BRISKODA Stand GTI International June 16th/17th

devonutopia

HI

have now picked up my new fabia vrs se :D

have requested a club stand pass for both days (got tickets already) although I might come in the mk1 golf for one day so can you put me on the list for display please?

if theres one day you'd prefer which has more or less people on it can you let me know as i dont mind which

Cheers

Chris

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may well be a stupid question but what time will people be on the stand on Sunday? 8AM, 9AM.....?!?!!? Gates open at 9AM on both days I believe?!?!?

Somewhere in all my stuff I have the info of when stand cars are meant to be there - Might be quite early.. I'm only staying about 5 miles away, so will have a nice leisurely 10 minute drive to the place. :P :rofl:

HI

ok my pass is coming, illpick a day to turn up

Id like to come in the vrs both days but want to do tyre testing and its not a reckommended running in procedure according to the manual so ill bring a golf one day

Look forward to meeting you all

cheers

Chris

Somewhere in all my stuff I have the info of when stand cars are meant to be there - Might be quite early.. I'm only staying about 5 miles away, so will have a nice leisurely 10 minute drive to the place. :P :rofl:

So, what 8 minutes warming it up around and two minutes actually going in the right direction? :thumbup:

Anyone want a run down from Central Leicester on the Sunday?

J

OI! I'll see what I can do. Thinking perhaps the pub at Syston again, although it's car park isn't the biggest. There's a nice pub between Great Glen and Oadby on the A6 I think - golf course related? Can't remember. :o

The Observatory has a big car park and they do bar food now. Might be busy though. (Menu: http://www.beefeater.co.uk/pdfs/B50.pdf)

There's that one I first went to in Montsorrel too, that was quite good - plenty of room outside.

J

I second Mountsorrel, but then I would. Given that it's a Saturday in summer, I'll be grateful for anywhere with a seat TBH.

Well, I'm no good with city centre stuff, so I will bow to local knowledge on this one.

Can discuss this on the Saturday there too, unless some people who want to go are only doing the sunday show. :)

I avoid the town centre whenever possible. The Observatory is in Thorpe Astley, near the cinema.

On Saturday you can all pick somewhere and call ahead and warn them :rofl: Otherwise I think Bryan might be right, it'll be a bit of a pub crawl trying to find somewhere.

J

Both Days (7):

1) JASON

2) Stu & Chrissi (Travel Lodge Leicester Central)

3) Timo

4) Willy0329

5) vRS Jamez27

6) Bomski (camping as usual!)

7) bryand

Saturday (3):

1) Si & Niki

2) jaymd

3) jonno_vrs

Sunday Only (7):

1) 51OctyTDi (Jon)

2) Baker21

3) Mr Fish

4) Jon TDI

5) Leeboy

6) PostmanPat

7) Faby boy

8) Chris

9) vRSPhil

10 Saturday, 16 Sunday.

Good turnout for the Sunday (which I think is the day many go anyway)

I'd like to go, turn up saturday evening sometime (working sat day)

But i have just developed a rather large crack in my windscreen today, so not sure if it would be a good idea having a display car suporting broken glass??

Would it still be good to turn up around 8pmish saturday night? Whats the briskoda plans? Big BBQ and general drinking session talking ******** about Skodas and fast GTI's?

A crack in your screen doesn't mean anything. :) My car's got all kinds of scratches on it, but it's not stopping me.

I don't think anything is planned for Saturday night (yet ;)) Not sure what's going on really. There's no camping meet as such as the show has to be emptied on the night, and then-re-filled the next morning. :)

Hi Jason. Just been to pick up my vRS from the bodyshop (after that damn woman hit me :rofl:) all ready for the weekend and :eek: it no where near being ready! They said it would be all finished by today! Damn cowboys :finger: . Got no rear axle, doors and and the alarm isnt working anymore. They say it wont be ready for another 3 weeks!? I am f**king livid :mad:

So im guna have to say sorry and remove my name off the list, I am giving my mate the ticket for the Saturday , but i am going to keep my ticket for use on Sunday because i may still pop down and see you guys if i can? Want to see some other Furbies :D

My sincere apologies, im gutted at not being able to bring the old Furby :( .

Will remove my name from the list for both days. Hope it doesnt cause any problems.

Kind regards, James

Jasons post amended - removing vRS Jamez27 from both days ... sorry guys:

Both Days (6):

1) JASON

2) Stu & Chrissi (Travel Lodge Leicester Central)

3) Timo

4) Willy0329

5) Bomski (camping as usual!)

6) bryand

Saturday (3):

1) Si & Niki

2) jaymd

3) jonno_vrs

Sunday Only (7):

1) 51OctyTDi (Jon)

2) Baker21

3) Mr Fish

4) Jon TDI

5) Leeboy

6) PostmanPat

7) Faby boy

8) Chris

9) vRSPhil

Hop you have a fun day :D

Mobile speed cameras in the Leicester area for the weekend:

15/06/2007 A5460 Narborough Road, Leicester

15/06/2007 A426 Leicester Rd, Glen Parva

15/06/2007 A563 New Parks Way, Leicester

15/06/2007 A563 Glenhills Way, Leicester

15/06/2007 B582 Little Glen Road, Glen Parva, Blaby

16/06/2007 A563 Asquith Way, Leicester

16/06/2007 A5199 Bull Head Street, Wigston

16/06/2007 A6 London Road, Leicester

16/06/2007 A4304 Kilworth Rd / High St, Husbands Bosworth

16/06/2007 B581 Broughton Way, Broughton Astley

16/06/2007 A426 Lutterworth Rd, Dunton Bassett

17/06/2007 A4304 Lubbenham Hill, Market Harborough

17/06/2007 A426 Leicester Road, Lutterworth

17/06/2007 Lutterworth Road, Blaby

17/06/2007 A50 Woodgate, Leicester

17/06/2007 A594 St Georges Way, Leicester

17/06/2007 A5199 Welford Road, Leicester

Purely for academic interest, of course.