Skip to content

Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..

Featured Replies

I gave mine a tankfull of Tesco Momentum a little while ago and honestly I didn't notice any difference, either in performance or fuel economy!

Nottslan

Yes. my car was new with 5 miles on the clock.

On 30/09/2026 at 19:39, BillyParker said:

I took delivery of a ex demo SE l Edition DSG 1.5 tsi on Monday. Traded in my 2018 Suberb for it. Must admit having second thoughts now

Unforunately the car developed electrical faults, Map detail disaappearing with an image of a car in a blank screen, an intermittent warning the active sign recognition wasn't working, a booming/resonance in the cabin plus others. Took it back and rejected it under the Consumer Rights act on monday 5 oct. After my Superb it was a disapointment.

Since reading this post I have been observing the DSG behaviour more closely. Now I have a 2.0 TSI 4x4 Sportline so a wet clutch DSG rather than the dry clutch in the OPs car, so my observations may be specific rather than general. The DSG seems to respond to throttle position to decide when to change up, rather than actual speed or absolute revs (until the redline). If I apply a lot of throttle ie over accelerate but not foot to the floor, it can rev to 3000 rpm before changing up, if I ease off a bit it changes up whilst still accelerating, ease off more to maintain the speed and it changes up again. If I pull away gently, in a 30 limit, behind a slower vehicle, with minimal throttle applied it changes up below 2000 rpm but does not go above D4. When the limit changes to 40, slight throttle pressure to increase speed and it changes up only when I ease off having reached 40 mph. It seems driver throttle inputs will trigger DSG gear changes, which is identical to how my previous torque converter autos worked.

Comparing Oranges & lemons with a 1.5 TSI ACT or a 1.0 TSI with a DSG from different model years then 2.0 TSI or TDI,s with DQ381,s from different model years.

1 hour ago, Evolution13 said:

Comparing Oranges & lemons with a 1.5 TSI ACT or a 1.0 TSI with a DSG from different model years then 2.0 TSI or TDI,s with DQ381,s from different model years.

Thanks - I thought that might be the situation.

35 minutes ago, thamestrader said:

It seems driver throttle inputs will trigger DSG gear changes, which is identical to how my previous torque converter autos worked.

That's exactly what you would expect , the DSG is monitoring engine load (rpm & throttle position) and adjusting the gear change points accordingly so that the engine doesn't 'labour' and holds lower gears when load is higher!.

Its no different on a 1.5 TSI with a dry clutch, gear change points are still dynamically adjusted.

I expect my 1.0 DSG does the same, but I tend to pre=empt things to a certain extent by going into Sport ,when I think I need some instant power, otherwise there's a little hesitation before the engine/DSG combo sorts itself out. I didn't feel the need to use Sport on my previous 1.2 DSG Yeti, but no hardship with the Karoq.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.