pulling to the left.

arfur

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've had my fabia vrs for 2 days now and it seems to wanna pull to the left very slightly. I had 2 new tyres fitted today, and a complete alignment and tracking done but it still wants 2 pull a bit. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Google 

pulling to the left run out stripes

& read the Wheelsinmotion thread,  then look at the tyres fitted and the run out stripes,  there might be your answer.

Replacing the bushes worked for my car, I didn't need to touch the tyres.

That was because your bushes needed changing.

If you drive in for new tyres & it is not 'Pulling to the left',  get them Fitted, & it Pulls to the Left,

maybe Check the Fitment and pressure before changing the Bushes.

Dude, the OP has just BOUGHT the car, chances are it's still on the original voided bushes, and he's already changed the tyres.

Dude,

then thats fine, because he will do the stuff he needs to get it right with your help and others.

But making assumptions and guesses can be expensive.

But Free Checks and simple checks are usually good & Much Cheapness,

so all i said was Google the Pulling to the left and run out stripes.

10 minute free job, 

then he can fill his boots on the Bush issue.

Mine pulls to the left,tracking bang on and uprated solid console bushes fitted.

Does it on my 17inch pro race alloys and my standard alloys with winter tyres fitted.

Place that tracked it said possibly slacken off the subframe bolts and re-align it then re-track?

Mine pulls to the left,tracking bang on and uprated solid console bushes fitted.

Does it on my 17inch pro race alloys and my standard alloys with winter tyres fitted.

Place that tracked it said possibly slacken off the subframe bolts and re-align it then re-track?

Similar.  Had my re-tracked by different places numerous times.

Tyres are all good

Bushes are all good.

I've learnt to just accept it. 

• Like 1

I had my bushes changed and it was just the same. I ran a set of spiders with different tyres and miraculously the problem disappeared and it drove in a perfect straight line!

Back on standard wheels I lowered it. Turns out that the lower it goes the more vicious it pulls to the left. 

However.... I had a puncture at one time and put the spare on the OSF. The car then decided it wanted to pull in the opposite direction slightly!!

So in my opinion I think it's a car that's hugely sensitive to tyre selection.

Funnily the cars VWG build for Mainland Europe might have a bias to the Right, but do not pull to the Right.

You can take your Exported to the UK Right hand drive car across to Mainland Europe and Pulling to the Left would be an issue.

Handed Springs, Driver & Steering wheel on the Right hand side can be expected and necessary for driving,

but put 2 big Passengers in the Nearside seats and the car should not be a 'Ditch Finder'.

Edited by goneoffSKi

So what u r all saying is that there is no definitive answer? Haha. Thank you for your time and effort to reply. Its on coilovers and before i bought it, it was really low. Was beginning to think a bush had split. I took it to the local skoda dealership and they said the front bumpstops are snookered and the front wishbone bushes look as though they were put in backwards and upside down. Due to them being load bearing, that could be effecting the reason for it to wanna pull to the left. It ok normal driving but its got 280lb/ft so boot down and its frightening at how viscious it is. The guy i bought it from is gonna sort the wishbone bushes but ill need to sort the bumpstops. Do standard ones fit onto aftermarket suspension?

Yes mate it does go to the left during normal driving. Not massively but I've double checked tyres, balancing and tracking n it still does it. Yeah I've got an S2 aswell so I'm well versed in torque steer but this is something else haha. Getting the wishbone bushes done on Thursday so we will see how that goes.

Yes mate it does go to the left during normal driving. Not massively but I've double checked tyres, balancing and tracking n it still does it. Yeah I've got an S2 aswell so I'm well versed in torque steer but this is something else haha. Getting the wishbone bushes done on Thursday so we will see how that goes.

Ive already commented on this topic but just so you know. Every garage ive ever been too for the tracking to be done has always alligned the wheels to align slightly to the left.

if you think about it. It makes sense cos it would dangerous for every car to be align to the right.you wouldnt want to see your car steer to centre of road and oncoming traffic. My bushes on front of mine need replacing but the car will steer slightly to left regardless.

When u buy the car brand new, it doesn't pull to the left.

The fact it pulls to the left over time is an indication of componants, bushes etc wearing out.

Either a garage can do a decent job of alignment,  or they can't.  Simple as that!

if it still pulls to one side, then it's not right somewhere.

could be tyres/air pressure/wear rate,    could be a dragging brake caliper,  or poor alignment, 

or a combo of all the above

• Like 1

Ive already commented on this topic but just so you know. Every garage ive ever been too for the tracking to be done has always alligned the wheels to align slightly to the left.

if you think about it. It makes sense cos it would dangerous for every car to be align to the right.you wouldnt want to see your car steer to centre of road and oncoming traffic. My bushes on front of mine need replacing but the car will steer slightly to left regardless.

There is no such thing as aligning the tracking to the left. The toe is either set correctly or not, there is no provision for making a car pull in either direction via the toe settings. If a mechanic has told you he's aligned the wheels to the left he shouldn't be touching tracking as he has no idea what he's talking about. In fact, I wouldn't let him mend a pedal bike.

You can have a condition where one track rod end is screwed onto one track rod more than the other meaning that the rack is not centralised and you end up with a crooked steering wheel when driving straight ahead and the wheels will be at the wrong angle when turning but it usually still drives straight. Pulling either way can be caused by all sorts of other things. Mine pulls slightly to the left even though everything is set perfectly.

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

Maybe you should not accept that.

A bias to the Left in the UK Cambers, and Pulling to the left are different matters.

Here is the link incase the google does not show it

http://wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=165

Thanks for posting that link. Interesting stuff, Tony's a master.