which VRS is better?

:confused: Hi - can people help me out of a dilema, which VRS do people think is better?

VRS - 11000k - 56 Reg and 2007 bumper pack (inc MP3) with cruise control

VRS - 1500k - 07 Reg (but made in 2006 - green calipers) - and 2006 bumper pack (no MP3) with Xenons and Maxidot

Price difference is 200 more for second.

Maybe this is obvious - but I've spent so long looking I can't see wood for trees now!

How much will each of them cost, or are we assuming they're the same price, so basing the choice purely on spec?

On this basis, I say first one. I'm not a biggy on Xenons anyway, so MP3 appeals to me, as does the cruise control for those long journies. :thumbup: Also, the car is nicely run in for you already @ 11k miles.

This is going to be confusing as you are getting conflicting opinions but for my penneth worth the second car is the one I'd go for. Xenons and Maxidot are highly desirable options and Cruise can easily and cheaply be retro fitted (see here) :)

This is going to be confusing as you are getting conflicting opinions but for my penneth worth the second car is the one I'd go for. Xenons and Maxidot are highly desirable options and Cruise can easily and cheaply be retro fitted (see here) :)

This is the view id go with 100%.

I wouldnt be without my Xenons and they cant be retrofitted. Cruise is a fairly simple (and cheap) retrofit. :thumbup:

Lee

First one is blue and second is Red

Blue is too common; Red is distinctive (I'm biased as mine is red too; sorry).

Not sure what you mean by 'bumper pack'. Are we talking Climate Control/Jumbo/Rear electric windows? If so; that's good.

The lack of mp3 isn't really an issue as IMHO an aftermarket head unit is far better than the standard 'stream' unit.

I'd go for the second; as already said several times xenons are a must and maxidot is a really useful item. Just haggle a good price!

I have a 07 MY and really regret not having xeons and maxidot. Cruise is all well and good, but wont allow you control over some of the features the maxi will or see well in the dark, and I trust you own a right foot! Second one IMO and if you don't want to change the head, but a dennison FM transmitter for the MP3,s.

Which engine/s are they also?

One has a chance of a better resale value than the other IIRC ;)

Also, my MY07 hasn't got the Maxidot or Xenons. Wish i had gotten both TBH, but funds did limit my spending, and the fact that i didn't know what Maxidot was until after i had ordered. lol.

I'd go for the second one too, xenons are invaluable. Optimum choice would be a brand spanking, out of the box car, but if you have to make the choice..

I used cruise control once - in California - I hadnt seen another car on the road for about 10 minutes and it was straight as a die.

In this country we have corners and other people on the road using cruise control who aren't in the least bit interested in their driving. Sorry, this is from an ex police class 3 perspective. I would ditch cruise control as a concept personally.

On the MP3 thing, I use my sony ericson phone as my mp3 player, so although my 57 model came with it, I dont use it anyway..

Billy

I'd agree with the second option for all the reasons listed above but I'm curious about why someone would sell a new vrs after only 1500 miles :eek:, unless it's a demo in which case I'd be slightly concerned about who's been ragging it for those 1500 miles.......

Just a thought and may not be a valid one at that.:)

I would opt for the second one, if you opted for the first you'd need your head examined :D

I hardly ever use cruise as no one appears to have the ability to drive at a constant speed :rolleyes:

MP3 is fairly straightforward to add- especially if you get the MFD2 fitted - an easy and ever cheaper DIY job.

As long as it has the 2 zone, maxidot and the xenons you have saved yourself a lot of hassle as they are difficult and in some cases impossible to retrofit.

And yes, I would concur the 1500 mile car is probably a demo.

Red is a good colour for the vRS. looks MILES better in the flesh and I saw one in my local dealers the other day.

If you do opt for it, give the paintwork a good looking over as it's most probably had nothing but the dealer jetwash and a brush near it.

2nd one.

You'll probably never bother to make up MP3 CDs and you've got 6 disks in the back anyway.

You've got the big extras (xenons and maxi) that are impossible/hard to retrofit and the option to fit cruise is always there (I use the cc a lot).

Wouldn't have got Xenons (too dear) but I regretted not finding out about the Maxidot until it was too late to add on.

Could you haggle for cruise as part of the deal? Can't cost the dealer much.

I'd go for the second, but contrary to most posts so far I would deffo have the cruise fitted, have it on both of ours and it is permanently switched on and used all the time, brilliant when driving through 30 limits where you know there are cameras one after another, does away with the ' **** did I remember/ slow down for that last camera' :D