Is this bad?

Mine says - "Expiry Mileage - Unlimited".

However, you have a point. Not sure they'll sell you an extended warranty if you're effectively out of the manufacturer's warranty.

Think its ok provided you do this at the three year point or earlier which a Mar 2012 would be , in fact you get a years warranty with used Skodas anyhow

I purchased a 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty on a 2010 vRS after it was out of the Original 3 Year Manufacturers Warranty,

no issues.

Makes little difference if you are purchasing 24 months cover and only doing say 12,000 miles a year and you are starting

from a lower mileage.  You need to be sure of just what Mileage is covered up to.

T&C is important, with the Car Care Plan ltd warranty.

You need to read very carefully, because it is easily invalidated, much as Original Warranties can be,

but more so.  Commercial Use, Motorsport Events, Modifications have T&C's etc.

Well there is a limit on the one you buy now . It might not say anything about contribution but it is for manufacturing defects, and does not cover wear an tear . Engines wear out just like everything else

I am a fleet manager and have dealt with many many warranty claims and they almost always require some contribution if a wear and tear item fails prematurely but is significantly worn

Brian69, have you had a read of Page 5 in the Customer Handbook.

no. 6 List Prices.

no.11 Design Faults and Recalls.

Er, probably need to refresh my memory!

Or possibly it may be a case of ignorance is bliss ;).

Is it worth (or possible) to buy new?

There is a lot of car here for the money and I reckon £12800 would buy it 

New car on ebay

I bought mine new (from lookers) and it does give peace of mind having the latest engine, under warranty and with all the problems ironed out. Despite the engige issues they really are a cracking car and punch far above their weight.

I know it's not always possible to just lash money about as everyone has different committments but just thought I'd mention it is you really want one its an option?

I've spoke to skoda customer service and the bloke said he couldn't give me the information over the phone and that if I need to know I should contact the last owner. It's 1 owner from new the dealership has said. When I asked him if it has had a new engine or gearbox he did pause as if he was looking but then put me on hold so I don't know.

Funny that,

because Skoda UK Customer Services Managers in the past just Email the Details of the vehicles history to prospective buyers,

but obviously with the Registered Keepers details.

Maybe call into a Skoda Dealership & see if the helpful person on the Service Reception desk will check 

the Registration Number on the System and tell you the Service & Warranty History.

or just put the Reg Number up here,

someone might know the car.

PS.

One Owner / Registered Keeper does not mean one or 2 drivers.

It can be ex Motability, Courtesy Car, Dealers Vehicle or even a Skoda UK Lease Vehicle.

It can also be a great bargain if it is a One Owner full service history none oil user.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I've spoke to skoda customer service and the bloke said he couldn't give me the information over the phone and that if I need to know I should contact the last owner. It's 1 owner from new the dealership has said. When I asked him if it has had a new engine or gearbox he did pause as if he was looking but then put me on hold so I don't know.

?? It's not as if cars are protected by DPA!

SY12LSZ is the reg.

I checked its MOT status yesterday and it expires in December this year but the bloke who's dealing with me said its due one in June so I believe I'm being told porkies. Also he said the cars done all 66000 on the motorway so I don't know where he's getting this from

?

What colour of car,?

First Registered in Inverness.

Dealer Serviced and Engine Replaced if by 'AC Inverness'  

is really a possible kiss of Death.

PS.

Tell the sales person if the Car owner lived in Inverness there is no Motorways north of Inverness,

so each time he went south it takes 100 miles each way before getting to a Motorway.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

28/08/12

9067 1st

8/1/2013

18000 2nd

===

ENGINE REPLACEMENT

21/05/13

===

28/05/2013

28000 3rd

10/2013

3/3/14

26/06/14

11/12/14

confirmed engine replacement

no dsg issues

confirmed from the original dealer

and from service book

Edited by vRSFab92

Silver.

What does he mean no DSG Issues,  does it not require the Service Campaign Field Action?

So when was the Engine Replaced & by who?

Was Arnold Clark the supplying Dealership?

Edited by goneoffSKi

That was me typing that as I thought there was some issues with it.

It was replaced by Henry's skoda in Glasgow

And what's the service campaign?

Henry's are good. I've been using them for the last six years.
  • Like 1

Now you know the story and the world can on that car, 

they can adjust the price.

Or they can purchase the Extended Warranty, because a New Replacement Engine means no Issues,

or should.

The Service Campaign is from May 2014 on the DSG,

& the Dealership Computer should show if required.

Synthetic Oil Changed to Mineral oil and a ECU Update.

Depending when the Engine was changed, the Spark Plugs might need changing again now or soon.

The Brake Fluid needs Changed at 3 years old.

Pollen Filter is every 2 years,

Air Filter maybe now.

So 12 Month good Warranty required and full Service, 

Oil / Filter, Air & Spark Plugs if not all recently done,  

Engines in the cars age and mileage now is important to know.

I think the owner looked after it. 6 services in three years and an engine replacement covered under warranty.

Ringing tomorrow to organise finance so I'll adjust the price then

Thanks folks