Launch Photos of New Superb...

rsbspt

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, I'm gonna pass on this one I think, it's a nice effort but it looks too much like the Mayor car to me and I'm not ready to smoke a pipe yet.

For a sort of explanation scroll up to Simon's quote post to SJ and you can get Simon's car and the new car in one screen, lemme know if you see what i mean, and thx George for posting them, I've been waiting to see more realistic shots of the new car for ages now.

Looks very nice other than the top lines of the rear windows . . . looks like it's been stretched to me. :confused:

I am liking the front though - looks purposeful. :) Wouldn't mind a low down pic of the front if anyone has one?

Rear lights the wrong way round? Am I missing something here?

Oh that second pic wasnt there when I posted.

He is trying to suggest that the trunk lamps are upside down as in they look better in the Audi set up on the A4...............

Would love to see a 'slammed' version of this on the road........:thumbup:

Me....want....one, maybe 2...

Its very nice, not sure that its as radical as the current one, with regards to space etc. But it certainly looks nice. Does anyone else think the bottom of the back seats is a bit on the long side?

Guest wilkopilko
English language brochure link: http://new.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/NewSuperb/NewSuperb_Catalogue_ENG.pdf

It looks really posh, a more high end product than the Passat certainly. Nice one Skoda :thumbup:

Yes I think so too, certainly built for comfort, no doubt the VRS version will be along soon.

The new TDI CR lump looks impressive, quicker more refined & returning better economy.

I really like it, i think it's subtle enough & not so in-your-face, would be interesting to see what the press say & where it fits best in the market place, I would be suprised if this is in Passat territory surely A6/5 series?

SJFISHER67 - sorry had a problem with the 2nd pic - I do like the rear light design, I think it suits it fine & because it's different, I was just jesting 'cos everyone else seems to be opting for the other way round.

Would be really interesting to know the prices too.

I really like it, i think it's subtle enough & not so in-your-face, would be interesting to see what the press say & where it fits best in the market place, I would be suprised if this is in Passat territory surely A6/5 series?

Maybe Passat prices and A6/5 series spec and comfort?

Czech site says prices are from 619000CZK (£18k) but the Czech crown is very strong at the moment so that might be slightly skewed.

I was hoping for a 2.0 TFSi or a V6 TDi. :thumbdwn:

The 1.8TSI is pretty decent, and the 2.0TDI-CR is more powerful than the V6 TDI in the old Superb. Pretty big gap in power between the 1.8TSI and the 3.6 though.

C pillar is absolutely ruining the whole look of the car, this is the bit that puts me off, also the rear bumper line should've been like the front one, raised rather than low.

Agree on the C Pillar but listening to the Designer talking in the video there are reasons for this and as for the bumper this is due to the boot design..........

Agree on the C Pillar but listening to the Designer talking in the video there are reasons for this and as for the bumper this is due to the boot design..........

Think it all looks nice

Interestingly at the press release last month they were tight lipped about an estate.... until one designer let the cat out of the bag over dinner (and no doubt some wine). :rolleyes:See this/last weeks autoexpress.

Looks like it'll be a couple of years of octavia before returning to superb ownership. Roll on a tdi 4motion estate;)

C pillar is absolutely ruining the whole look of the car, this is the bit that puts me off, also the rear bumper line should've been like the front one, raised rather than low.

I actually like both, plus the 'spoiler' lip on the boot.

Pity really as it would only be the estate version i would buy.

I actually like both, plus the 'spoiler' lip on the boot.

Pity really as it would only be the estate version i would buy.

The 'spoiler' lip in the boot is a rip off the current US Spec Jetta...............speading the VAG styling love...........:thumbup:

I was hoping for a 2.0 TfSI or a V6 TDI. :thumbdwn:

I've previously noted here not sure if in this thread, but the 2.0TfSI will either be reworked or dropped in the future. As the 1.8TfSI is the more modern class of engine & mechanically superior... Plus I have a hunch that the Diesel-Hybrid power trains being developed by VAG will find their way into the SuperbII. Likely in a few years time along with the face lift(hoping it's more of a tail lift if you get my drift...). Still to early to be sure but the Hybrid drive-train has been rumored to be mated in conjunction with the 1.4TSI & 2.0CR-TDI. May also be designed to work with 1.0-1.2TSI/TDI's to arrive in the VW-UP range of spin-offs. As well as the much awaited 1.6CR-TDI!:nx::orb_not_w:orb_devil