Wireless Android Auto issue

Cocobroon

It was 0330 for the system software. But it was different to previous updates I have had as there was a message about applications update that I have not seen before. No other update numbers for android auto that I could see 

22 minutes ago, eddyr said:

It was 0330 for the system software. But it was different to previous updates I have had as there was a message about applications update that I have not seen before. No other update numbers for android auto that I could see 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/08/2023 at 10:17, Cocobroon said:

OK thanks. I might get phone Skoda and see if they can help me.

Did you have any joy? I have the same issue, new kodiaq SEL executive and Google pixel 8 pro

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2023 at 10:53, IanPerry316 said:

1) Do you have a phone with wireless charging?

2) Does the car have the wireless charging pad?

You might still have to address the issue of battery drain on the phone if you can't charge wirelessly (for either reason above).

If I wirelessly charge my phone on the pad while connected to AA, after about an hour of driving the phone will overheat and shutdown majority of the apps (Z Fold4). 

To get started with AA wirelessly, it will disconnect 2-4 times before establishing stable connection. 

As per other users, my brand new, March 2024 built and delivered Karoq SEL had serious connection (rapid disconnection) issues with wireless Android Auto,  The car came with MIB3 software version 0324 which is still listed as the latest version.  I was advised by Skoda that an OTA update to version 0330 should be available - but after waiting a few weeks and being impatient, I downloaded  the update myself  with guidance from mib-helper.com and then mibsolution.one and installed using a memory stick in the USB C socket..    I can confirm that Android Auto now connects wirelessly and stays connected with version 0330.

• Like 2

I got 0330 last week.  

Wireless Android Auto now working perfect. 

Just wish the wireless charging pad was a bit longer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 15:10, G32turbo said:

Looks like I spoke too soon. The solution quoted above lasted for all of 48 hours before reverting back to it's default "Unable to connect"

Well I've just followed your instructions and it seems to work ok, however, I'll give it a few days and see what happens. It works ok when you plug it into a USB C to C cable however.

Brand new Octavia - received it less than a week ago.  Android Auto is wireless.  Sometimes it connects fine and other times it won't connect.  IF I reboot my phone it will connect.

I can't get it to connect at all with a cable, and I tried using my Ottocast A2Air dongle that I used in my previous car but that doesn't connect either.

I did a factory reset on my phone (at great pain) and it helped for about a day.  Now it's hit and miss again.

How can I tell what version of software my infotainment is using?  How can I update it?  (Or is the update pushed to me when Skoda decides?)

Really a shame to put so much money into a car that is so smart but not have it perform a basic and vital function.

1 minute ago, sussamb said:

Perhaps post this in the Octavia forum

From what I'm reading here this is not an Octavia problem so much as a Bolero (hence Skoda-wide) problem

42 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

From what I'm reading here this is not an Octavia problem so much as a Bolero (hence Skoda-wide) problem

It seems that vehicles with earlier infotainment generation like the Karoq have been stable with wireless Android Auto since the 0330 update.

How do I know if 

2 minutes ago, logiclee said:

It seems that vehicles with earlier infotainment generation like the Karoq have been stable with wireless Android Auto since the 0330 update.

How do I know if I have the 0330 update?

24 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

How do I know if 

How do I know if I have the 0330 update?

This is a Skoda wide problem.  The Karoq has the same infotainment system as other Skoda models (there are hardware variants - Bolero, Amundsun, Columbus etc. depending on the model age and spec)

To find current software version, on the console  press MENU then SETTINGS then SYSTEM INFORMATION and you will find software version 0330 or otherwise.

To update the software - (a) wait for an Over The Air update on newer models (b) take the car to a dealer  (c) do it yourself at your own risk

To do it yourself, visit www.mib-helper.com for instructions and download the correct software for your unit from www.mibsolution.one  Press and hold the MENU button to enter the red engineering menu for software upload via usb/microSD card as appropriate for model.  The full software file name will be something like  MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P33000P_0330  depending on your model and location.

The 0330 download seems to fix this issue. However it's 3.8gb so make sure you have good 4g reception before you download it. Once it's downloaded and installed, (two separate processes), I found that you sometimes have to connect twice before it works properly.  As others have said,  connecting via USB cable works fine.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, slarty62 said:

This is a Skoda wide problem.  The Karoq has the same infotainment system as other Skoda models (there are hardware variants - Bolero, Amundsun, Columbus etc. depending on the model age and spec)

To find current software version, on the console  press MENU then SETTINGS then SYSTEM INFORMATION and you will find software version 0330 or otherwise.

To update the software - (a) wait for an Over The Air update on newer models (b) take the car to a dealer  (c) do it yourself at your own risk

To do it yourself, visit www.mib-helper.com for instructions and download the correct software for your unit from www.mibsolution.one  Press and hold the MENU button to enter the red engineering menu for software upload via usb/microSD card as appropriate for model.  The full software file name will be something like  MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P33000P_0330  depending on your model and location.

Here's what I'm seeing for system information.  Looks like my SW version is 1969 whatever that means.  When I clicked om "show all updates" I got a blank screen.  Anyone have any insight?

PXL_20240528_123038377.MP.jpg

Edited by BigEZ

39 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

Here's what I'm seeing for system information.  Looks like my SW version is 1969 whatever that means.  When I clicked om "show all updates" I got a blank screen.  Anyone have any insight?

PXL_20240528_123038377.MP.jpg

I'm moving this over to the Octavia discussion group, apparently I don't have the same infotainment system as Karoq

35 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

The blank screen on software updates just means it hasn't downloaded any OTA software updates for you yet.  It will change if and when it does.

As you have an Octavia, you should probably look in the Octavia forum here for specific advice   www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/522574-update-to-version-1969/    .  Version 1969 appears to be the most recent for your model / hardware.