Is this bad?

No idea what the Skoda UK Customer Services guy was playing at on not giving across the cars History.

But maybe best get that from Henry's Skoda.  

Because the Engine Change should be Written in the Service book, and to often is not, which leaves new owners clueless 

to the Engines usage compared to the Cars Miles covered.

There should be a Letter / Invoice as well incase of Issues ever with VOSA / DVLA, 

since Skoda UK will be saying no need to inform them because no Engine Number Change.

Even when some cars now have the 3rd engine in as a replacement since sometime 2010 on.

The Fixed Service interval is 9,400 miles (10,000 miles is OK.)

If on a Service Plan or Lease fleet Lease then it needs serviced as per schedule.

So really it is rather important when the Engine Failed & was Replaced, they will say a 'New Engine',

that might be New Refurnished from VW.

So the ECU will have been updated then, and new plugs in.

Then put to Auction Maybe and now at AC.

As long as all is well now, and the price is good, 

but obviously with AC you need everything Written Down, because they are rather famous for 'Memory Loss'.

Have fun.

Silver is nice and means it you have the Cloak of Invisibility when on a vRS.

Looks very good. & i have never seen it before.

Light Silver, silver wheels, black pack..  

Check all 4 tyres closely and see there are at least matching tyres back pair and front pair.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Thankyou very much guys. I look forward to being a member of this forum much more than the corsa one I'm a part of now. The fabia will be a nice birthday present for my 23rd :-)

I also like the silver on silver look too, it comes with sat nav and climate control which I've not seen on other vrs' before.

I'll check the tyres when I arrive to collect it

Thanks again guys

7500 for a 2012 car with a new cthe engine and a great service history.

It doesn't get much better imho - great deal.

Has anyone heard much about long term ownership and 100k plus mileage. These engines seem to be wound up to their peak seeing how many have issues. Considering stress on internals and components are we really going to see many of these for sale 5-10 years from now with say 130,000 miles on?

180bhp is clearly possible from a 1400cc engine as Ford have done it, Fiat have done it as have others without issue.

Edited by austenw90

I haven't had a road test yet as the cars in Glasgow and im in bradford.

What fuel do you recommend I put in it as well as any extras? I'll leave the fluffy dice this time.

I've seen two of these Fabias with 70k+ miles on close to me but they weren't the spec I want or colour.

How do the Amundsen stereo and sat navs perform? And also what is the climatronic business like?

I only run mine on Shell V power or Tesco Momentum as a rule, not a great deal of choice for 98 octane fuels

What difference does it make to the drive or engine? Also what MPG do you get hammering it or on the motorway?

I've always filled up with 99 Ron (apart from once when I got 'caught short' and had to stick in 20 quids worth of the cooking stuff to see me home) - it's what Skoda recommend you run it on - think it'll just run on slightly reduced power if you stick in 95. I'm sure some on here run on 95 as they don't have access to 99 where they live.

Hammering it can go down to 22mpg,  110 plus mph over distances. or lots of spirited driving. (Non UK Roads Obviously)

Normal driving 44 mpg plus, & maybe comes out at an Average 35-37 mpg over 

a long enough period of time.

(cold start short journeys 5 miles or so winter time will be about 25 -30 MPG)

Skoda put them to the Motorshow in 2010 like this,

if they had sold them like that, it would have been nice.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Skoda put them to the Motorshow in 2010 like this,

if they had sold them like that, it would have been nice.

I love that. Superb colour as well.

Edit: I mean I like the colour, not that it is a 'Superb' colour ;).

Edited by Brian 69

I love that. Superb colour as well.

Edit: I mean I like the colour, not that it is a 'Superb' colour ;).

Looks like the suspension is broken

Preferable to stock stance!

Not if you intend to use the car on the road  :p

Then again I bought mine for everyday duties - ferrying children to school etc so I could't live with the ride. Living where I live there are a lots of patched up country lanes. Admittedly it does look better.  :D

re post #67.

i doubt the car got on to the Display stance at the height they launched it at.

There would have been a bit of a problem with lack of lock.

EDIT,

vRSFab92.  

Which car, the one at AC.?  

Unlikely as standard, but with used cars you never know what they have fitted.

Same as Lowering Springs, Rear ARB, remaps etc, Used cars are as you find them,

and you need to check if the are Standard, because the Dealership might have no idea.

Edited by goneoffSKi