A request for vRS owners.

WaveyDavey

Hi all,

When the mrs bought her 05 plate vRS she found that it hadn't got the under seat storage bin fitted to either the passenger or drivers side front seats.

Now i've checked the options codes in her manual and it is shown as having the passenger side bin fitted. It would seem that it was never fitted in the factory when the car was built as when i asked the previous owner he didn't even realise that it should have even had one fitted.

The car gets serviced next Friday and this is something i have mentioned that i would like doing as a warranty item as it is a Skoda issue that it was never fitted when new etc.....

Now i have the code printout that shows it should have it fitted but i wondered if people could confirm that these storage bins are fitted to all the differant reg's of vRS just in case they start saying it wasn't an option then etc.....

Cheers in advance

Dave.

Even if it was supposed to be in there in the first place I would have thought there was no obligation for a dealer to put another in under warranty. You can't prove that it was never there can you? Or perhaps you can due to the design of the thing ... I don't know.

I would have thought the best you can hope for is a goodwill gesture from the dealer.

They are (were) supposed to be standard on more or less all uk fabias, so there is no special reason as to why it's not there apart from a factory mistake.

Only If the 6 cd changer is fitted under the passenger seat, other wise the storage box is under the passenger seat.......................So I'm told.......I think......Maybe.......:confused:

correct :thumbup:

to the o.p. , have you got a CD changer under the seat you didn't/don't know about ?

correct :thumbup:

to the o.p. , have you got a CD changer under the seat you didn't/don't know about ?

Nope i've spoken to the original owner, (Car was bought privately), and they have confirmed the car has never had a multi CD.... The guy didn't even realise it should have had the storage box as it's the only Skoda he's had. If you look at the logbook options codes list it shows the same as my vRS and says it should have a passenger side storage box under the seat.

Cheers

Dave.

I think after 2 and a bit years, for you to bring it up and ask for it to be replaced under warranty might be pushing it. Can't imagine they cost much to buy though?

I know but the original owner didn't know it should have had one as it was never there. So he never raised the issue in the 20 months or so that he was driving around in it. We've only just bought the car so to us it is a new issue etc.....

I know they are only a cheap-ish item to buy but to be honest it's the principle that it was never fitted in the factory when it should have been.

My previous car (Polo GTi) had a similar issue with the boot open light...... It never worked from new and i only found out i even had one just after the warranty ran out i spoke to the dealer and they replaced the boot catch which it turned out had never worked since the car was brand new.

Cheers

Dave.

There is one for each front seat, and they cost no more than £10 each including replacement seat runner bolts. I had one fitted on each of my '00 and '04 Fabias, so you should have at least one, I'd have thought.

This site really is a mine of information! Having picked up my Fabia vRS today I had no clue that there might be a storage bin under the passenger seat.......! It seems mine has one under the passenger seat but not the driver's seat - although I'm not 100% sure what I would want to put in it............

All UK spec Fabias should have a storage compartment under passenger seat.

If you have the 6 disc CD autochanger as an option, then the storage compartment is instead located under the drivers seat as the CD autochanger would otherwise stop the seat heightener operating.

I'm on my 3rd Fabia and have previously owned a Comfort, Elegance and a vRS and all have had the storage compartment fitted.

I don't see any reason why your (friendly) local Skoda dealer can't get one fitted for you especially as it wasn't there in the first place.

Must have been just one of those little build glitches at the factory!