Octavia Police cars -

Must be three at least - the one i spotted up by the sewage works ( hartshill- A5) a darker shade-

there is only two but they are going in the next couple of weeks as weve just took delevry of an impeza sti and a focu st, thye are being kitted out at the min.

however i did have a go in an 07plate BMW 335 last night that weve borrowed to trail for a week, very impressed :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know that the unmarked octy's on the M3 are fairly common knowledge (silver 54 plate, silver 56 plate) but I have just seen a Black Mk1 vRS GN54PCZ in Basingstoke. Has anyone else seen this one? The guys were wearing the black polo shirts with the black stab vests, is that the normal traffic clothes around here?

We got unmarked ones by us 2 black and 1 silver Octy vrs.

The police must chip their cars too, because they go like stink.

Every time i see a police car its going like stink, doesn't mean its chipped.

I know of 2 unmarked mk1 octavias (silver and black) and 2 new octavias (marked and unmarked) in the Farnborough, Hampshire area

I know that the unmarked octy's on the M3 are fairly common knowledge (silver 54 plate, silver 56 plate) but I have just seen a Black Mk1 vRS GN54PCZ in Basingstoke. Has anyone else seen this one? The guys were wearing the black polo shirts with the black stab vests, is that the normal traffic clothes around here?

That black one is always out and about, i see it on the M3 and A331 regualy, the mk1 silver octavia is reg CX54 BAO.

While were on the subject they also have an unmarked blue saab 95 and a black jag x-type around the M3/M25 area

I think the humberside crew have got themselves a mk11 octy vrs!!! In blue as well.

Cheers

Ive seen that floating around too, usually containing 4 plod. There is a very nice looking female traffic officer at the wheel sometimes. She is what you might call hot fuzz. :thumbup:

Watch out in Somerset and Devon, as well as the usual marked Octavias, there are unmarked Silver ones and Blue ones. Usual giveaway is the extra aerials and usually an extra mirror above the passenger door mirror. Oh yeh and 2 big blokes with size 12 feet in "matching" white short sleeve shirts. Other signs are shaved heads and/or a liking for donuts.

:rofl: My daughter knows all that needs to be known in spotting unmarked police cars and would probably beat most of us time wise in the process of identifying them!! (thats my girl):D

I heard about these two!

DSCF0013.jpg

lol... don't try to get away from them if you're a twoca!!!

here in cumbria they use marked octy vRS's and there is a black unmarked one too, (mark I) noticable by all the equipment on the dash, extra mirror, and two ariels....

When I was in the skoda, i used to wave at him, but he never waved back ;)

I had an ex-police unmarked omega before i got a vRS. it was a 3.0 v6 which as standard should have had 207BHP. However when i put it on a rolling road it had 243bhp at the wheels. It came from a police car auction and the last registered owner was Devon constabulary

• 2 weeks later...
Yes there are a few octy I and II's on the M27 arn't there.

There certainly are, but thats mainly because the unmarked patrol cars run out of Cosham, and there are several at the Police Driver Training school at Southwick (just up from Cosham)....

A little insider knowledge goes a long way!

Ps: If you see one with four white shirts in it (black or silver at the moment), its a training school car looking for someone to chase for the practice.