Fabia vRS

The front end is borrowed from the Roomster and therein lies the difficulty.

Don't you mean it's the other way round... The Roomster has taken the Fabia II front end! Case in point the Roomster uses the old Octavia I rear end... So it's a vehicle without anything really designed for it. Just brilliantly combined from the VAG parts bin!!!

If looks are what your concerned with for the VRS then the only real option I see is take the Fabia II Combi & play with it to get "the look"!:orb_artis Yet a VRS seems hard to believe, especially with the Fabia II Combi Scout round the coner...:orb_hypno

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

making it a diesel would at least make it different - both compared with other hatches (Clio, corsa etc) and also the Polo GTi

It would also allow the diesel Vs Petrol debate to run for another few years, so diesel owners can continue to delude themselves about how important torque is;)

So, in the absence of a vRS in Fabia guise what about a vRS Roomster - could fancy one in Black Magic, lowered, with 18" alloys and a torquey 2.0L PD engine:thumbup:

Why not, both Ford and VW do Sport versions of the Transit and Transporter Van so Skoda could follow suit.:rofl:

I spoke to the dealer about half an hour ago when I took my car down for it's second service.

He told me that Skoda are producing a 1.6 Supercharged petrol lump for the next vRS which will be available in 2010.

He also told me that he didn't expect it to sell as well as the <2007 Fabia due to customers telling him that they don't like the new shape (including me).

He told me that he thought the reason they were delaying the new model is because of they want to move the 16v Sport first then provide an upgrade path?????

Doesn't make sense. I reckon they should scrap the new Fabia asap, get back to the drawing board and remodel, (not redesign) the <2007 Fabia and give it a 2.0 TDI lump running stock at around 170bhp.

Fools. They've lost my money and talking to the dealer I'm not the only one.

This is so annoying. Please can we have a definitive answer from Skoda somehow. This not knowing is killing me! Someone please help!!!!!!

Just for you... two articles stating a release date of 2008 ;)

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-article.aspx?NA=224494

TestDriven.co.uk - News: Skoda Fabia vRS Special Edition

I'll drop another mail to Skoda Customer Services... I want to know too :D

Just for you... two articles stating a release date of 2008 ;)

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-article.aspx?NA=224494

TestDriven.co.uk - News: Skoda Fabia vRS Special Edition

I'll drop another mail to Skoda Customer Services... I want to know too :D

Good work on the email front! I have seen those two articles before, makes you wonder what Skoda have been feeding people in regard to the vRS!!

AGAIN TODAY AUTOCAR...............Page 45 vRS THIS YEAR!

1.4 Petrol as well as a Diesel!

Mike

I see that too and they are usually very spot on and i highly rate Autocar. The 'sport' did just creep up on us didnt it?! It wasnt long from being 'launched' by skoda to the time it was actually in the showroom.

I think its still possible and that their bluffing their dealers.

Went straight to Skoda rather than SUK... reply in mail below ;)

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your note from the UK, it is always nice and useful to have feedback from our Skoda drivers.

Regarding Fabia RS (vRS) we are sorry not to be able to give you any detailed information (truth to say there hasn’t been any rumour about RS either).

Skoda’s official Martin Jahn said this week for on-line chat that “we consider Fabia RS, but decision hasn’t been made so far”.

For original please see:

Novinky VIP Chat

TexacoF: Dobrý den, plánujete výrobu nové fabie RS?, uvítal bych i fabii RS combi. (Good day, do you plan to produce new Fabia RS? I would welcome even RS Estate.)

jahn: O Fabii RS uvažujeme. Zatím ale není o její výrobě rozhodnuto. (We do consider Fabia RS. The decision hasn’t been made so far.)

So we are not able to give you definitive YES or NO answer at the moment.

With our best regards to the UK

Irena Kohoutová

[email protected]

Does that tell us anything?? :confused:

Went straight to Skoda rather than SUK... reply in mail below ;)

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your note from the UK, it is always nice and useful to have feedback from our Skoda drivers.

Regarding Fabia RS (vRS) we are sorry not to be able to give you any detailed information (truth to say there hasn’t been any rumour about RS either).

Skoda’s official Martin Jahn said this week for on-line chat that “we consider Fabia RS, but decision hasn’t been made so far”.

For original please see:

Novinky VIP Chat

TexacoF: Dobrý den, plánujete výrobu nové fabie RS?, uvítal bych i fabii RS combi. (Good day, do you plan to produce new Fabia RS? I would welcome even RS Estate.)

jahn: O Fabii RS uvažujeme. Zatím ale není o její výrobě rozhodnuto. (We do consider Fabia RS. The decision hasn’t been made so far.)

So we are not able to give you definitive YES or NO answer at the moment.

With our best regards to the UK

Irena Kohoutová

[email protected]

Does that tell us anything?? :confused:

Having sat through a presentation from the head of Skoda UK - showing the model line up until 2010 - no vRS was mentioned at all in fact the growth of fabia is expected to come from the sport......

Having sat through a presentation from the head of Skoda UK - showing the model line up until 2010 - no vRS was mentioned at all in fact the growth of fabia is expected to come from the sport......

Yes but what new Fabia power-plants did he mention would be available!!!:orb_cool_

i find this all very sad and frustrating, ive owned my fabia from new for nearly 4 years now, longest ive ever owned a car, and ive had money burning a hole in my pocket since it was 3.

as theres nothing else i like for the money i went and passed my motorbike test and bought a new bike instead (money lost Mr Skoda, are you listening??) but how long can i hang on to this car? only time will tell but it wont be forever and im not sure if i can last to 2009/2010.

i deff wont be buying one of the other vw brands as there too expensive when i compare them to my fabia so i may end up changing to another manufacturer alltogether so again, money lost Mr Skoda.

i do belive this is, and will continue, to cost them money and looking at the latest fabia can one be even sure that people like myself will ever come back once gone??

nobody wants them to rush the new vrs but come on, vw has sporty cars out now so apart from the body kit and a few tweaks here and there exactly whats keeping them?? its not like everything has to be made from scratch as all the parts must surley exist in the vw group:confused:

i find this all very sad and frustrating, ive owned my fabia from new for nearly 4 years now, longest ive ever owned a car, and ive had money burning a hole in my pocket since it was 3.

as theres nothing else i like for the money i went and passed my motorbike test and bought a new bike instead (money lost Mr Skoda, are you listening??) but how long can i hang on to this car? only time will tell but it wont be forever and im not sure if i can last to 2009/2010.

i deff wont be buying one of the other vw brands as there too expensive when i compare them to my fabia so i may end up changing to another manufacturer alltogether so again, money lost Mr Skoda.

i do belive this is, and will continue, to cost them money and looking at the latest fabia can one be even sure that people like myself will ever come back once gone??

nobody wants them to rush the new vrs but come on, vw has sporty cars out now so apart from the body kit and a few tweaks here and there exactly whats keeping them?? its not like everything has to be made from scratch as all the parts must surley exist in the vw group:confused:

I totally agrree with you, all they need to do is just say a date, from them, not Autocar etc, If it's not going to be until 2010 then say.....we don't care it would just be nice to have a firm date so people can guage how long they want to keep their existing cars for as I won't be keeping my vRS until 2010, so like you said....1 less customer to Skoda.....doesn't bother me, only their sales and profit are affected by it.

I have been looking at a new Focus recently and if I do buy one, I won't be going back to the Fabia size car anyway, so if I did decide to come back to Skoda, it would only be for an Octavia or the new Superb in say 3/4 years time.

Seems odd though, Ford have shown the world the new Fiesta and they seem to be giving good hints to the next ST version so why do Skoda keep quiet as I would hate them to spring it on us and it turn's out to be utter crap.

I know it was said that they are having trouble fitting the 2.0 TDi in there, but come on, what sort of design department do they have if they never factored this in during the chassis design??????? they already know the sizes as it's in the Octy vRS TDI.

There was no way they could make a decent hot TDi with the existing 1.9, (I know they could make it 150BHP but I for one wouldn't buy a new Fabia vRS with a 1.9 in it) and neither would a lot of other people, it's an old engine and the common rail will be much nicer and quieter to drive.

Just my 2p's worth,

Ben

:popcorn:

I couldnt give a f*ck TBH! Im sick of hearing all the gossip about it when the truth of the matter is everyones having a complete guess!

If they bring one out they bring one out!...... if not im happy with my current furby for now, if by the time i want to change it its still not out il just buy something else, no big deal.

What i dont get is why some people love to have a dig at diesels at every chance! whats your problem?! If you dont like deisels dont buy one, but stop with the 'insults' to people who do choose to buy one!

:rant::saythat: