Depression

mdk1

this may seem a bit harsh and if it is i'm sorry as i have never been to the doctor with stress so maybe i have never had PROPPER stress.

However i feel i do get stressed just like everyone else in fact i feel i'm stressed a lot but i just get on with it, what else can you do!!

not sure about taking pills for it could make problems!

I started stressed, signed off 6 weeks by doctor. The symptoms (headaches, nausea etc etc) along with the "!just snap out of it" from my employer and colleagues led to MY depression. I remain on happy pills - doc tried removing them after life changes. I regressed, so back on pills.

Once you get there, as has been said, you need help and support to keep on track, let alone get back to normality. I've always been strong throughout, no matter what, but I felt like mike myself. Something clicked inside and I knew what I had to do. Another click and it was "WTF are you doing?".

Mike, not sure of the help open to you, but a diary or blog (personal or private) might be of help to vent out. Regardless, use friends, family and and any help offered as much as you need. No one will think anything of it.

this may seem a bit harsh and if it is i'm sorry as i have never been to the doctor with stress so maybe i have never had PROPPER stress.

However i feel i do get stressed just like everyone else in fact i feel i'm stressed a lot but i just get on with it, what else can you do!!

not sure about taking pills for it could make problems!

As others have said stress and depression are two totally different things.

Someone who is truly depressed often cannot understand why they feel the way they do,they just do.

In fact the fact that they have all they really want and yet still get depressed makes it even worse for them.People telling them to pull themselves together and get on with it is not helpful in the least.

Depression is very worrying for those who have a loved one suffering ,but the very fact that you are worrying about them can put extra pressure on them.

I am so glad to see Mike posting on here again and wish for better days for Mike, Lynsey and the girls.

Kathy

Thanks guys agian,

Been into work today for a chat, will be going in on some half shifts for the next couple of days, then i''m on holiday for a week looking after my girls. Have a few day trips planned.

Well it's been just over a week since....

I have been to the doctors a few more times, just for a chat. Back at the hospital on Monday for another assessment. Had a good weekend on the IOW, Have had a few ups and downs,

I'm off work this week to look after my daughters which has been fun sofar, been on a few trips out, going away again this weekend in the caravan so looking forward to that.

I have also adopted a new Moto taken from Land Rover "One Life, Live It"

This was just an update for those interested.

Doesn't sound bad - in fact both IOW weekend and caravan trips makes me a little envious! :D

I'm glad to hear that you seem to be coping and going forward. Darker spells probably inevitable but hopefully they will be milder and less frequent as time goes by.

Stick to your motto - a good one! :thumbup:

hi

Just to let you all know, Mike was admitted to hospital last night, as he was very low and kept having thoughts of ending it all again. He will be kept in for at least the rest of this week, possibly more. They are taking good care of him and hopefully he will be back posting on here again soon.

I did set him one challenge whilst he was in there,-to see how many of the other patients in there he could convert to Skoda!! will let you know the results:thumbup:

I went to the GP once feeling very depressed at the time, but there was an obvious reason at that time - ex gf had dumped me not long before. I started feeling like I needed tablets so made an appointment to see the GP, and I'm one of these blokes who just won't go to the GP unless it seems absolutely necessary. Contrary to other posters experiences with GP's (quick to prescribe) he said to come back in a few weeks if I felt the same and he would probably give me something then. Didn't feel like it at the time but looking back I think he was right.

On a side note the GP was struck off for severe malpractice. He sent a woman home telling her she had indigestion and missed the signs of heart disease, and when she later died he falsified records. A shame as he seemed like a nice guy otherwise.

Hoping things turn out ok for everyone here. It's good issues like mental health can be discussed here as people tend to be very secretive or ignorant of it in real life unfortunately.

hi

just want to say thank you for all your support and nice messages. I will go to see Mike later today (visiting time) and will let you know how he is then.

Yesterday he said he wanted to come home, but i'm really glad they are keeping him in, as if he left, then he wouldn't get the support and couselling that he so badly needs.