Going "off topic"

The Zee

It’s interesting to see how many threads go “off topic”. So I thought I would start this to see where it ends up.

Any posts should be connected somehow with the previous post.

So the topic starts as “why is it that vinyl records are making a comeback when the quality of modern digital recordings are so much better?”

:dull:

• Like 1

Whats it like living down south?

you are clearly an amateur off topic-er

you don't take a thread off topic by simply changing the subject to something far removed from the original question.

you have to gently nudge the conversation into a different direct relating to something in one of the other posts but not the original question.

for example - take my prompt and discuss hipsters - which are nothing to do with the original question but link to something in the thread

or take jack's prompt and discuss the virtues of MP3's or iPods etc in cars - again nothing useful on the original question but works in the context of the thread

• Like 1

Ooops...LOL

I'll repost

What's it like living down south and not having access to vinyl records, which are making a comeback, like we do up north ?

Overcrowded - not enough space to store vinyl.

Why is it that we refer to "up north" if we live down south , and if you live up north you refer to us as "down" south, but from my experience of spending some time living "up" north, we all seem to refer to a trip to London as a trip "up" to London ? 

Though personally as an ex Londoner living in Zomerset I don't recomend anyone goes to London, up or down !!!

Just a thought :)

Why is it that we refer to "up north" if we live down south , and if you live up north you refer to us as "down" south, but from my experience of spending some time living "up" north, we all seem to refer to a trip to London as a trip "up" to London ? 

London is Up, going north is Down. Harrogate to York is Up as is Harrogate to Leeds. On the Main line  which is Bi- Directional you can go Up on the Down and Down on the Up. you get Up and Down fast and Up and Down slow, going to Harrogate your going Down.

Then there's single line which is both Up and Down

London is Up, going north is Down. Harrogate to York is Up as is Harrogate to Leeds. On the Main line  which is Bi- Directional you can go Up on the Down and Down on the Up. you get Up and Down fast and Up and Down slow, going to Harrogate your going Down.

Thats just trains - Up was always to the terminus (in London). Why don't SatNavs use Regional accents? ours is perfectly Home counties unless the road goes to Grimsby which it pronounces as if it were a docker on the Humber.  On reaching the M1 i would like to hear the voice direct me "oop north" or "dan sarf" and keep going with the right accent for the part of the country I'm in.

Edited by camelspyyder

London is Up, going north is Down. Harrogate to York is Up as is Harrogate to Leeds. On the Main line which is Bi- Directional you can go Up on the Down and Down on the Up. you get Up and Down fast and Up and Down slow, going to Harrogate your going Down.

Then there's single line which is both Up and Down

Theres a lot of upping and downing going on here.

I almost forgot what you were talkin about..

• Like 1