Ondeleven

I am looking at getting an Ondeleven as it seems easy to use, won't touch coding just one click apps. Other use for fault codes and battery health check etc 

What can I actually change on a 2.0TSI SEL a lot of things seem to need extra hardware. 

Does the A5 multifunction camera come as standard, I can't find a picture of what it actually looks like does anyone have a picture of the A5 camera? 

Also want to do the throttle response mod as that bugs me even in D mode, anyone done this on a 2.0 TSI 220 and does it make any difference.  Would love to drive around in E mode so I get the cylinder deactivation but without the lethargic throttle response.

37 minutes ago, AShingers said:

I am looking at getting an Ondeleven as it seems easy to use, won't touch coding just one click apps. 

I personally would never use the One Touch Apps - way more risky and hard to undo when something goes wrong.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JR RS said:

I personally would never use the One Touch Apps - way more risky and hard to undo when something goes wrong.

+1

The apps can (and do frequently) screw the coding right up. 

If you are not comfortable in doing long coding / adapting coding yourself then find someone experienced locally who can do it. 

2 hours ago, AShingers said:

I had hoped that would be the safer way as it's tried and tested code. 

Quite the opposite based on other folks experiences. Seems like just because it worked on one year/config of car, OBDeleven expect it to work on all of them :D

A5 camera is easy to spot, it'll have a triangular cutout on the windscreen to look out of. It'll only have been fitted from factory if you have either lane assist or traffic sign recognition. If you only have high beam assist, you'll have a lowline 20 camera instead.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the throttle mod, plenty of folk then get an error code which disables cruise control.

Having to worry about insurance every year if you change provider, seemed more straightforward to do it within the car but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Plus I think an OBD reader would generally be useful.  May just have to leave it as it is.  

4 hours ago, AShingers said:

... anyone done this on a 2.0 TSI 220 and does it make any difference. 

DTUK Pedal Box

I installed one of these to combat throttle lag. Works great. Pretty much plug'n'play, just a tight squeeze to get under the dash. Multiple settings for speed of response. I've not read a complaint from anyone on this site that installed the box.

(edit) I've left it in place during the annual service with the dealer and it has never been mentioned. I have declared it on my insurance.

Edited by freelunch

I've used the one touch apps for some things, (Before I read about all the things that could go wrong). Changed comfort indicator from 3 to 5, throttle response, and something on the front lights. Had no problems at all. Won't use then now though. I used OBD11 to recode battery when changed to AGM. Straightforward job.

Thanks, did the throttle response mod work well out of interest?  Not looking for anything major just an improvement on standard. 

I think it seems I will just have to learn how to do long coding.  At least that way I can back up if it goes wrong.

12 hours ago, AShingers said:

I had hoped that would be the safer way as it's tried and tested code.  Only really want to change the throttle response mainly

The issue is that they "rinse & repeat" the same App change across multiple models across the VW, Seat, Audi and Skoda range.

It is not specific to the Superb.

Hence there will b some Apps that make other unknown "black box" changes that can adverse side effects, which can b difficult to reverse or remove.

Not saying all Apps cause issues, but it's just not worth the risk, especially when some of them cost 100 credits to apply.

Which will also require the same amount of credits to undo, with no guarantees ur car will b restored to its previous state.