Limited Edition vRS

Shifty

I spoke with a dealer at the weekend (test driving a vRS). Limited edition vRS will be Race Blue but not available until May 2007, this being the release date for the NEW Fabia. See details in this link;

MNH - Drivetime - 14/12/2006

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't like it when I test drove it

really nice to drive, good power when you're going for it, comfy, well-speced

however, it wants to be driven hard, VERY hard.

it comes on boost at about 1,500 and it hits hard, I couldn't drive it smoothly

According to info on a Czech forum, there is the following news on the run-out Fabia 1s:

- Race Blue RS built from week 3

- From week 6, Fabia Combi 'Fit'; which sounds like a Combi RS (but without the option of the 130BHP engine)

- Week 13, cease production of the Fabia1 hatchback.

So, "Race Blue" - supposedly from the Octavia VRS. Where do I find this colour in a brochure? I looked in the Octavia brochure and there is just Deep Sea Dark Blue and Blue Storm metallic. In the Fabia brochure, there is Dynamic Blue and Storm Blue metallic.

I think the weeks refers to the financial calender, week three would be from mid - late April

We are currently in week 42!

I don't think so. Financial calendars start at the beginning of the year. It is tax years that go from April to March.

my local Skoda deal (Capitol in Newport) just admitted that it will be Race Blue, with leather and Xenons, but that's all they know

They now know that it will also have cruise control and some special glass. (What is that? There is nothing in the brochure.) Also, the planned run of 1,000 may be extended to 1,500 if they sell out quickly. They are expecting them imminently.

I saw the Race Blue on an Octavia VRS on their forecourt. It is not bad (in my view) - although I prefer my dark blue.

that Octy is very very nice! my dad was eyeing it up!

imminently? last I heard there were expecting them late April!

might have to cancel my current order....

They now know that it will also have cruise control and some special glass. (What is that? There is nothing in the brochure.) Also, the planned run of 1,000 may be extended to 1,500 if they sell out quickly. They are expecting them imminently.

I saw the Race Blue on an Octavia VRS on their forecourt. It is not bad (in my view) - although I prefer my dark blue.

Guys here in Czech say the leather seats will have blue middle & black margins. Production starts in week 3 (now) and in week 13 the short Fabia ends.

Also new Combi "Fit" with vRS colours, front vRS bumber and wheels and other extras will be available from week 6

We should have some pics of blue vRS next week ;)

Guys here in Czech say the leather seats will have blue middle & black margins.

One of my quibbles about the VRS was the light grey coloured seats - quite impractical (particularly if one worries the passengers with a turn of speed). So I hope the blue inserts are not too light. It would probably be OK if they matched the paint work.

Anyway, for me, this is all academic. I haven't yet decided if I want to ditch the silk-smooth comfort of my 2.0 Elegance for the taka-taka and pong of the VRS just to get the sporty feel and economy.

hmmm.... if they really are gonna be soon, I'll have to pop in the dealer and ask!

I spoke to Jason about this last week, he actually put me off ordering a yellow 1 and said to wait for the blue 1. He said it will be available to order from the beginning of Feb and will have the ltd edition no. sewn into the seats, and cost "not much more" than the standard car. Roll on February! :D

hmmm... I might have to pop down then!

when would they expect delivery then?

I didn't ask to be honest, but would expect it during March. If not, I may be tempted on a pre-ordered red VRS at a knock down price;) My previous red VRS is still on the forecourt - VK05OZL.:confused:

Anyway, for me, this is all academic. I haven't yet decided if I want to ditch the silk-smooth comfort of my 2.0 Elegance for the taka-taka and pong of the VRS just to get the sporty feel and economy.

.....and Torque ;)