My Felicia has a broken windshield wiper

4 hours ago, nta16 said:

Tipex is fine too (unless they've changed the formula).

Can find this product.

2 hours ago, nta16 said:

as the nut remains secure in its position.

Behind the main bolt is a plastic cap

3BlVMLr.jpg

then a small ring (not visible here) , the windshield wiper and the final bolt comes and presses down all of them.

No matter of how tight the big bolt is, for sure due to the 2 rubber washers there would be a tolerance to the whole structure so the move left-right of the mechanism wont transmit the vibrations straight to the metal body of the car.

• Thanks 1

I thought the plastic cup was rubber, if it's shaped and angled it might be to allow for angle of metal door panel skin, if you have this fitted check you have it at the correct angle/orientation as that may give you more exposed threads on the motor shaft.

Sorry I put Tipex wrong, it should be Tipp-Ex, white correction fluid  for paper forms and the like, if you have ever been in an office a few years back you would probably have seen it, not so common now and if you don't have a bottle of the fluid that hasn't dried out forget it.  Also used to use it to highlight timing marks, position of nuts and bolts when tightened, it lasted long enough for reassurance and sometimes a very long time on things like CB points distributors.  Little bottle with brush or foam applicator so easier to get in spaces, bright white so stood out and easy to see. - https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/p/4900

Edited by nta16
spelling

12 hours ago, nta16 said:

Sorry I put Tipex wrong, it should be Tipp-Ex

Yes i know it, from the beginning of 80's we call it ''correctional fluid" here.

On the other hand i know that thread lock can hurt plastics, so if i put on the thread (and the bolt push it downward) won't affect those 2 rubber washers?

2 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

On the other hand i know that thread lock can hurt plastics, so if i put on the thread (and the bolt push it downward) won't affect those 2 rubber washers?

Good point, I know generally they're not for plastic threads but I don't know if they would really do any harm to the rubber washers in this instance as the rubber is not holding fluids in under pressure and just holding out ow pressure external rain or wash water.

You could perhaps clean off any excess or make sure none gets on or to the rubber washes by applying the threadlock only at a certain point of threads on the shaft cover arm threads, or coat the rubber washers in silicone grease at the possible threadlock excess contact area.

If you are really worried or need to know then best to contact the manufacturer of the threadlock for its suitability against rubber as a non-binding or sealing agent.

ETA: Personally I'd not give it a second thought.

Edited by nta16
ETA:

Gorilla is the only "super glue" I've found that sticks anything and not just my fingers but I've no idea of how it is with metal threads, thing is if it sticks well you might have to ruin the nut and possibly metal/rubber washers to get the nut off again and still might have a bit of the nut stuck to the motor threads.

• Thanks 1

I can not see it in PC

ScreenShot_20240405123400.png.b89094863e9ef736ad91697d0357c25e.png

but i saw it in smartphone.

Mine is 95% like yours, if i move it harder i have a tiny slacken feeling but from the rear of the motor

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/PPM.jpg.c5dc931fe446f6ee0f49b6654a042dfe.jpg

Since there is a rubber ''base'' (yellow arrow) there, for sure there would be a tiny amount of tolerance (red arrow), i don't think it's significant and can cause any problems in the future but only the time (of use) will tell.

5 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I can not see it in PC

huh i wonder why?

5 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Since there is a rubber ''base'' (yellow arrow) there, for sure there would be a tiny amount of tolerance (red arrow), i don't think it's significant and can cause any problems in the future but only the time (of use) will tell.

How long are you planning of keeping the felly, whatever the case I think you would at least get 2 winters out of it

5 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

huh i wonder why?

How long are you planning of keeping the felly, whatever the case I think you would at least get 2 winters out of it

I don't know, i have Windows 10 and Mozilla.

As long as i can, i pay a loan for my house so i don't want to get another one to buy new car.

If it broke i would buy from another brand.