VCDS Tweaks for O3

Thanks, a few more things to play with. The mirror dip on reverse is something I am missing from the L&K already, so might have a go at that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Have you tried changing the mirror dial to L, put in reverse, set you're mirror, then set the dial back to centre.

When you want it, simply select L and it'll dip.

Regardless of memory seats being fitted or not, something needs to record the X-Y position of the mirror glass to know where to be when in reverse and what position to revert back to when you drive forwards/ change the mirror switch setting/ turn off the ignition.

Interrogating the seat memory controller on my 3T5 shows the mirror co-ordinates.

Could it be that the central convenience or driver's door controller now does this rather than the seat memory controller, so it's available as per the Leon sans memory seats?

If there's no positional reference, just moving the mirror glass (for example, when cleaning) would put everything out of kilter.

another gem from golfgtiforum via a german site - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.msg2395275#msg2395275

Norbreck21a wrote

All credit for this tweak goes to the boys at Stemei.de. - all their own work.

To extend the interval cycles that the headlight washers will activate to a) prevent the front of your clean car being sprayed, and B) to reduce the amount of screen wash usage.

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics
2. STG access permissions -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)
5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen)
6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).
7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not played with the headlight washer settings yet, but have managed to enable so far:

Mirror dip on reverse (and the option in the car setup to turn on and off)

Automatic rain closing (and the option in the car setup menu)

Needle Staging

Display of Gallons consumed

I've found the option for the lap timer, but haven't enabled

I couldn't seem to get the comfort turn signals number of flashes changed, I'll have another go at that another day.

Has anyone come across the Security Access code for module 5F so I can change adaptations there as well?

I can't take credit for these, most have been taken from

stemei.de .VCDS Codierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - VW Golf 7 - VCDS Codierungen, Webdesign

GolfGTIforum.co.uk - An independent forum for Volkswagen Golf GTI enthusiasts.

Passenger mirror dip on reverse
  1. Select STG 52 (Türelektr. Pass.)

2. Long STG coding -> function 07

3. Byte 04

4. Enable bit 2

5. Enable bit 3

6. Select STG 09 (wiring)

7. STG access permissions -> Function 16

8. Enter Unlock Code 31347

9. STG adjustment -> function 10

10. (15) Select Access control 2 Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt auswählen

11. Set value to active (active) Additionally possible: Hide menu item in Radio-/Navigationssystem, so you are even viable in the future to enable the feature on or off

12. (20) Select Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung auswählen

13. Set value to active (active)

Enable Needle Sweep / Staging
  1. Go into [17] Instrument

2. Coding -> Function 10

3. Byte 1

4. Enable Bit 0

Rain Closing
  1. Go into [09] Central Electronics

2. Go into Security Access and enter 31347

3. Go to adaptation channels and set the following:

• (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active

• (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent

• (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the infotainment screen)

Adjust Comfort Turn Signals
  1. Go into [09] Central electronic

2. Go to Security Access and enter 31347

3. Go into Adaptation

4. Select (2) - Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien

5. Type 5 in New Value (Default is 3)

Display Gallons Consumed
  1. Go into [17] Instruments

2. Long Coding - (Function 07)

3. Go to Byte 10

4. Enable bit 4

Headlight Washer Frequency

To extend the interval cycles that the headlight washers will activate to:-  

1. prevent the front of your clean car being sprayed, and

2. to reduce the amount of screen wash usage.

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics

2. STG access permissions -> Function 16

3. Enter access code 31347

4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)

5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen)

6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).

7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place.

• Like 2

I've not played with the headlight washer settings yet, but have managed to enable so far:

Mirror dip on reverse (and the option in the car setup to turn on and off)

Automatic rain closing (and the option in the car setup menu)

Needle Staging

Display of Gallons consumed

I've found the option for the lap timer, but haven't enabled

I couldn't seem to get the comfort turn signals number of flashes changed, I'll have another go at that another day.

Has anyone come across the Security Access code for module 5F so I can change adaptations there as well?

Where is the option to code the laptop timer? Do you know what the coding is thanks

Don't know on that one, but on the Octy II you changed the sensitivity of the rain light sensor, or the type of glass that was fitted, can't remember which now.

I would get the dealer to look at that as there isn't much documented yet.

How can i change the the windscreen wiper sensetivity??? even at the lowest setting its far too sensetive and wipe with just a few drops on thwe windscreen.

It might just be my mind playing tricks on me but the sensitivity of mine seems to change with changing the intermittent setting on the top of the wiper stalk???

• Like 2

Andy have you enabled rain closing as I could. Not find the adaptions listed to activate?

Yes, I could only find the one for setting it to permanent and the one for enabling it in the menu. The adaptations were almost what I posted. I'll try and get screenshots tomorrow. I'll test it as well :-)

I hate to ask but what is "Rain Closing"?

TIA DC

Basically, if you lock the car with the windows down and it starts raining it will close the windows so you don't end up with a wet seat. I use it loads in the summer, just leave all of the windows down about a centimetre when the car is parked in a secure location. Makes a huge difference to the internal temperature of the car in summer.

It might just be my mind playing tricks on me but the sensitivity of mine seems to change with changing the intermittent setting on the top of the wiper stalk???

Doh..... Yes i know that, But on the "lowest" setting its still wipes too often, and its so annoying, i keep shutting the wipers on and off, so for me the rainsensor is not very usefull.

Doh..... Yes i know that, But on the "lowest" setting its still wipes too often, and its so annoying, i keep shutting the wipers on and off, so for me the rainsensor is not very usefull.

Sounds like there is something wrong with yours, I have mine on no3 and they work perfectly.

Sounds like there is something wrong with yours, I have mine on no3 and they work perfectly.

Not necessarily, it depends on the amount of rainfall. Even the lowest setting could wipe too often if very little rain is falling. Like you my wipers work fine, but sometimes too often & would be nice to be able to lengthen the time even on the lowest setting.

Not necessarily, it depends on the amount of rainfall. Even the lowest setting could wipe too often if very little rain is falling. Like you my wipers work fine, but sometimes too often & would be nice to be able to lengthen the time even on the lowest setting.

Not mine, even with the lightest drizzle they work perfectly, maybe a wipe every few minutes on number 3.

Has anyone enabled the mirror dip on reverse yet? Mine doesn't seam to dip to the position I've previously set it too! I've set the left mirror very low whilst in reverse then where I want it whilst the mirror is up, however when I next select reverse it only lowers slightly. Has anyone else found this?

Has anyone enabled the mirror dip on reverse yet? Mine doesn't seam to dip to the position I've previously set it too! I've set the left mirror very low whilst in reverse then where I want it whilst the mirror is up, however when I next select reverse it only lowers slightly. Has anyone else found this?

Yep, without memory seats there isn't anything to store the position. All I can see is that it dips the mirror a pre-determined amount from whatever position it was in before you engaged reverse. So, not the same as memory mirrors where you store the position, it just dips it x degrees from wherever it was before.

Better than nothing though!