Smartlink Unlocking/Activation option

If you have a good data connection for the majority of your travels I'd say use Google Maps on Android Auto.

If you need offline nav check out Here Maps. Not Android Auto compatible but good if you get stuck offline.

Also have a look at Waze. It's owned by Google and although it's not Android Auto compatible yet, they are said to be working on it. My fav nav program for their traffic & incident updates.

• Like 1

I've had huge issues connecting my phone to android auto unfortunately. Always trees to connect to Mirror link even though I have set priority to AA (and turned mirror link off) those times it doesn't connect to Mirror link it doesn't connect to AA either.

It's great when it does work but has been very frustrating for me.

Try connecting after the radio has started. I only ever have an issue when I plug it in before instart the car.

• Like 1

O.K. If I buy Sygic Car navigation app for 80€, can I use it without Smartlink or not? Or it is better to use Android Auto with Smartlink ?

To use sygic you will have to order smartlink.

I've had huge issues connecting my phone to android auto unfortunately. Always trees to connect to Mirror link even though I have set priority to AA (and turned mirror link off) those times it doesn't connect to Mirror link it doesn't connect to AA either.

It's great when it does work but has been very frustrating for me.

And try a different cable

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just thought I'd chip in.

I popped into Vindis Skoda in Cambridge today to sign the finance agreement for my new Octavia 1.4TSi today (SE with plus pack), which will be arriving this week.

While there, I asked about Smartlink activation. Gary advised me that I can buy a Smartlink Activation Document for £120, and that there's a £15 activation fee if I can't do the work myself.

Hope this helps.

I popped into Vindis Skoda in Cambridge today to sign the finance agreement for my new Octavia 1.4TSi today (SE with plus pack), which will be arriving this week.

While there, I asked about Smartlink activation. Gary advised me that I can buy a Smartlink Activation Document for £120, and that there's a £15 activation fee if I can't do the work myself.

Hope this helps.

That's good! That's cheaper than the option from the factory!

Hope this helps.

Where can we get the code from?

My dealer is unsure about it, :( 

Where can we get the code from?

My dealer is unsure about it, :(

The dealer! :)

They told me I just had to place an order with them, and that was that. Tell them to look on the Skoda intranet; I think that's where the salesman got the info from.

An update:

I ordered mine today. The dealer - Vindis of Cambridge - explained that another customer ordered one in October, and it's not due for delivery until December. They're not sure what the cause of the delay is as yet, but fingers crossed.

An update:

I ordered mine today. The dealer - Vindis of Cambridge - explained that another customer ordered one in October, and it's not due for delivery until December. They're not sure what the cause of the delay is as yet, but fingers crossed.

Thanks. I'm that other customer. I was told 2 weeks and haven't heard since....

I rung my local dealer to try and order this, but they weren't sure about it. He said he would ask Skoda and let us know. He rung back the next day and said that he was still trying to find out, but we haven't heard from him since.

Didn't realise that it would be such a pain to get this activated!

So, we have just received our new Skoda Octavia VRS with Smartlink enabled.  Plugged my Samsung Galaxy S5 in with Android Auto installed and get the message that there are no available apps and device may not be compatible....

Spoke to Skoda today and they said it only works with Iphones!!!???  So we have just paid a load of cash for a feature that wont work with our phones!!! Not happy!

So, we have just received our new Skoda Octavia VRS with Smartlink enabled. Plugged my Samsung Galaxy S5 in with Android Auto installed and get the message that there are no available apps and device may not be compatible....

Spoke to Skoda today and they said it only works with Iphones!!!??? So we have just paid a load of cash for a feature that wont work with our phones!!! Not happy!

You first need to install android auto from the android app store.

So, we have just received our new Skoda Octavia VRS with Smartlink enabled. Plugged my Samsung Galaxy S5 in with Android Auto installed and get the message that there are no available apps and device may not be compatible....

Spoke to Skoda today and they said it only works with Iphones!!!??? So we have just paid a load of cash for a feature that wont work with our phones!!! Not happy!

And make sure in the settings that it's not defaulted to mirror link. Be ready to accept all the requests on the device.

Licence kit arrived today. 3 separate codes with comprehensive instructions for input by dealer with laptop only.

Did you manage to get this activated? My dealer still has no idea about it!

Hi. No I didn't. Turns out what arrived was the activation codes for mirror link, the previous generation thing. Dealer has lodged an action with skoda uk and as soon as it's available I'll be notified. Apparently it's down to the product licence, they have a licence from Apple/android to fit on new cars at the factory but not to retro install. Everything is ready to go in the car just needs the codes. This is the same situation as when mirror link was first released apparently. Pants as I did order and pay for it when I ordered the car. Dealer did not notice that factory had selected smart gate on the order confirmation and that's what I got. Looked at it once and thinks it's a total waste of time. No idea when it'll be released.