2007/2008/(2009 lol)/2010/2011/2012/2013 Brisky detox.. still going strong haha

Neo_VR

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm hoping to get down to 14st by my birthday in March , currently 15st 5lbs:eek:

ordered a new MTB last night and some new parts for my old bike , will attempt to ride to work (10 miles)

I've told myself that when it's still light at 6.15pm I'll start walking the 3 miles to work every morning, and back in the evening.

Should just throw off the weight (currently 14st 9 or thereabouts), considering I don't do very much exercise at the moment :D

I seem to have put most of the weight back on since losing it - having my GF move in and provide cooked meals every day hasn't helped.

Lol :rofl: Thats what I am like put loads on thanks to home made cooking :rolleyes:

Bloody fed up with roast dinners over the festive period aswell, Looking forward to getting back to normal.

Happy New Year Everyone

I managed to keep off the fags last year (apart from a couple in September, but they don't count).

Does buy a house count as a new years resolution?

Yes.. thats on my list too Alan (well maybe not buy, but move closer to work and get a housebuying plan together)

Other "lifestyle" NY resolutions i have are concequences of my new job... getting up earlier so i can get the bus to work every day. (thatll save me a fortune in petrol and cut mileage on the car) - Work harder and smarter to advance my career. and to enjoy myself while doing it :)

The rest are the same as last year... no drink in jan, then only at the weekends when not in house.. go to the gym, take pride in appearance, get decent nights sleep and spend less time on't computer.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Come on guys, look back at the years, do you really want a 2012 adding to this thread this time next year?

If you’re serious about losing weight sign up to some forums, post some questions, get some help, there is a lot of knowledgeable people out there who go at great lengths to help.

Hello Walkie, long time no see, hope you are keeping well.

Really good thanks mate :)

Of all the forums I go on now, this one has the best community, so I'd thought I'd swing on by and see what's going on!

This thread stood out to me as I am quite into training and have seen so many people go from 20 - 18st to 14 - 12st after a lifetime of being overweight and it's just incredible.

The difference is they were committed to their goal, not interested in it.

If you’re interested you'll do what's convenient, if you’re committed you'll do what it takes.

I'd love to come on here and see people making lasting change.

Hey walkie...

Ive seen you knocking about on MT emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Hope everythings going well!

I echo what youve said... im still trying to break my seasonal cycle.. ******* SAD screwing me over!.. got some useful tips on supplements from the MT forums that i think have worked quite well.

Getting there slowly though... the fluctuations are becoming smaller as i experiment with different ways of integrating workouts and excercise into my lifestyle.. (ie skiing)

Just over 14st at the moment with my "summer" weight being around 13-3.. although i also have more muscle mass and am probably 100x fitter also... this years plan is to try and achieve the same but without being ketogenic as it just doesnt suit my lifestyle.

My plans are to lose weight and get fit again. Had my first run this morning and the cold air on my chest nearly killed me! Still I'm off to a good start but I can't work out how I've lost so much weight in such a short amount of time. On boxing day I was 16st bang on. Started my diet of weetabix in the morning, small meal at tea time something like beans on toast and then cereal for supper. I went out on New Years and drunk more alcohol in one night than I have all year. Weighed myself this morning before my run and I'm 15st 6! I'd like to be about 14 1/2 Stone so another stone to go. I just want to be fitter in general. Before I passed my test I was a keen cyclist. Didn't have a racing bike just a normal mountain bike and I'd regularly cycle to Carmarthen which is a round trip of about 50 miles and I could do it in about 3 1/2 hours which considering the bike wasnt light (full suspension) I didn't think was too bad.

I'm going to find a new job, any job that pays better than the one I have now. I actually want to work a full week and not just 3 days. Spend most of my time bored and wasting too mcuh money.

One thing I have to learn this year is to be more condfient and think of more things to say in social situations. As a girl on New Years said I'm nice and friendly but I don't talk enough. I tend to say the usual "How are you", "what you been up to", "how's Uni", etc but can never think of much else to say. I'm trying to stay away from talking about cars because not many people like a car bore!

• 11 months later...

Not long to go until it kicks off :eek:

My goals are:

No alcohol for at least a month

Loose at least 1/2 a stone during Jan

Start going to the gym reguarly :rofl:

And lots of other small "sort me life out" things.. like new job, economize on wasting money etc

anyone else joining me for the detox? :D

But its been 4 years and all of the above hasn't worked?? :o

I have 2 goals (one at each end of the pitch :giggle: haha ill get my coat) :wonder:

No sorry 2 goals 1 ive started before the new year and that is to quit smoking which is going amazingly well

The other to buy an octy vrs hehe

Sadly as its my birthday on jan 17th its impossible for me to give up alcohol :p :rofl: