Scumbag's - Nottingham - Octy broken into

fluffmeister

Or almost, Working in Nottingham this week, came out to the octy in the LEA's car park and saw the door handle mullered and the lock drilled out.

Going to check the cctv tomorrow and reported it to the police who think the MFD2 was the target. The PC said that he had not heard of a Skoda break in for ages and today they have had 2 reports, both vRS mk2's.

The deadlocks did their job, but I am worried about the ****bags coming back for the mfd or whatever it is they wanted. probably a couple of hundred quids worth of damage but at least (touch wood) they never got the MFD.

Makes me think now if the MFD, as good as it is, was a mistake to fit, all I know is I am ****ed off and want to go and punch the crap out of the next person I see wearing a hoodie :mad:

Makes me think now if the MFD, as good as it is, was a mistake to fit, all I know is I am ****ed off and want to go and punch the crap out of the next person I see wearing a hoodie :mad:

i'm currently wearing a hoodie so please don't hit me :eek: but i know what you mean , i've removed the Road Angel from my car now , and wiped the sucker marks from the screen

i hope you get some good CCTV of them to show the Feds

i'm currently wearing a hoodie so please don't hit me :eek: but i know what you mean , i've removed the Road Angel from my car now , and wiped the sucker marks from the screen

I wear hoodies too :o Its the baseball cap "cruw's" that you need to watch out for though, the ones that wear burberry 24/7.

A delivery van stopped on my road once, within mins they were round on bikes with crowbars trying to get in the back. When they couldnt get in they had a nice look at his sat nav and had a try at getting that until the driver spotted them. Broad daylight too :eek:

Police dont do anything though round here, just slap them on the wrists and send them on their way :mad:

Must have been (as someone else said - apologies) stealing to order - unless they're totally thick or totally blasted.

Trouble is - it does leave you jaundiced (from past experience), in that you stereotype and are prepared to lamp anyone of a similar type.

As a By The Bye, left my car out the one time in 19 years at this house some years ago - had relaid the concrete flags so couldn't really drive over them. And that one time was enough - in the three hours it was on the street it was broken into and taxi radio and other items stolen.

Now, the car goes in the garage (standard ultra-tight fit) every single night, unless I'm very very poorly.

The hoodie comment was a bit tongue in cheek, it is probably a steal to order job, but I am sitting in the hotel room now really restless in case it get's knicked. The doors are closing on the button ok, but with no door barrel I am not sure how easy it would be to get in.

The PC mentioned they are having a lot of problems with VAG cars, in that if someone drills the barrel out and opens the door, the alarm "thinks" it's been opened with a key and disarms, not sure how true this is.

Sorry to hear your news - I hope you get it all sorted soon.

Slightly nervous now (collecting new VRS next week) - does anybody have any views on mechanical security devices (e.g. stoplock)?

Also, how secure are the standard locking wheel bolts?

Ta

Sorry to hear that but when you said Nottingham not too suprised. Another crime thats happening quite often in Notts is scum walking in houses and taking the car keys. Chap at work had his brand new Audi stolen when someone walked into his house and took the keys off the kitchen table while he was watching TV - he got his car back - it had done over 1,000 miles and smelt of cannabis - there was even a box full of it under the seat

Sorry to hear that but when you said Nottingham not too suprised. Another crime thats happening quite often in Notts is scum walking in houses and taking the car keys. Chap at work had his brand new Audi stolen when someone walked into his house and took the keys off the kitchen table while he was watching TV - he got his car back - it had done over 1,000 miles and smelt of cannabis - there was even a box full of it under the seat

Funny you should say that, I visited the relatives in Sherwood tonight, they had their Vectra stolen, they came in from shopping, one takes food to the freezer, the other nips to the loo, a scrote runs down the path, grabs the keys from the kitchen and drives off.

Funny you should say that, I visited the relatives in Sherwood tonight, they had their Vectra stolen, they came in from shopping, one takes food to the freezer, the other nips to the loo, a scrote runs down the path, grabs the keys from the kitchen and drives off.

Really annoys me when I hear stories of this happening. Cant beleive the cheek of some people that they will walk into a house and walk out with car keys in broad daylight. I never realised how common it happened until I joined this forum and now I keep my keys on me whereever I am in the house but all it takes is 2 minutes for them to take advantage