My Fabia VRS 1/4 Mile

novaneil

Hi all,

Went to the Pod yesterday and ran a 15.5

The car has a PD160 Intake and green cotton filter... But im not sure if its chipped??? From this time would you say it is?

I removed the spare wheel and tools, ran V-Power diesel and lowered the front tyre pressure for the launch. The car is also lowered which might of helped?

Cheers

Neil

PS: Passed JabbaLuke on the way in... no idea if he ran though?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous owner (from on here) has previously stated that the car "Used to" be chipped and ran a 14.7 But there's no way the car would of achieved better than a low 15 yesterday (I did 5 runs all of which were either 15.5 or 15.6).

I've been told that a bog standard VRS is low 16's??? Is this correct?

I think I need to get it on a dyno to prove it one way or another....

Bog standard vRS with no tweaks to tyre pressures, interior removal usually does around mid 16s to high 16s. They soon run out of puff, compared to a remapped one - even when remapped with no other mods.

14.7? Is this car silver?

Bog standard vRS with no tweaks to tyre pressures, interior removal usually does around mid 16s to high 16s. They soon run out of puff, compared to a remapped one - even when remapped with no other mods.

14.7? Is this car silver?

Yes mate it is. Must be chipped then. Hmmm.... In which case im surprised it didn't go slighty quicker.

Anyway, can't complain... either way it goes well and im happy.

Yes mate it is. Must be chipped then. Hmmm.... In which case im surprised it didn't go slighty quicker.

Anyway, can't complain... either way it goes well and im happy.

Wasn't "mike" you bought it from was it? If it that car, then it has a Jabbasport map on it.

I was at pod too and saw your car with the modball sticker on the back window and Octi vRS alloys. I also got 15.5 but should've definitely got more as mine is running an Allard VT2, Forge FMIC and custom remap. The problem I was having was getting the power down at the start but it was my first time so I know what I have to do next time. My mate in his Ibiza FR got 15.0 running with a Jabba big turbo conversion and was as dissapointed as me due to that being the same time as when he only had a remap on but he only got in 2 runs as his engine mount on the driver side gave way. I think Jabba Luke got a 14.7 or there abouts.

Sorry mate my friend said he saw you while I was waiting in the huge queue. Can't remember any other red fab's there so he must have just been blind lol. Sounds good I wish I could've broke into the 14's I just can't get the launch good and got beat lots. Oh well practice makes perfect I suppose.

I was at pod too and saw your car with the modball sticker on the back window and Octi vRS alloys. I also got 15.5 but should've definitely got more as mine is running an Allard VT2, Forge FMIC and custom remap. The problem I was having was getting the power down at the start but it was my first time so I know what I have to do next time. My mate in his Ibiza FR got 15.0 running with a Jabba big turbo conversion and was as dissapointed as me due to that being the same time as when he only had a remap on but he only got in 2 runs as his engine mount on the driver side gave way. I think Jabba Luke got a 14.7 or there abouts.

Yeah that was me... What was your 60ft time and Terminal @ 1/4 out of interest??? My best 60ft was 2.4 and terminal of 93mph

No idea mate sorry I threw the slips out when I got home. I know it wasn't very high think over the day the max was either 92 or 94 can't remember exactly. I was struggling getting any grip until I got into 3rd. I'd had brand new tires fitted that morning before getting up there so thought it'd be alright but think I was trying too hard as I wasn't used to it. Going again November 3rd so should hopefully do better.

Well i only managed a 17.2 that was my best at USC, Completly standard with some camping stuff left in the car. It was my very first attempt and i only had the car about a month. The only reason i even went on strip was to prove that the fabia was quicker than a Toyota Starlet 1.3 my mate owns legally. The way he talks about it, Its a rocket, My point was well proved as i think he managed 18's.

No idea mate sorry I threw the slips out when I got home. I know it wasn't very high think over the day the max was either 92 or 94 can't remember exactly. I was struggling getting any grip until I got into 3rd. I'd had brand new tires fitted that morning before getting up there so thought it'd be alright but think I was trying too hard as I wasn't used to it. Going again November 3rd so should hopefully do better.

November 3rd??? Isn't that the date of the big flame and thunder show at the Pod?

November 3rd??? Isn't that the date of the big flame and thunder show at the Pod?

Yeah that's the one on the Satuday 3rd is the flame and thunder day and Sunday is a RWYB day and hopefully will be slightly quieter then last weekend. Me and a few mates are camping out the weekend got our own marquee and everything so are gonna set up a music tent of our own :D

My old car! :)

Good to see all is well with her, piccies are on the way neil if you just let me know what's best for you.

And yes for the LAST time the car IS remapped :) It has a JabbaSport custom remap on it, 195 bhp and 323 lb/ft of torque, that was detuned to 191.5 bhp and 301 lb/ft to save the clutch.

The pictures i'll send you include 2 RR Printouts. I had it remapped when the car had 5,000 miles on and it already had the following on it:

PD160 Cupra Intake

Green Filter

It subsequently had the SMIC pikey mod 1 and 2.

Hope this helps and confirms to you ONCE AND FOR ALL it is REMAPPED ALREADY!!!

:D

Chris.

The 1.3 starlet does shift for what it is, embarressed my 1.4 8v polo many a times. But it was the point that i wanted to prove because according to the owner of the said starlet he thinks its a skyline beater! lol Tempted to give the Fabia another run to try and get 16's because thats what everyone else seems to manage standard.

The only reason i even went on strip was to prove that the fabia was quicker than a Toyota Starlet 1.3 my mate owns legally. The way he talks about it, Its a rocket, My point was well proved as i think he managed 18's.

I was driving down the east lancs (dual carriageway) the other night & a Starlet Turbo (1.3 i think, not sure about bhp) decided to have a play with the furby:D I was expecting it to be a challange but i smoked it various times, from the lights and mid range was a massive difference;) The young lads mates in the starlet were laughing alot cause he was being dusted by a skoda:P

Mine has been remapped tho 178bhp :thumbup: