Cat and Fiddle VII - Saturday 26th January 2008

yashicamat

It's been a long time coming . . . but just remember the Guinness advert.;):D

The plan is to meet at the Cat and Fiddle Inn (located on the A537 between Macclesfield and Buxton in the Peak District, linky to map here Streetmap.co.uk- search results )) for 11am on Saturday 26th January 2008. There will be the usual coffees, chatting etc. as people arrive. Once everyone is there, we'll set off on a fairly short drive to a pub to have lunch (venue to be announced, it will vary depending on numbers). After lunch, a longer drive will take in some of the finest roads in the Peak District, with stops as and when for photo taking.:thumbup: I aim for the group to return to the Cat and Fiddle for coffee again at 5pm-ish, where people will then depart their seperate ways.

For those who don't know the area, please take note that the A537 and the surrounding area is now often patrolled by a police aircraft that can (and will) book you for speeding / disregarding overtaking restrictions etc. The nature of the roads are such that they are entertaining without the need to break the speed limit, but just bare this in mind in case you're tempted to howl along the open moorland roads. :)

Add yourself to the list below if you're interested, together with if you're wanting lunch (and how many of you if you're bringing SWMBO's, little 'uns etc.). :)

Extra information added 6th January

Probably worth noting that there aren't many fuel stops on the route as the Peak District doesn't have a great number really, so it'd be wise to fill up as you approach the area, otherwise we may have issues trying to find a fuel stop on the drive out! (which has happened in the past).

1)yashicamat

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)yashicamat

2) jaymd

3) ric04vrs , dinner please

4) Sharkrider (I'll let you know if its + swmbo and HC)

5) Robbo6210 (+ Swmbo maybe)

6) VeeKar (+swmbo maybe)

Good memories of last year, I'd only had a skoda a few weeks, its definitely not as shiny now!

1)yashicamat

2) jaymd

6) VeeKar (+swmbo maybe)

Possibles: Gilly, Wibble + 2 HC's. I may not be able to make it depending if I am in Manchester the night before.

Count me in as long as there in no snow up there then.

1)yashicamat

2) jaymd

6) VeeKar (+swmbo maybe)

7)iCraig

Nice one Rob, thanks for organising another one :thumbup:

A bit too early to be 100% on that date, but I'll put myself down for now :)

1.) yashicamat

2.) jaymd

3.) ric04vrs , dinner please

4.) Sharkrider (I'll let you know if its + swmbo and HC)

5.) Robbo6210 (+ Swmbo maybe)

6.) VeeKar (+swmbo maybe)

7.) iCraig

8.) Wardy (will confirm)

Snow permitting I will be there. Don't know if missus will come, shes not bothered about cars, but loves dinning out. Will comfirm if shes coming nearer the time.:thumbup:

1.) yashicamat

2.) jaymd

7.) iCraig

8.) Wardy (will confirm)

9.) oggy

I'll try and make it (if i get this new noise sorted in the car!!) and will confirm nearer time but will put my name down for now:

1.) yashicamat

2.) jaymd

7.) iCraig

8.) Wardy (will confirm)

9.) oggy

10.) philje123 (to confirm)

I'll be there snow or not ;) you remember the first one rob? when it never got to above -3 celcius out there?! lol....

How could I forget it! The photo makes it look like a warm summers evening though.:rofl:

attachment.php?attachmentid=18278&d=1199026812

Snow is a potential issue, we'll have to play that one by ear. The Cat & Fiddle road does get closed quite a bit during the winter, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

Hopefully all will be well though and we'll be enjoying some of the fantastic roads, such as this one:

13314d1171229980-a54-v2.jpg

:thumbup:

18278.attach

That looks like a pretty COOL road... lol

I would be taking it pretty steady all the way at the back of you all probably.... the felicia is hardly renound for its handling :(!!

hmmm... that would also mean id have to sling it through the car wash so it was presentable.... never mind.

hmmm... that would also mean id have to sling it through the car wash so it was presentable.... never mind.

Put it through a car wash and I will tell everybody that you are a transvestite:thumbdwn:

I may be there dependant on work etc.

Put it through a car wash and I will tell everybody that you are a transvestite:thumbdwn:

Well maybe i am a transvestite!! hehe

Besides... ur only annoyed because i would show you up as you can't be bothered to wash yours!!!

I would be taking it pretty steady all the way at the back of you all probably.... the felicia is hardly renound for its handling :(!!

Don't worry about it, I'm sure if Boswall's diesel felly could manage it yours can!:cool:

How could I forget it! The photo makes it look like a warm summers evening though.:rofl:

attachment.php?attachmentid=18278&d=1199026812

Snow is a potential issue, we'll have to play that one by ear. The Cat & Fiddle road does get closed quite a bit during the winter, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

Hopefully all will be well though and we'll be enjoying some of the fantastic roads, such as this one:

13314d1171229980-a54-v2.jpg

:thumbup:

*has memory of his old furby..... (the most dirty black one in that pic for those that don't know ;) ) :thumbup: