Skoda Fabia II HID Kit anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

NI MoT regs and UK regs are a little different; one uses the words "must" and one uses the word "may" for levelling and washers...been done to death on forums all over the place.

Since buying a H4 kit, I've not had a car with H4 bulbs...

• 1 month later...

NI MoT regs and UK regs are a little different; one uses the words "must" and one uses the word "may" for levelling and washers...been done to death on forums all over the place.

Since buying a H4 kit, I've not had a car with H4 bulbs...

Your not the only one. On my motorbike i have twin h4 headlamps in a reflector case. I tried HID's in that and took them out straight away. High beam was pretty much none existant and reflectors glare far too much.

I have dipped and high hid's 5000k in my fabia se. Theyre awesome. Dont glare because of dipped projector, but can still flash using high. The warm up time takes a few moments for high but once its warm i can dip them for a few mins for a car to go past and theyll stay warm when i turn them back on.

Hid's in the monte should work well id of thought, because of the shutter system they use = instant high beam with no warm up

Hid's in the monte should work well id of thought, because of the shutter system they use = instant high beam with no warm up

Which is fine if the headlights are on, not so good if the headlights are off in the daytime and you want to flash someone to let them out of a junction.  I suppose that warm up time inconvenience is the only drawback though.

Nah. All headlights have to produce 90% (something like that) of their full light output within the first few seconds of powering up. This is why hid's flash bright then go dim to power up slowly when you keep them on.

They get that initial burst by giving the arc a massive amount of voltage for a split second, before settling down to the 35 or 55w they are supposed to consume.

As long as you dont flash more than once in a short time, its fine. Mine works fine

Apparently it does mate yeah. But hids direct give a 2 year warranty and the bulbs are about £30 each for decent ones anyway. So im not overly bothered tbh. Considering high performance halogen bulbs only last a year or so, it cant be any worse than that i guess.

^^^

That's cool.  I guess the ballasts have improved as well over the years?

I might get some from them if they're good for the warranty.

Dont get me wrong, i havent tried claiming off the warranty, but thry do say 2 years. But then i guess they should all have a 2 year warranty, because of the eu regulations.

Ballasts seem okay. I havent had a bulb fail to start first time yet, fingers crossed

• 1 year later...

sorry for pushing this old topic, but i have a problem with the HID Kit installation.

how do you get the big plug from the xenon lights thru the metal fixing thing with holds the light ???

i have 2 small plugs and on big plug -.-  :|

nice greetings from vienna !

sorry for pushing this old topic, but i have a problem with the HID Kit installation.

how do you get the big plug from the xenon lights thru the metal fixing thing with holds the light ???

i have 2 small plugs and on big plug -.- :|

nice greetings from vienna !

They will go through if you bend it a little and twist it through

A lot of people tend to cut the silver metal holder with a hacksaw on one side. Slide the wires through and it should bend back again.

Theyre stronger than you think

• Like 1

ok, i installed the xenon bulbs, but when i turn on the high-beam (shutter goes up), after turning off the highbeam - the xenons switch automaticly off.

does anyone have the same problem ?

That sounds strange.

If you turn your headlights off and on again, does it come back on?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 08/11/2012 at 13:32, Callum said:

Been running an HID's direct 4300k kit since pretty much day one on my Monte, transformed the lights and makes them how they should be from the factory.

Couldn't recommend them enough!

Did you buy normal hid kit or bi hid ? 

If you have a link or something 

Thanks 

12 hours ago, Lani648 said:

Did you buy normal hid kit or bi hid ? 

If you have a link or something 

Thanks 

Blimey this was about 6 years ago!

It was just a normal kit as the headlight has a shutter in it. 

I'll see if I can find the link for you...