Launch Photos of New Superb...

rsbspt

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interior shots have made my mind well and truly up now! Just have to wait...

Absolutely. I want to test drive the first one available and get one ordered. One Octy II ready for trade-in.......

Thinking an elegance in platinum grey, black or mocha with black leather interior, the nice new nav and some other toys. :)

Absolutely. I want to test drive the first one available and get one ordered. One Octy II ready for trade-in.......

Thinking an elegance in platinum grey, black or mocha with black leather interior, the nice new nav and some other toys. :)

You decided which engine? I quite fancy the 1.8TSI with 7 speed DSG and flappy paddle thingies :)

You decided which engine? I quite fancy the 1.8TSI with 7 speed DSG and flappy paddle thingies :)

Almost certainly the 2.0 CR diesel with 7 speed dsg. Only concern would be the DPF. Actually, you know what, I might consider the 1.8 TFSI too. :)

Interior shots have made my mind well and truly up now! Just have to wait...

interior's nice - but not in that colour surely (not if you've got kids at least).

But what about the rear window? Wasn't sure if it was small or a wide-angle camera lens making it look that way...check the outside rearview...mmm, plenty of black 'glass' around the window.

:(Think that might be a seriously small glass area - need to see it in the metal (and mightneed to use rear sensors a bit more).

Almost certainly the 2.0 CR diesel with 7 speed dsg. Only concern would be the DPF. Actually, you know what, I might consider the 1.8 TFSI too. :)

The 7 speed DSG only comes with the 1.8 TFSI. The diesels (2.0 PD & CR) will be paired with the 6 speed DSG.

The 7 speed DSG only comes with the 1.8 TFSI. The diesels (2.0 PD & CR) will be paired with the 6 speed DSG.

Good point! Wait & see though if the 7 or possibly an 8speed will be paired with the CR's in the future...:drivesaf:

What the the differences between the 1.8T, and the 2.0T in the vRS?

Quite a few differences the 1.8TfSI is now chain driven... The list goes on!!!:P

Would current 2.0T tuning parts fit this engine, or is a different beast completely?

Not very likely. But if the 160hp concerns you remaps will be/are available. As they're on the 2.0T or the 1.8T that preceded it!:thumbup:

I see the skoda-auto.com has a nice presentation, i also see there will be an option whereby steers it self but th edriver controls the pedals (clutch, brake etc)

also any comments on the double liftback boot (what about water leaks)

but it looks like a fantasic car

also any comments on the double liftback boot (what about water leaks)

You'd really hope they'd have tested it to kingdom come, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if in a year or so the hot threads on here are along the lines of 'v3 Twin-Door fix - have they sorted it this time?' or 'F$%ing Twin-Door STILL leaking' :rofl:

I have my heart set on a Black one with Cream leather interior, and the toys - Elegance spec, with maybe the 140 TDi PD DSG.

I dont know - just not doing it for me :o. To much like the old Renault Safran (sp?) at the back :thumbdwn: Maybe seeing the car in the flesh will change my mind, but right now it a :thumbdwn: from me. There again when the Octy11 came out I was not into that either, and now love the looks of my car :D, so maybe...... just maybe.........;)

interior's nice - but not in that colour surely (not if you've got kids at least).

But what about the rear window? Wasn't sure if it was small or a wide-angle camera lens making it look that way...check the outside rearview...mmm, plenty of black 'glass' around the window.

:(Think that might be a seriously small glass area - need to see it in the metal (and mightneed to use rear sensors a bit more).

Interesting there's less headroom than current model. New one is wider though

Forgive me, but never mind what the bleeding thing looks like, what about the restrictive choice of engines? Not to mention that the three, (yes only three) diesel engines all have the dreaded DPF fitted?

Jenks

Forgive me, but never mind what the bleeding thing looks like, what about the restrictive choice of engines? Not to mention that the three, (yes only three) diesel engines all have the dreaded DPF fitted?

Jenks

i noticed that too!

im sure there just the 1st lot of engines to go on sale for now until later on when the 4x4 goes on sale etc?

Jenks

How many diesel engines do you want to chose from lol?!

I guess the 1.6CR-TDI will replace the 1.9 when it becomes available.

Anybody know whether the 2.0CR-TDI with 170BHP suffers the same problems with DPF?

Overall I thought the engine range for the new Superb was rather good. Nice range of different powers, all petrols direct injection, all engines have low C02 and good economy.

Anybody know whether the 2.0CR-TDI with 170BHP suffers the same problems with DPF?

Unfortunately I can't answer this difinitively... Yet last I checked it's not a VAG exclusive SNAFU. Seems that these problems are experienced with DPF equipped vehicles in general!!!:tribe::dtp:

Superb Greenline....

Geneva 2008: ?koda shows off the Superb GreenLine - AutoblogGreen

Wonder when that's going to join the UK lineup?

I hope these are on the options list...

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2008/03/skoda_superbgl_14.jpg

Why would they put this nonsense on a Greenline???...

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2008/03/skoda_superbgl_06.jpg

I still need to see it in the flesh to make a full opinion of it, and even though at this time I don't like Skoda's attitude or the rear pillar, I've got a sneaky that I will want one for the legroom and the DSG, my kid won't be happy with the new umbrella arrangement, she calls it her secret compartment, on the new one it looks like it slots in the door from the edge.