Official: LTD ED FABIA vRS

Probably old news but I got the following reply today from Skoda customer service in response to a simple question I asked them on Sunday the 28th Jan 2007.

"Dear Mr Smith,

Thank you for your email and for showing an interest in the new Fabia vRS limited edition.

I can confirm that the new Fabia vRS limited edition will be available in Race Blue Metallic, with leather seats and red brake callipers. Further specification and pricing information is not currently available but will be released around March time when the vehicle can be ordered through a retailer.

May I recommend that you keep in contact with your nearest retailer and www.skoda.co.uk for all up to date information."

So thats my search for a new car sorted then. I just hope its not someone at Skoda UK taking the mick.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO - rather than get one of these -

get a regular fabia Vrs -

older is better (injectors pre I forget what date are capable of tuning up to more bhp than the newer ones - I read from kermat) plus the older ECU allows the EGR turning down to 5% not 10% like the newer ones (info courtesy of Forge's top tuner) and NO stutter that might void the warranty if you fix it yourself...

Then invest a reasonable amount (???!!) of money to turn it into a TRULY limited edition of your own - while enjoying the process of 'creating' your own car the way you want it - feels so good if you're a DIY'er and fit things with your own two hands. It's a testerone-linked thing....

(Of course you have to ignore the mindless syncophants who chant 'buy a better car if you want something faster' in perfect unison....)

Leather seats from SEAT surgeons are much cheaper than the OEM option and are top-notch by all accounts..

Painting calipers red-yellow-blue-rainbow is a doddle using hammerite.

Up-rated full suspension would make the car handle far better than a limited edition.

Only problem is the car colour - I'd imagine that painting the full car in the UK would cost a couple of body appendages...

Of course I left out the cosmetic differences.....

My 2p's worth....

Cheers

Bas

older is better (injectors pre I forget what date are capable of tuning up to more bhp than the newer ones - I read from kermat) plus the older ECU allows the EGR turning down to 5% not 10% like the newer ones (info courtesy of Forge's top tuner) and NO stutter that might void the warranty if you fix it yourself...

I'm of the opinion that the Stutter is not an issue with new vRS's. Certainly it isn't on mine; you do get it very occasionally but it's so minor as to not be an issue.

The only reason I can think of for buying this car is the colour. I guess some people may get some satisfaction from having a limited edition colour, but personally I'd get a standard vRS (ideally old enough not to have the stutter).

I'd have to disagree with you Jack. You only have to read through the other thread to see that it is an issue. Ok so it may have been reduced, but it's still there (and the effect seems to vary from car to car).

The only reason I can think of for buying this car is the colour. I guess some people may get some satisfaction from having a limited edition colour, but personally I'd get a standard vRS (ideally old enough not to have the stutter).

I'd have to disagree with you Jack. You only have to read through the other thread to see that it is an issue. Ok so it may have been reduced, but it's still there (and the effect seems to vary from car to car).

i have a standard vrs metalic and i just want a blue one, i want one that not every tom **** and harry will have, you can tune/tamper/pamper/and in some cases wreck the vrs by ****ing about with it, but if you do want a limited edition, pull your finger out of your..... and buy one!!! like me!!! love the vrs, wanted a new one, just so happens that the limited edition will be availible when i change, good job i got the deposit down!!

all the best!

What, no good paint shops in the UK?

seems to me a little extreme to have to buy a new car with a known problem of stutter merely to have a blue colour and over-priced leather seats.. And if you fix it, you might have warranty issues too!

Oh well, each to his own and let's not get into fingers if this is gonna be an objective discussion......

What, no good paint shops in the UK?

seems to me a little extreme to have to buy a new car with a known problem of stutter merely to have a blue colour and over-priced leather seats.. And if you fix it, you might have warranty issues too!

Oh well, each to his own and let's not get into fingers if this is gonna be an objective discussion......

How do you know it's going to have a stutter?

My 2006 Fabia vRS, Didn't have a stutter. Nor did the one I test drove! ;)

Erm, I may be missing something huge here, but why would you buy the old model with the new one a few months away? Won't it be worth about 2k less within six months?

You missed it !

RUN OUT SPECIAL EDITION ! not to be repeated.

Always going to be worth more than a standard one, and collectors item in many years to come.

New vRS is not here till 2008

Just needs a sunroof

Are you for real? bracketing the Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign and a diesel Skoda vRS together? It's not going to happen I'm afraid. It's a nice thought but no.

20 years after owning a mkI GTi, I test drove a vRS Fabia for the hell of it, never expecting to buy one, never read a review, or seen a report on the telly.

After the test drive I said to the Mrs, that car has all the fun of the GTi we used to own, and bought the damn thing !!!

It's small, well built, good on fuel, good handling, iffy on the brakes, can catch much bigger cars out if they are not carefull, comes with alloy wheels one size bigger than the regular car, additional fog lights, leather trimmed steering wheel, good supportive drivers seats, easy to read clocks at a glance, has tinted glass, a sunroof ( mine does anyway ) is red ( mine is ) is a hatchback.

So tell me why it isn't in the same bracket as the Golf of 1983/4

oh yeah ...... TWO EXTRA DOORS

Youngster :)

Very difficult to choose a present day car that would have investment written in. AFAIK the MkI Golf price hike was based on the fact that subsequent models became over-weight and bloated compared to the original ethos, hence the nostalgia value. Not unlike the way classic 2-stroke mo'bikes have held their price in the face of more sophisticated motorcycles.

The RS Fab is a nice car in its own right but I'd be driving it, not hoping for a retirement fund.

I've got a 2-stroke too !!!

But I would also be driving the vRS, not pampering it.

When you did come to sell it, a special edition should be easier to sell, IF they get the right spec. on it.

It would be nice to see it come on different wheels in 17" ( something like the Polo Dune wheels would be good )