Why didn't the vRS sell better?

AJR77

Go for it! I like em!

Just never been keen on the interior, but love rverything else about the ST.

Keep meaning to book a test drive tbh

I agree with you on the interior - and the reduced glass space can make them feel quite claustrophobic.
  • Like 1

Nope mine was in a mates! The dealers won't let someone of my age near one I doubt

Nice to have mates with nice cars!

Ah thats a pain about the test drives! The time will come, i love havin em hsha.

Read up abit on the car, phone the dealers and have a conversation for ten mins or so, say youll come down n have a look, get there, seem dead interested still, say you need to drive it before making any big decisions, thrash it around for a while, come back, tell em youll need to go away n think about it, dart for the door, ignore all phonecalls and dont go back for atleast 4 months.

Sorted. Text book. Hsha.

Nice to have mates with nice cars!

Ah thats a pain about the test drives! The time will come, i love havin em hsha.

Read up abit on the car, phone the dealers and have a conversation for ten mins or so, say youll come down n have a look, get there, seem dead interested still, say you need to drive it before making any big decisions, thrash it around for a while, come back, tell em youll need to go away n think about it, dart for the door, ignore all phonecalls and dont go back for atleast 4 months.

Sorted. Text book. Hsha.

:rofl: it was a standard ST2 which I wasn't exactly sympathetic with!
  • Like 1

In a different league, because it is in a different class,

Small car,  but 3 door car (in the UK ) and a manual car, built from the experiences of Ford.

No defence of this Numb and lifeless steering, but there are Steering Assistance that can be changed, Tyres, pressures an TC to go off.

Its a Road Car that can actually go quite well and some like the handling, and those that do not surely do not buy them,

& then tell everyone why and what was wrong with it.

The Fiesta ST is Wonderful, the Focus ST is Wonderful,  they are manuals from Ford, and some are not buying manuals from Ford if looking at 

automatics from the Volkswagen Group, 

or the cheapest option from Skoda,

I have to say I loved my car but the steering feel was one of the weakest points by far on this car regardless of multiple handling mods and vagcom tweakings.

I didn't get to new bushes but I believe the old old steering rack setup which has been used since the Mk1 is to blame and a giant detractor from the experience (of still actually going pretty fast and well round corners when modified)

I know what you're sayin with the steering.

Its all that power assisted half electric gizmo stuff that does it i guess?

Yep and playing with VCDS alters the weight it doesn't add anymore feel or feedback. It's still numb but heavier.

To be honest Electrical power steering has robbed cars of feel across many manufacturers. Even the 1 Series BMW mentioned above suffers, there are three different steering options and two of these options change the assistance depending on driving mode. It's still offers decent feedback but not as good as the previous generations hydraulic power steering. I suppose a lot easier to engineer steering feedback when the front wheels aren't driven. The Fabia Mk1 and 2 have a very early system.

The Fiesta ST's steering is as close to perfect as I've driven on a power assisted FWD car.

We are asking in this thread on why the vRS didn't sell in high numbers. The Fiesta ST I said is in a different league to drive but I don't believe it's in a different league to buy.

Most warm/hot hatch buyers don't need 5 doors, they don't need an automatic box and they don't need room in the back. So the Fiesta and the other small 3 door hot hatches like the Clio will steal sales from the Fabia. For me 5 doors is a deal breaker which is why a 1 Series sits on my drive rather than the Fiesta ST. There's always options but the fact remains the market for the Fabia vRS was small (5 Door, Automatic, roomy supermini) and to steal sales away from the more dynamic better looking rivals it just couldn't do.

Lee

• Like 1

In a different league but as it's been mentioned a couple of times in this thread I'll bring it up - saw my first M135i today - that would be my ideal car -RWD and seriously rapid but not in yer face!

Get one, you wouldn't be disappointed! I've literally been in motoring heaven the last few weeks since mine arrived :-)

The only snag is after I've been driving the M135i around all week I get in the Furby and the little skoda suddenly starts to feel abit tame :-(. I find myself pulling out to overtake something and I'm clinging on to the wheel and jumping up and down in my seat shouting "come on just mooooooove god damn you!!!!" Lol! The midrange now feels completely dead with not much happening until 5k rpm.

Still love the Fabias cheeky charm tho.....and the mahoosive boot. Baby actually fits in his car seat easily on the back seat too which is a bonus.

• Like 1

Get one, you wouldn't be disappointed! I've literally been in motoring heaven the last few weeks since mine arrived :-)

The only snag is after I've been driving the M135i around all week I get in the Furby and the little skoda suddenly starts to feel abit tame :-(. I find myself pulling out to overtake something and I'm clinging on to the wheel and jumping up and down in my seat shouting "come on just mooooooove god damn you!!!!" Lol! The midrange now feels completely dead with not much happening until 5k rpm.

Still love the Fabias cheeky charm tho.....and the mahoosive boot. Baby actually fits in his car seat easily on the back seat too which is a bonus.

Yup. Now imagine what its like getting off a 110bhp motorbike, to a 70hp fabia haha.

I just have to learn to chill n cruise, cos if i try to do anything different, i feed massively disappointed lol.

• Like 1

Yup. Now imagine what its like getting off a 110bhp motorbike, to a 70hp fabia haha.

I just have to learn to chill n cruise, cos if i try to do anything different, i feed massively disappointed lol.

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I'm now less inclined to thrash the Furby and seem to be regularly seeing 40mpg out of it as a result. I always wondered how SWMBO managed that...... Mystery solved! ;-)

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I'm now less inclined to thrash the Furby and seem to be regularly seeing 40mpg out of it as a result. I always wondered how SWMBO managed that...... Mystery solved! ;-)

Its the only way isnt it!

I dont thrash my 1.2 at all. Never gets redlined.

But then when i get on the bike,.. I tend to hmm.. use its power.

• Like 1