortgage or provide banking facilities after the fixed period expires in July 2023.

From page 39
image.thumb.png.c50d92dd41b50963a7b389ca2cb05171.png
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23881614-private-redacted

Cource: I C&Pd the most relevant parts.
https://twitter.com/Alex250175/status/1683479542713794566

More

image.thumb.png.7020f93d42c6026df1c977a9cbb16a2f.png

https://coppolacomment.substack.com/p/i-told-the-truth-and-i-will-not-apologise

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

What is it about rainbow flags that upset you?

Indeed - I may not agree with you much @Lee but I would love to now why a connection has been made with rainbow Pride colours on banks and the other elements being discussed in this thread - there appears to be none whatsoever and the connection appears to be being made simply as a result of a personal prejudice on the part of those making said connection.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 3

The establishment are trying to force me out of the UK by closing my bank accounts. I have been given no explanation or recourse as to why this is happening to me. This is serious political persecution at the very highest level of our system.

He's just p1ssed off that someone beat him to it. The man is a trud.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, @Lee said:

So why are you so vociferously defending the far right racist, xenophobic Nigel Farage? What is it about rainbow flags that upset you?

Having pointed out you using a straw man argument previously, here you are doing it again.

I may have to reconsider my position on you being inconsistent. 😄

6 hours ago, skomaz said:

Indeed - I may not agree with you much @Lee but I would love to now why a connection has been made with rainbow Pride colours on banks and the other elements being discussed in this thread - there appears to be none whatsoever and the connection appears to be being made simply as a result of a personal prejudice on the part of those making said connection.

Flying your flag is a sign of victory. There is significant symbolism in removing a defeated foe's flag and raising your own in its place.

I am not "upset" by rainbow flags, I merely point out that they are gang colours for a political activist movement.

I made the point as Lee was vociferously indignant by the very idea that political activists had infiltrated many companies and institutions.

The fact that they fly their activist flag shows that they do have significant influence.

I m surprised people struggle to understand this. 🤷‍♂️

• Groan 1

15 minutes ago, EnterName said:

Flying your flag is a sign of victory. There is significant symbolism in removing a defeated foe's flag and raising your own in its place.

I am not "upset" by rainbow flags, I merely point out that they are gang colours for a political activist movement.

I made the point as Lee was vociferously indignant by the very idea that political activists had infiltrated many companies and institutions.

The fact that they fly their activist flag shows that they do have significant influence.

I m surprised people struggle to understand this. 🤷‍♂️

Or alternatively they show the rainbow colours on their banks to show support to the LGBTQ+ community they are part of and to show that they do not hold LGBTQ+ prejudices...

Either way it is still not political and your connection is incorrect and not relevant.

Edited by skomaz
  • Thanks 1

Whatever your feelings about the man his experience has resulted in the government (who are no fans of his) taking steps to curb the indiscriminate practice of debanking people and that is to be applauded.

Having had it done to myself I would not wish it on anybody, thankfully in my country and I believe most if not all other EU countries everybody has the absolute right to a bank account and procedures are in place to gain an acccount with another bank.

In my case I had already tried to close my account due to their incompetence and insouciance, they make even that almost impossible and to punish me for doing so they declared me interdit bancaire with absolutely no justification, just through spite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Was the rainbow facade Coutts Bank or Natwest?

Coutts but the parent company NatWest also celebrated Pride month and fair play to them. 

20230725_201931.thumb.jpg.161c39e51b26cfb5fe8a02e586fdddcb.jpg

12 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Whatever your feelings about the man his experience has resulted in the government (who are no fans of his) taking steps to curb the indiscriminate practice of debanking people and that is to be applauded.

He wasn't 'debanked'. He no longer had sufficient funds to hold an account with Coutts. He was offered an account with the parent company NatWest but he declined their offer.

What does 'interdit bancaire' mean for those of us on this English speaking forum who don't speak French?

Edited by @Lee
  • Groan 1

36 minutes ago, @Lee said:

He wasn't 'debanked'. He no longer had sufficient funds to hold an account with Coutts.

Thats a very interesting interpretation to say the least, if you repeat it enough some might start believing it.

Alternatively they could read the internal documents that they were obliged to release and make their own conclusion.

There is lots more to come out yet when the Natwest have to release their documents.

Doesnt anybody shred incriminating stuff these days?

Fred the Shred rings a bell, wasn't he a banker? Natwest?

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1
  • Groan 1

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Thats a very interesting interpretation to say the least, if you repeat it enough some might start believing it.

Alternatively they could read the internal documents that they were obliged to release and make their own conclusion.

There is lots more to come out yet when the Natwest have to release their documents.

Doesnt anybody shred incriminating stuff these days?

Fred the Shred rings a bell, wasn't he a banker? Natwest?

Did you not read my post from earlier today?

What does 'interdit bancaire' mean for those of us on this English speaking forum who don't speak French?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/514604-farage-debanked/?do=findComment&comment=5774391

It worked for me when at the 11th hour before leaving on a backpacking trip around the world having organised someone to live in and look after my house when I went to add their name to the policy Direct Line decided to de-insure me.

You try getting insurance when you have had your policy cancelled especially in your last couple of days.

Having reflected I rang them back and told them that I had discussed it with my housesitter, Mr X who I described as my "partner" that we considered it discrimination and would be contacting our gay rights lawyer, they asked me to hold for a moment and came back with a completely different welcoming attitude saying that they had included Mr X as the joint policyholder and that they hoped I would have a memorable trip.

This was in March 2004.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, J.R. said:

It worked for me when at the 11th hour before leaving on a backpacking trip around the world having organised someone to live in and look after my house when I went to add their name to the policy Direct Line decided to de-insure me.

You try getting insurance when you have had your policy cancelled especially in your last couple of days.

Having reflected I rang them back and told them that I had discussed it with my housesitter, Mr X who I described as my "partner" that we considered it discrimination and would be contacting our gay rights lawyer, they asked me to hold for a moment and came back with a completely different welcoming attitude saying that they had included Mr X as the joint policyholder and that they hoped I would have a memorable trip.

This was in March 2004.

So are you admitting publicly to have lied in order to remain with the same insurance company? Have I got that right or are you lying about you lying to Direct Line?

Either way you've admitted you're a liar. What else have you lied about on here? Of course there could be another personal reason which I have no problem with myself. Or you could be being very economical with the truth in your reason to add credibility to your story. It's difficult to tell now. There's been a few posts from you where you've felt hard done by including on (in this topic I believe) about being debanked I think it was.

I wonder if I have to check the weather for Picardie and Bergerac now. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Groan 1