Which Is The Best Remap For Fabia Vrs?

CRAIG VRS

After researching all the sites on the net for remapping for the fabia vrs, can anyone recommend the best remap for the car and does the age of the car effect the power becuase i noticed after driving a couple of the earlier models (03,04), the power didn't feel as much as appose to a 55/06 reg car or is this just me. Your thoughts and knowledge please:cool:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age is pretty irrelevant but a run-in car would be better than a fresh one.

There is no "best" remap. All the people who sponsor this site are good mappers. I would recommend my mapper, Allard, highly. There are others out there which also get good results.

Well i think after about the 54 reg the fabia had a face lift and they altered various things. I just know from driving the old ones standard that the newer models seem to have alot more pull in them. Alot of people seem to recommend the jabba remap although angel tuning claims it gets 180bhp but then other parts on the car will need changing. remaps are not visibal so I don't think your insurance would need to know really

....... remaps are not visibal so I don't think your insurance would need to know really

Let's not start that old debate again shall we....... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave.

You'd find a lot of information on this site by having a search - there's plenty that has already been said about remaps and you'll hopefully find it really interesting.

But he's researched all the sites, look see, your not calling him a liar are you:

After researching all the sites on the net for remapping for the fabia vrs, can anyone recommend the best remap for the car

Shame he didn't pick up that blue and bold are an annoying font combination!

there you go how about red and bold for ya. I hear that a company called dub sport is currently building a twin engined fabia vrs with two remapped diesel engines in it. they say it should be pushing around 380 - 400 hp. would love to see the finished product

there you go how about red and bold for ya. I hear that a company called dub sport is currently building a twin engined fabia vrs with two remapped diesel engines in it. they say it should be pushing around 380 - 400 hp. would love to see the finished product

Really relevant to the thread, keep it up, another welcome edition

. remaps are not visibal so I don't think your insurance would need to know really

Your Insurance will be invalidated by not informing them of any modification to the car. Take the time and effort to do it legally.

When I had a vRS the large brakes cost more to insure than the remap.

• 2 weeks later...
But your insurance wouldn't be able to tell because there not traceable

Without trying to sound too pamtomimish "Oh yes they are"

But anyhoo, thats not the attitude, its people that effectivly drive around like this that push everyone elses premium up!

It is if you're blase enough to post about it on an internet forum. People have been caught out and will do in the future. That might give them enough to demand an inspection of the ECU. Then Skoda will be able to tell them that the ECU programming is not theirs.

IMO you can get away with it. Unless you lose it backwards through a bus queue. At which point your insurers will look for the slightest reason to disassociate themselves from you. An un-declared remap giving 20-30% more power is exactly that sort of reason.

J.

Do you think insurance companys are run by people who just fell off a bus?

They CAN tell and WILL look. If an amature like me can scan a cars ecu and see that its map counter is not 000001 then i am sure an insurance assessor would be able to tell you if you went to the toilet the morning before an accident.

My moto for re-mapping is, dont do it if your not prepared to pay the price.

Yes insurance companys can and do find remaps, however no flash counter on the EDC15 ECU as used in the fabia vrs. The later EDC16 in the 105 and 140 tdi have a very visible counter.

By the way just because a counter isnt added doesnt mean its not easy to find remapped software.

Hope you have some extra for an uprated clutch after the remap

Also i spoke to a lad who had a newer BLT engine code VRS and his sister had an older ASZ engine coded VRS and he said in standard form the newer one (BLT) wasn't a patch on the older (ASZ). Just what i heard..

^ I'd have to disagree on both points

BLT engines have been known to put out some pretty impressive figures on the rollers in standard form.

As for a new clutch - pick the right remap and the standard one is just fine.