Kamiq MY20 MIB3 Update

r0bb10

On 19/02/2024 at 11:17, Xurde said:

Hello everyone,
I own a Karoq without navigation, 
I seem to have the same version as the Kamiq.
According to what I read here I can update the infotaiment software. 
Now I have the MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30200P version.

can I try to update to 308 directly or do I need the intermediate updates?
After 308 I jump to 330 also directly?
After upgrading with the files on a usb, I need to clear some kind of error, I don't have any diagnostic tool?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

image.png.572886e49b6547d25d4bfa0d6e917595.png

Thank you for your answers

according to the 0308 manifest you should be able to update from 302, you could probably do the same on the Karoq just try it the software will check the hash and only do it if it's compatible.. you will not have any functional error just need to do a SVM to complete the procedure but it does not show up in regular driving.

"Manifest": "1.0.0",
 "PackageName": "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30800P",
 "PackageType": "main",
 "PackageVersion": "308.0.1",
 "Release": "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30800P",
 "MuVersion": "0308",
//
 "SupportedTrains": [
  "*_?268*",
  "*_?270*",
  "*_?272*",
  "*_?274*",
  "*_?276*",
  "*_?278*",
  "*_?300*",
  "*_?302*",
  "*_?304*",
  "*_?306*",
  "*_?308*"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/02/2024 at 18:28, r0bb10 said:

PS: btw, proof that i'm on 330 now :) i also connected the car to my wifi in the garage and perfomed an online update for the maps, i'm now on 23.6 database and not on 20.11 like the photo sais).

image.thumb.jpeg.305ad50795a43f9e38fcff151fb80be7.jpeg

I've done all the process today, everything works. As I have the Nav already present I didn't lost anything durint the update from 0156 to 330.

For the Nav update, you download the file from skoda website or you just wait an update pop up in the radio ?

Anyway thanks for the guide and the files :)

PS: btw, proof that i'm on 330 now :) i also connected the car to my wifi in the garage and perfomed an online update for the maps, i'm now on 23.6 database and not on 20.11 like the photo sais).

I've done all the process today, everything works. As I have the Nav already present I didn't lost anything durint the update from 0156 to 330.

For the Nav update, you download the file from skoda website or you just wait an update pop up in the radio ?

I've done all the process today, everything works. As I have the Nav already present I didn't lost anything during the update from 0156 to 330.

I've done all the process today, everything works. As I have the Nav already present I didn't lost anything during the update from 0156 to 330.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J0uj0u said:

Good Job :)

I initially downloaded the update on a usb drive from the Skoda website but then i had to do other stuff and did not proceed with it.. since i have wireless internet connection in my garage and the car is connected it helf updated first to 23.6 and noticed yesterday to 23.12.. so no need for a manual update :) 

15 hours ago, vegarz said:

You need update to 306 or 308 first.

Then to 324 or 330.

An error 1550 no relevant appears.

You can try Car scanner with a cheap OBD elm 327. With this you can do 3 codings in trial mode before paid mode.

Thank you very much for your response. 

I will try to look for OBD elm 327 information to buy it and clear the error 1550.

6 hours ago, r0bb10 said:

de acuerdo con el manifiesto 0308 deberías poder actualizar desde 302, probablemente podrías hacer lo mismo en el Karoq, solo inténtalo, el software verificará el hash y solo lo hará si es compatible... no tendrás ningún error funcional, solo necesitas Es necesario hacer un SVM para completar el procedimiento, pero no aparece durante la conducción normal.

Thank you very much for your response. 

I will try to do the update

SVM? Delete errors?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Xurde said:

Muchas gracias por su respuesta. 

intentaré hacer la actualización

¿VMV? ¿Eliminar errores?

Gracias

Yes, It is.

• Like 1

Thanks for your retex @r0bb10!

I've check my Scala and I'm on fw 0155 and my Skoda dealer said "no update for you!" 🙃

I don't know if I choose to loose (temporary) the nav and fight with him to bring it back or stay on 0155..

Hi @r0bb10,

I purchased an ODBEleven dongle to check my OCU version and to be able to clear the SVM error when I will (maybe) run the software update of the MIB. We talked about OCU in this thread before and checking my version I'm worried that it's very much out of date...

See the attached screenshot. Any tips and info you may have to update it ? If not needed I wouldn't touch it though.

Screenshot_20240302_172919_OBDeleven.thumb.jpg.5a4a37c1baef1ceffd6b8321645032a1.jpg

Edited by chli

23 hours ago, chli said:

Hi @r0bb10,

I purchased an ODBEleven dongle to check my OCU version and to be able to clear the SVM error when I will (maybe) run the software update of the MIB. We talked about OCU in this thread before and checking my version I'm worried that it's very much out of date...

See the attached screenshot. Any tips and info you may have to update it ? If not needed I wouldn't touch it though.

Screenshot_20240302_172919_OBDeleven.thumb.jpg.5a4a37c1baef1ceffd6b8321645032a1.jpg

that's a very very old version, does obdeleven say that there is a new version available? i dont know if there is a special procedure to update from that version but technically if the update allows you to flash it you should be ok doing it, the only problem could be that maybe it requires other updates on other modules.. you could try in erwin looking for a TPI.

On 03/03/2024 at 21:11, r0bb10 said:

that's a very very old version, does obdeleven say that there is a new version available? i dont know if there is a special procedure to update from that version but technically if the update allows you to flash it you should be ok doing it, the only problem could be that maybe it requires other updates on other modules.. you could try in erwin looking for a TPI.

Hi @r0bb10,

Thank your for the insight. I just checked with ODBEleven and no update is detected for that component.

I don't see any instructions in my TPI regarding the OCU, I will maybe get another "one hour plan" on ErWin to see if I missed something.

Do you have the same HW number / version of the OCU ?

@r0bb10 @Lennart thank you both for your posts and support updating from version 0156.  I have managed to do everything up to firmware 3300 other than reactivate the Navigation. I have tried the codes from my chassis number in ODI-S and get the following errors are the end of the Special Function per the image. I tried different codes from the spreadsheet and different orders and the error code changed making me suspect it's a problem with the activation codes for my particular car 😞

Any thoughts appreciated but otherwise, 3300 seems great, I now get Android Auto without needing to plug in phone plus all of the Connect functionality works etc. So in summary, just no navigation but I can use Android Auto for that.

Thanks, Dan

20240309_172619.jpg

Hello i have 0324 already on my car but navigation not active only carplay work and android auto work 

So any help to active navigation gbs on mib3 

and thanks

On 10/03/2024 at 20:04, danakajoel said:

@r0bb10 @Lennart thank you both for your posts and support updating from version 0156.  I have managed to do everything up to firmware 3300 other than reactivate the Navigation. I have tried the codes from my chassis number in ODI-S and get the following errors are the end of the Special Function per the image. I tried different codes from the spreadsheet and different orders and the error code changed making me suspect it's a problem with the activation codes for my particular car 😞

Any thoughts appreciated but otherwise, 3300 seems great, I now get Android Auto without needing to plug in phone plus all of the Connect functionality works etc. So in summary, just no navigation but I can use Android Auto for that.

Thanks, Dan

20240309_172619.jpg

Hi, sorry for the late reply.. i did not encounter in such an error but you cannot use other codes from the excel, they wont work.. your codes are "TMBKW7NP1L7050357 FREPPSDNAVB1 SV8719ZZTRBM 489747", did you follow the TPI correctly and used the FFS menu to reactivate navigation? It requires DSS Login on Geko, it's wierd that it does not allow it, but i used 7.2.1 odis so dont know if something else is messed up.

You could bring the car to the dealer and make them reactivate it no problem, you just have to pay the work if out of warranty but they should do it.

Thanks R0bb10.  I have been chatting to Lennart, fairly sure I went through the correct options and used the above codes. I used ODIS 9.1 so that's the only difference. Unfortunately my dealer is useless in this regard and recommended changing the infotainment unit for £3,000!

The only thing I wonder is that I have an expired Connect subscription for the Connect Services - Infotainment Online and Care Connect - Remote Access. I wonder if this makes any difference or perhaps activating from the UK makes a difference. Not sure?

10 minutes ago, danakajoel said:

Thanks R0bb10.  I have been chatting to Lennart, fairly sure I went through the correct options and used the above codes. I used ODIS 9.1 so that's the only difference. Unfortunately my dealer is useless in this regard and recommended changing the infotainment unit for £3,000!

The only thing I wonder is that I have an expired Connect subscription for the Connect Services - Infotainment Online and Care Connect - Remote Access. I wonder if this makes any difference or perhaps activating from the UK makes a difference. Not sure?

I had mine also expired, but i think you could try to renew it for 1 month free if you login in your account, that is what i did after i reactivated the navi (and itself updated to 24.2 now).

did you try again? do you have any other fault codes? is your OCI also updated?

yeah the dealers are really bad but you should bring with you the TPI printed and ask the chief mechanic to follow it and that you will provide that code for them, they should charge you only the labor.. that is what i managed to make them do until i decided to do it myself.

Dear @r0bb10 and @Lennart,

I want to thank you for sharing your update stories !

Thanks to you I finally took the plunge and did the update tonight.

I have a Kamiq MY21 that came with 0270.

Tonight I flashed 0308 and then 0330.

Even though I thought I was ready I was surprised by 4 things:

1.  You must extract the files at the root of an exFat formatted USB drive (I used a fast USB 3.0 SSD) (You should have /Data and /Meta)
  2. It takes a few seconds for the USB Media option to appear when you enter the engineering menu and start the update
  3. Once the update is complete you have to scroll down and confirm "resume" to reboot in normal mode (it was a bit confusing at first)
  4.  With ODBEleven you need a Pro account to be able to run the SVM (Confirmation of installation change), I thought I could do it with the "Free" level just having purchased the HW (still cheaper than to have the garage do the update though...)

Everything works as I had the 00071C00 SWAP already installed and active. I followed the instructions given in the TPI that matched my VIN from ErWIN (2063258/16), except I didn't use a battery charger like recommended. I left the engine running during the whole procedure.

I hope it will solve some of the issues I had sometime :

- GPS location was sometimes wrong for a few days... didn't bother me too much as I use Android Auto but still. (sometime it would be thousands of km away from my location !)

- Reverse camera didn't always turn-on when putting the reverse gear (only happened rarely but always when I was in a hurry)

- My map had stopped updating in July 2021 even though I still had the Online services active till August 2023 (I re-enabled them tonight with the free month, hoping to get a map update soon).

I need to understand now why it looks like I still don't have Wireless Android Auto but otherwise I'm happy.

Thank you again.

PS: Here is a recording of the 0308 to 0330 update (I only started filming after starting the update but you can at least see the confirmation screen at the end with the "resume" option)

Edited by chli
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys i got 330 on skoda karoq with one frined and install it with usb format it fat 32 first and done thanks for help 

Can any one tell me how to got VCRN on my car just appear to me 1234 and thanks

On 10/03/2024 at 16:51, aaaaplay said:

I need help to find Rest of the World or RW files to update from 0156.

can anyone help?

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg

So I need the following files:

MOI3_RW_SKMQB_P30800P
SK20230716RDW308.zip

MOI3_RW_SKMQB_P32400P
SK20230718RDW324.zip

MOI3_RW_SKMQB_P3300P - This one was only added on the 10/3/2024.

SK20240308RDW330.zip 

However, as the car is on version 0156 then I'm assuming there are older rest of the world files not listed on Vag-Flash Info.

Is anyone able to help with Rest of the World/RW updates? I'm in Australia and we don't have Skoda Connect which why I assume we use a different file.

1 hour ago, aaaaplay said:

So I need the following files:

MOI3_RW_SKMQB_P30800P
SK20230716RDW308.zip

MOI3_RW_SKMQB_P32400P
SK20230718RDW324.zip

MOI3_RW_SKMQB_P3300P - This one was only added on the 10/3/2024.

SK20240308RDW330.zip 

However, as the car is on version 0156 then I'm assuming there are older rest of the world files not listed on Vag-Flash Info.

Is anyone able to help with Rest of the World/RW updates? I'm in Australia and we don't have Skoda Connect which why I assume we use a different file.

Yeah you need other files before the 308, if you upack the 308 file there is a file inside called manifest.xml iirc, you can open it with notepad (or notepad++) and look on which version it can be applied, like this example:

"Manifest": "1.0.0",
 "PackageName": "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30800P",
 "PackageType": "main",
 "PackageVersion": "308.0.1",
 "Release": "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30800P",
 "MuVersion": "0308",
//
 "SupportedTrains": [
  "*_?268*",
  "*_?270*",
  "*_?272*",
  "*_?274*",
  "*_?276*",
  "*_?278*",
  "*_?300*",
  "*_?302*",
  "*_?304*",
  "*_?306*",
  "*_?308*"

the EU version of 308 can only be flashed if your current version is at least 268 on newer on on 308 itself, you have to trace back evey version but i assume that RW it's very similar if not identical as the EU.

finding older versions is difficult i know, i have the olders one for EU only because @Lennart shared them, i dont really know where to look for them, surely somewhere in the VAG flashdaten.

sorry for not being more helpfull 😞

Hi, I have a 2021 Karoq (with Skoda written on the back but pre-facelift). it was born with firmware 270 but at my insistence it was updated a couple of years ago to 306 because the maps were not updated (neither via USB nor via OTA).
I downloaded 324 and 308 some time ago (from what I had read I could only install 324 after installing 308, because 306 was not supported). then I never updated because I don't have an OBD device and therefore I couldn't remove the error.
Now I saw that the 330 was released, I wanted to know, before downloading it, whether the 330 can be installed directly on the 306 or whether I should in any case switch to the 308.

In fact, I would like to solve the problem that Predictive Cruise Control doesn't work for me in Italy (it works perfectly in Spain, France... but not in Italy... the Service told me that they can't do anything about it but I suspect it's also linked to the installed firmware...)

Furthermore, I saw that in the most recent versions the firmware updates via OTA, therefore without having to download it to USB... in my Karoq this doesn't happen, I think this is also linked to the firmware, right?

The other thing is the cheapest method to remove B201A error...is OBD Eleven the cheapest device?

330 need at least 308 update.

To clear error B201A Car scanner  can do It with an elm327

You can do 3 codings first time, after this you need update to pro version with a few euros.

IMG_20240318_214954.jpg