Skoda MFD3 Trinax - My thoughts **Warning Lots of Pictures**

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the papers it's market as 260 euros. But in practise I got it for free. And happy waiting for the new car ;). I waited for my vRS about 15 weeks...

Yep. That´s how I thought it would be with the disc. I´m going to visit my dealer next saturday and armwrestle with him about the disc:D.

I ordered my vRS at 2nd week of April and last time when I saw my dealer, he said that the factory starts to manufacture my car in week 22 (this week:)). So if everything goes as I´m expecting, the car is going to be at the dealer in week 25. I´m getting anxious allready...

-Lasse-

I got my Octavia with MFD3 the begining of May with V2 of the map DVD, I have been to the dealer today and they telephoned Skoda ragarding the new V3 with the postcode search, the answer is we will be treated the same as VW owners and get the V3 DVD free, they say the new disc is "in preparation" the dealer is going to contact me when it is available.

I await the outcome with interest

I bet we dont get a bottle of champagne though !

Keith

Add me to the list of ever growing Columbus owners. It is quite frankly amazing. I was pleasantly surprised though as after it was installed I was not expecting full functionality due to not having VAG-COM, however, ther directions popped up on MAXIDOT. Is there any other coding needed??

I can get hold of two more pretty sharpish if anyone wants!!

Happy days

Did they give any sort of time scale for the disc preparation?

No they did not give any time indication, i will let you know when it happens.

• 2 weeks later...

with the mfd3 is it possible to skip audio tracks with the maxi dot controls on the stalk or would have to swap my vRS steering wheel to a 4 spoke with buttons?

also does the auxiliary input in the jumbo box still work with the mfd3?

When you are in Nav mode you can use the righthand stalk yo go up and down tracks and also skip between radio stations.

excellent, so i dont need to upgrade to a steering wheel with buttons then, all im bothered about is flicking to the next track

Just took delivery of my new L&K today :) :)

columbus is the only extra, and for those wondering it came with the V2 disc and not the V3

need to call the dealer to sort it out, but does anyone know the official Skoda UK position on this?

cheers all

I've seen a few of the MFD2 DVD's but not anything newer than V3 for the Columbus/RNS510.

As a side note I have a V3 disk which now has the latest camera database installed, all being well it'll be tested this week.

Just keep pestering them is all I can say. If it helps the Disk is multibrand VW/SEAT/Skoda so they are certainly available but perhaps not making it into the dealer network. I am sure they ould source you a VW one.

Just keep pestering them is all I can say. If it helps the Disk is multibrand VW/SEAT/Skoda so they are certainly available but perhaps not making it into the dealer network. I am sure they ould source you a VW one.

wouldn't that be all themed red for VW though?....

No because as I said the disk is MultiBrand. It contains the data for the three brands I listed above. When inserted the DVD examines the hardware and installs the correct maps.

My maps came from the Volkswagen branded DVD which has a .txt info file and hence how I know it's multibrand.