Sat Nav firmware/maps versions

sez

I took delivery of my car on the 10th, version info below, I presume this is the latest Firmware & Maps available?

post-110792-18657_thumb.jpg

post-110792-0-16906600-1387226809_thumb.jpg

Edited by EyghonUK

There are rumors that latest Columbus has SSD (30Gb) factory fitted. I wonder if there should be any sign of it in sys information of EyghonUK's Columbus?

Added: another piece of rumor: GPS receiver in latest Columbus is built on different hardware. Giving prooflink would not help much since it is in closed forum in different language. Only can mention the author: josi - quite a name in RNS-510 subculture :).

Edited by ste2000
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

My Superb Elegance was at my local Skoda dealer yesterday and I asked them if they could update the maps. My SW version is 4120 and map version 7690. They connected it to their ELSA system which showed no update was available. (My car was new in April 2013-pre FL version).

I queried this with Skoda who said I had version 9 maps and version 10 would be available via the Skoda network ELSA system from Feb/March this year.

Anyone got any better info please?

Well 7690 is v8 so they got it wrong when they said that was v9! and there are users on here with v10 already. v8 is now getting on for 2 years old I think.

After contacting Skoda UK back in November, I have been promised an update to v10 as soon as this is available at the dealer. Skoda UK told me this week they will get back to me as soon as they have an idea as to when v10 will be available at the dealer.

Sarah

Sarah

I posted on a separate thread here asking if anyone was running v10 maps on firmware of 4024 or less (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/303719-anyone-running-v10-maps-on-4020-firmware/).  No-one has come back to me but the reason for asking is that I have read the odd snippet online that v10 needs newer firmware to run properly - I'm not sure how correct that is, but if it is correct, it could be an issue for you as you are on 39xx.  Probably worth making sure of this fact before you accept this offer. 

Adam

Hopefully you speak to someone who knows something, but don't bet your house on it!!  Nevertheless, I'd be interested in what is said if you could post back please.  I've only read fleeting reference to this and so it could be a complete red herring, but I think it is worth checking.

Bear in mind your unit should take a newer firmware so you could insist on that too, my older unit unfortunately can't go any higher without risking damage to the radio board.

Adam

Mine is the same MY\software etc and I will be amazed if there is an SSD in there, it really wouldn't make sense to hook up an SSD to a Touch Screen that can make the system seem painfully slow at times, SSD will probably come with the MQB Platform.

Hi ste2000

Yes press the setup for a few seconds and the menu appears. Definitely HDD, shows "map version HDD" .

Not sure what I have done though. When I first played around the system was showing 32 gig harped drive. Started to load mp3 files and if showers a disk with 19 gig with a growing red area showing how much is used. Maybe the maps are taking up the "missing" space .

Hi Raptor

Wasn't that just standard setup menu which appeares immediately on Setup button depress? Try holding Setup button further for another 30 seconds (to be sure) - hidden menu may appear. The probability for the out-of-the-factory device is not high, though. I will look again at standard setup menu (just do not remember if it has any clue as to HDD, including manufacturer's part number, or this info only present in hidden menu of modified firmwares).

Hi,

I held the setup button for while until the system info came up this shows who the system was manufactured by, the code of the device, shows firmware data plus map data. Not found any other menus. If there are some, perhaps someone could tell us how to access them?

• 2 weeks later...

Firmware (effectively the operating system) of 4120 is not a bad level to be at as it includes radio data (displays what's playing) and although there are newer levels they don't offer anything worth the hassle of obtaining and installing them.

You would however benefit by upgrading to the newest version 10 maps (8048, instead of 7918). It's up to you how you obtain them but they come on a dual-layer DVD and take about 45 minutes or so to install.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully you speak to someone who knows something, but don't bet your house on it!!  Nevertheless, I'd be interested in what is said if you could post back please.  I've only read fleeting reference to this and so it could be a complete red herring, but I think it is worth checking.

Bear in mind your unit should take a newer firmware so you could insist on that too, my older unit unfortunately can't go any higher without risking damage to the radio board.

Adam

I only got around to emailing Skoda UK recently. This is the reply...

"Our Technical Support Team have confirmed that version 10 maps will work with older software."

I have also been advised the V10 maps should be with the dealers around the end of this month.

Sarah