Kamiq Hill Hold ?

Johnjohn1

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a car with a DSG?

Is it Hill Hold Assist (Hill hold control) that you do not have, as in from the brake pedal to the accelerator the car does not hold without rolling back for a couple of seconds? 

Good morning Rooted, that was a fast reply given that this forum is fairly quiet .
It’s a manual 1.5 SE Drive, as it’s near the top of the range I expected Hill Hold although the Škoda website impies it.s an option but doesn’t say on which model it’s an option, and of course the 2024 model levels are different.

In the 2022 brochure there is no mention of it at all that i can see

https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Skoda-Kamiq-2022-UK.pdf

It states standard equipment in the 2023 brochure

https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Skoda-Kamiq-2023-UK.pdf

if your car is a "registered" may 2023 not built in 2023 it is possible it's a late 2022 model build?

Also not sure if the facelift was August 23 before announcing the new 2024 version.

Thanks Stonekeeper for all the info, I can’t see any mention of it as std-fit or option either. FYI it was a “to order” build May5th 2023.

1 minute ago, Johnjohn1 said:

Thanks Stonekeeper for all the info, I can’t see any mention of it as std-fit or option either. FYI it was a “to order” build May5th 2023.

Ooops Stonekeeper,Hill Hold is there in the 2023 SE std equipment. Thanks again.

I’m very pleased with the car, now to see how good, or not, Marshalls are at warranty work. Based on my previous Marshalls (other branch)  experience with my Audi my expectations are not high.

3 minutes ago, Johnjohn1 said:

When did you order it?

After a quick dig production change dates

Screenshot2024-03-24at13-00-20kodaOwnersManuals.png.f008dbecd78b780075abc5ce38c40dbf.png

So it appears 2022/11 would apply to your car

https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Skoda-Kamiq-2023-UK.pdf

No mention of the feature that i can see

2 minutes ago, Johnjohn1 said:

Ooops Stonekeeper,Hill Hold is there in the 2023 SE std equipment. Thanks again.

I’m very pleased with the car, now to see how good, or not, Marshalls are at warranty work. Based on my previous Marshalls (other branch)  experience with my Audi my expectations are not high.

That's what i thought i said

A car built before  June 2023 would be a 2022/11 spec

?

Can someone please tell me what difference you have with Hillhold Assist with a manual gearbox and a manual hand brake?

Is the 'Anti-stall' not enough and driving as normal with a manual box? 

On 24/03/2024 at 13:01, Johnjohn1 said:

Sorry for the late reply but how did you get on with Marshals?

If you haven't been there yet, is there an option in the menu to disable it I wonder? I haven't checked because I've only just seen your post but on my daughters Fiesta it can be disabled and just wondered if thats the case here.

Edited by Stoker

Actually I found that my May 2023 does indeed have hill-hold. It only works if I hold the car on the foot brake, then release, it holds the car for approx 2 secs.
I previously thought it was faulty as I always hold the car on a hill with the handbrake, then the hill-hold does not function. Not sure if this normal, it doesn’t seem very logical to discourage the use of the handbrake.

• Like 1

That's normal. If you're using the handbrake just release it as if you're doing a hill start.

Edited by sussamb

5 hours ago, sussamb said:

That's normal. If you're using the handbrake just release it as if you're doing a hill start.

I agree with this, if you apply the hand brake the expectation is you use clutch and accelerator in conjunction with it on a manual box to do the hill start.

Having hill hold assist negates the need to do a hill start hence no need to apply the handbrake at all on an incline.

So it makes sense to me to have it activate from the footbrake only.

With the DSG box even simpler. Foot brake to stop, if on enough of an incline hill hold assist activates and accelerator to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoker said:

I agree with this, if you apply the hand brake the expectation is you use clutch and accelerator in conjunction with it on a manual box to do the hill start.

Having hill hold assist negates the need to do a hill start hence no need to apply the handbrake at all on an incline.

So it makes sense to me to have it activate from the footbrake only.

With the DSG box even simpler. Foot brake to stop, if on enough of an incline hill hold assist activates and accelerator to go.

Surely the creep function of a DSG will stop an auto car rolling back on a slight incline. This may mean that the hill hold is un-necessary ans is use of the handbrake?

12 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Surely the creep function of a DSG will stop an auto car rolling back on a slight incline. This may mean that the hill hold is un-necessary ans is use of the handbrake?

Would you ride the clutch of a manual to stop yourself rolling backwards on a hill?

48 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

If the stop start activates and the engine has cut out I'm pretty Sure I feel hill hold rather than instant creep on the restart.

• Like 1

I have a 2021 1.0 manual SE Kamiq and I have hill hold. Maybe there was a period with chip shortages when it was removed?

I would hate to end up with a 2022 Kamiq that had a lot of features removed and came with windy windows.