advice on k04 upgrade on vRS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi there im also looking at doing the upgrade on the injectors i have astandard car apart from a carbonio box baily dump valve and a remap is this gonna cause me huge probs and is it just a straight swop and how much sensible extra do you think i will get ?

wes

they dont.

forget it.

trust me.

erm they do.....eventually, to fit the K04-023 from the TT you will need the following

K04-023 Turbo, Oil and water llines TT / S3 Manifold and Gaskets, Downpipe / Cat from and s3/TT which should ba something like a Blueflame single cat one from the LCR, an adaptor for the downpipe to a cat back exhaust, one enmd flanged to fir the LCR DP and one end plain to clamp the cat back vrs system to ( blueflame 63mm od)

You will also need 384CC Injectors, an Airbox from a TT a TT /s3 TIP and and finally once you have it all fitted ( PSI Tuning In Stoke will do this) a decent custom remap.

To Make the most of the setup you really need an FMIC and a TT 4Bar Fuel pump and FPR this should get you between 260 and 280bhp with 300lbs /ft or so torque.

I have all the parts, its just getting time to get it booked in and done! if you go onto UK-mkIVS there is a guy called Woody who has had thi done minus the fMIC and has about 240bhp....with no FMIC....hope this helps

I have been looking into a K03S with K04 internals that will bolt straight onto the standard manifold.Cheapest so far is £695 + vat for turbo then i will need injectors and couple of over bits.Cost will be roughly £1100 + vat + remap. which isn't that bad as i can sell old turbo to recoup some money back.

I will be pricing everything up for when i replace my car.

I have been looking into a K03S with K04 internals that will bolt straight onto the standard manifold.Cheapest so far is £695 + vat for turbo then i will need injectors and couple of over bits.Cost will be roughly £1100 + vat + remap. which isn't that bad as i can sell old turbo to recoup some money back.

I will be pricing everything up for when i replace my car.

Why not just get a garrett gt2x i think this a direct replacement.

Why not just get a garrett gt2x i think this a direct replacement.

I looked at these last year but i read a few bad reviews on the manifold(mainly cracking) and i was under the impression that you had to use the manifold.

I after a stock bolt on turbo to give a little more power thats all.

I was going to do it to the car i have now but i have decided to way it up when i change later this year.

My bad, I thought it was only the Anniversary that had the 180bhp engine...

Thats what i thought that it was only the anniversary that had the 180 engine and the rest of the so called GTi's where either a 1.8t with 150 or the n/a 2litre.

I looked at these last year but i read a few bad reviews on the manifold(mainly cracking) and i was under the impression that you had to use the manifold.

I after a stock bolt on turbo to give a little more power thats all.

I was going to do it to the car i have now but i have decided to way it up when i change later this year.

from what i remember(:o), m'brother used the atp manifold with his standard turbo etc and is now using it with the gt2x turbo. which suggests you can use the gt2x with the standard manifold?

just get a gt28 kit and be done with it :D

Change of plan Fellas, looks too expesive for the power gains I am after, as I cant see the point in having more than 240-250 bhp in a FWD car for an everyday car.

All I am going to do is uprate the intake pipes and the exhaust system and have it remapped and try get 220-230 bhp.

PW Motorsport

Has anyone used them?

I am interested as they are an APR TUNING agent and are only 25 mile from me.