Dull things.

@Lee

Have you got a really dull story to share?

Something that is so dull that it might actually make it not dull?

There's at least three VW Beetles in Blazing Saddles and a red MG B. 

• Like 1

My Daughter and her fiancé came around for dinner on Wednesday.  We had a vegan mushroom casserole.  She found a 6" long earthworm on the floor of our downstairs loo.  We've no idea how it got there.  I put it out in the back garden because nobody else was prepared to touch it.

Gaz

• Like 3

I washed, hoovered and dusted two cars last weekend. 

• Like 4

went and did the shopping this morning. tesco click and collect, lidl and dunnes.

think i saw a BYD in the car park. not sure as it was too far away to be sure.

if i have time tonight ill be hoping to sort my tax reclaims for 2021 and 2022.

may organise the 2023 claim at some stage.

dull enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

if i have time tonight ill be hoping to sort my tax reclaims for 2021 and 2022.

may organise the 2023 claim at some stage.

dull enough?

Tax returns that long would be living dangerously in Australia, probably a fine, or if big enough, conviction and possible deportation to a penal colony in the UK!

I painted a room today and watched it dry. So much fun I will paint the same room, the same colour tomorrow.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerrycan said:

Did you REALLY hoover them or just vacuum them?

Actually I Black and Decker Pivot Autovac'd them as I couldn't be bothered to get the big vacuum cleaner out.  🤣

• Haha 1

Ooh and I saw a Hyundai Ionic 6 this morning...   Although that was actually quite exciting

20 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Ooh and I saw a Hyundai Ionic 6 this morning...   Although that was actually quite exciting

weve an hyundai dealership nearby, so i see quite a few around..

is it just me or does it look like the designers saw a faxed copy of a picture of an old 70s/80s citroen and used it for inspiration but not in a good way?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

is it just me or does it look like the designers saw a faxed copy of a picture of an old 70s/80s citroen and used it for inspiration but not in a good way?

You know those Crimewatch videofits...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerrycan said:

Tax returns that long would be living dangerously in Australia, probably a fine, or if big enough, conviction and possible deportation to a penal colony in the UK!

if self employed, then yeah, there would be fines/ penalties and interest for undeclared income. but as a paye worker, you can claim back credits for stuff like medical expenses, and for 2023 mortgage interest relief, up to 4yrs back for a refund. its just tedious, going through all the receipts and then offsetting anything already paid back like health insurance cover.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Its seems that the South Koreans have forgotten how to make babies. The result is that real soon now the average age over there will be 95 and a 70s citroen will be the most modern car that they will be able to recall.   Wouldnt be surprised if Bernie E appears as lead visionary for Hyundai in a year or two.

On topic : brought the washing in a few minutes ago. See its raining now......so today has been an insanely successful day :)

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

Yeah there's definitely something not quite 'right' about the design...   Almost as if they were trying to hard with it. 

I had a fairly uneventful trip to the shops. I didn't see an Ioniq 6 or a Byd but I did see a Lynk & Co EV.

• Like 2

I found out Dominic (snooker player) Dale's favourite movie is 'Get Carter' and that he had a bespoke suit made that is a replica of the one that Michael Caine wears in the film. 

At risk of falling foul of this threads ethos and becoming slightly interesting, he also owns the only surviving script of the film, signed by several of its protagonists (it cost him over £4k)

I think I stayed well within the lines :D 

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

IMG-20240304-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.5387285520c33ef4bb64246148c499b3.jpeg

did my first plastic bottle deposit scheme return today. you can only use the voucher in the store where you returned the bottles/cans in the fancy machine.

and, yeah, still wearing a very wet pair of work boots after a site meeting the rain this morning..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I think I stayed well within the lines :D 

Dunno 'bout that

Was gonna explain but think maybe you are to young to understand  :) ( & I'm a bit of a M.C. fan )

Didnt go out all day - 'cause its Damp & Dark 😞

@mac11irl  Congrats, thats the first deposit return receipt that I have seen :). I presume somewhere there are a lot of highly paid execs who will win a huge payout when the scheme is declared a failure and closed down ...

Edited by olddog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, olddog said:

Dunno 'bout that

Was gonna explain but think maybe you are too young to understand  :) ( & I'm a bit of a M.C. fan )

Have to say I'm a little confused :thinking: