My Fabia VRS 1/4 Mile

novaneil

So your car is as fast? Or faster than a remapped Dyson? :confused:

Now your definately talking ********....

Haha, whats the matter Snoopie? Run out of Internet links to quote because you know you've been beaten :P Come on that was too easy to prove you wrong.

Is your Type R an Import? If so didn't they come with LSD's as standard?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, whats the matter Snoopie? Run out of Internet links to quote because you know you've been beaten :P Come on that was too easy to prove you wrong.

Is your Type R an Import? If so didn't they come with LSD's as standard?

I've been beaten? By who? Oh, I'll send you a picture of my car, you can say you've beaten it too. :P....

This forum is a whole different level, nothing ..'nova' like about it. ;)

No, it's not an import... Don't you know anything? :rolleyes:

Please show me how an ATB Diff "Limits Slip" ie Limited Slip Diff.....

People call them LSD's in the same way people say "im going to Hoover the stairs" (when they have a dyson vacuum cleaner) or "i've just fitted NOS to my car" when they've actually fitted Zex Nitrous kit......

Its just an generic term for the product.

See what im getting at? :rolleyes:

when you say "slip" do you mean the diff itself slipping , or the tyres spinning?

I've been beaten? By who? Oh, I'll send you a picture of my car, you can say you've beaten it too. :P....

This forum is a whole different level, nothing ..'nova' like about it. ;)

No, it's not an import... Don't you know anything? :rolleyes:

Haha, no the Nova is a bare shell at the moment, the project is a Corsa :D with an engine from the Nova that used to hold the FWD 1/4 mile record in this country a few years back.

I should tell you my last project was a Calibra which no doubt will start you off down a whole line of jokes. :rolleyes:

No I don't know anything lol, just saw in your signature strip that the civic was white so put 2 and 2 together to get 5 and thought it was probably an import.

So have you conceeded defeat and admit you were wrong about the Diffs? and that Quaife do not sell an LSD? :thumbup: Wow, if you were wrong about that what else might you be wrong about........hmmmmmm

Neil

when you say "slip" do you mean the diff itself slipping , or the tyres spinning?

"Usually" a Limited Slip Diff is Clutch based so its the Diff that Slips.

A Quaife ATB is gear based. Hence no slip :)

See link to understand how it works

What is a Quaife ATB differential - Quaife Engineering

Worth there weight in Gold if you can afford one. Its fitted standard to a Focus RS. Only down side is that on a rough road in a powerful car you get pulled all over the place.

Neil

yeah, I getcha. an ATB certainly works to reduce wheelspin in a straight line, it just goes about it in a different way to a clutch-type lsd and the smooth transition of power is where it wins in/through corners

:)

Nail, Head :thumbup:

It is strange at first driving with one, but as soon as you get used to it, its fantastic how much extra speed you can carry out of corners.... especially on track. But your right it also does help in a straight line. Took 0.4 of sec off my 1/4 mile time in my old Nova turbo when I fitted one.

Having just read all the post in this "Handbags at Dawn" thread, I'm a bit confused, for in post 93, Snoopie states "No major mods, only a Honda ECU", but then in later posts adds that a Quaife LSD or ATB is fitted, but no mention of CAI, and there was also a rumour of a Haywood & Scott exhaust ?????????

What other mods have not been mentioned on this Fabia slayer??????

Having just read all the post in this "Handbags at Dawn" thread, I'm a bit confused, for in post 93, Snoopie states "No major mods, only a Honda ECU", but then in later posts adds that a Quaife LSD or ATB is fitted, but no mention of CAI, and there was also a rumour of a Haywood & Scott exhaust ?????????

What other mods have not been mentioned on this Fabia slayer??????

All know the Quaife isn't an LSD, it's an ATB :rolleyes: :P

My car is standard. Like yours! ;)

Haha, Cheers Chris!

Yes I believe you! as its now matched a Focus RS, narrowly got between by an E36 M3, Is as quick as an S1 Elise, Faster than a Mini Cooper S and its only slighty slower than a chipped Leon Cupra R.

Neil

Ha ha... LMFAO!

I thought your vRS must of been chipped when I saw you running at Pod on the 22nd mate.. I think we chatted briefly in the queue (I was in the Red LCR). T=YOu said to me your car was standard and I thought it seemed a bit quick for a standard motor.. ha..

In regards to your conquests mate..

Focus RS will beat you (not by massive amounts granted)

Elise (base model) quite beliveable to be fair.. Nippy to 80, but die a bit after.

E36 M3 No chance.. I struggle against them once over 90-100mph

Cooper S Could be beaten, JUST I would say (earlier models that is)

LCR (remapped).. Sorry, but again NO CHANCE.. On the same day @ Pod mate, my Stage 1 Revo (Remap only mods) was running 14.0 AGAIN on several runs @ late 90's mph (99mph normally).. That alone spells out that your mates STAGE 2 LCR must be poorly, or he can't drive for toffee..

All these cars can be beaten with a **** driver behind the wheel. Happens all the time. But when you meet one with a good driver, you'll get a shock me thinks...! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Ok tried to find his time and it seems he ran a 14.2 time whit his car.. thou no timeslip what i can find so ill post my brothers timeslip from our race´s here in sweden this summer :) keep this in mind this is his first summer racing and the only thing done to this car is a V-tech chip and airfilter.

Putfile - Uploaded Picture

Edit: Had to change it to a link instead