Dull things.

@Lee

25 minutes ago, SteveTheElder said:

Fair point; however, in my opinion, in terms of dullness during the process, it out does washing the car, vacuuming, and cleaning windows.

All of what i ended up doing on friday 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveTheElder said:

Fair point; however, in my opinion, in terms of dullness during the process, it out does washing the car, vacuuming, and cleaning windows.

Yep very valid...   And you generally get wetter too unless you use one of those rotating patio cleaner attachments...   So I'll cuncur with the dullness after all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

I assembled a flat pack hedgehog house today. Eight screws in total. I bet the young female doesn't use it either 😔

I made one about 14 years ago after we had a 'spike' in our garage at the old house...   Its never been used to this day... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

I assembled a flat pack hedgehog house today. Eight screws in total. I bet the young female doesn't use it either 😔

put some meal worms in there, not too many though, as they can cause a calcium deficiency, along with some nuts and seeds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

put some meal worms in there, not too many though, as they can cause a calcium deficiency, along with some nuts and seeds.

There's some wet and some dry hedgehog food in the garden with a bowl of fresh water. Plenty of bird food on the ground for them to forage as well. Guessing these are the guys who've been visiting for a few years now just out of hibernation. Two at least. The smaller one has been visiting during the day but quite hungry but eating and drinking so no cause for concern about her yet. Probably fattening up and foraging for nest material. Got a wildlife cam outside now so I'll be keeping an eye out. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, @Lee said:

There's some wet and some dry hedgehog food in the garden with a bowl of fresh water. Plenty of bird food on the ground for them to forage as well. Guessing these are the guys who've been visiting for a few years now just out of hibernation. Two at least. The smaller one has been visiting during the day but quite hungry but eating and drinking so no cause for concern about her yet. Probably fattening up and foraging for nest material. Got a wildlife cam outside now so I'll be keeping an eye out. 

if theyre happy to come in and feel safe in the garden, then adding food inside the house will hopefully make them feel more comfortable about going in and potentially living there. 

i always put food in the bird boxes after i changed out the bedding each season using the coir from a cordeline tree growing in the garden so its familiar. seems to work for them.

• Like 3

Dunno if I've told this dull tale here or not.
Shaun Keavney has a slot on his show called "small claims court" where you can make a dull not-quite claim to fame. I've always thought about telling mine...

I've fixed Obi-Wan Kenobie's Dad's computer.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

It's probably about time I had a haircut.

It will most likely be the same 19mm all over administered by myself as it has been since 2020.

In less dull news and Star Wars related, I once had a few drinks with R2-D2 or, specifically, the man who was inside. 

2 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

That is so NOT dull. It's borderline epic!!! 

i know, can you believe Obiwan's dad was in Scotland, all the way across several galaxies just to get Aspman to fix his computer!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, mac11irl said:

i know, can you believe Obiwan's dad was in Scotland, all the way across several galaxies just to get Aspman to fix his computer!

Obiwan's old man was a sparky. There is something you won't learn in a DVD extra.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Im in bed, awake, despite only getting 2hrs sleep. knowing i have to get up 40mins, to let the childminder go home. not being able to sleep, kinda wanting to get up and do something before she heads home but cant be arsed.. the conflicting feelings after a night shift...

• Sad 3