Ok guys.... Here is the shortlist!

So I spent all weekend going over my monthly income & out goings. These are the short list in order..

image.jpg3_zpstvtwrmn2.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsjfr3wlkw.jpg

image.jpg9_zpszuj4nynw.jpg

Hmm - flappy paddles

image.jpg6_zpszk2d6mp1.jpg

image.jpg13_zpswjyniczb.jpg

How did that get in there??!!

image.jpg4_zps0zcbfedn.jpg

image.jpg5_zpswbcak6cr.jpg

4x4 as well...

image.jpg8_zpsivja0gpa.jpg

Also 4x4

image.jpg11_zpsgqzvisoe.jpg

Another 4x4

image.jpg12_zpsscgbrs7e.jpg

Yep - it's 4x4!!

image.jpg7_zpsveyapdbc.jpg

"Moby" - the white whale!!

image.jpg10_zpsh9ktbnom.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsccrswvxp.jpg

The current favourite - low mileage too!!

Any suggestions on any in particular?? Anything that could help my choices?? Noticed a few with Parking Assist and heated rear seat....

Love they way you stuck the V6 in there :)  Depends on mileage of each of course.  What are the 18" wheels like on the models that have them or are you changing them anyway?  Rossi looks really well in the Superb IMO.

Rossi is definitely one of my favourite colours - prefer it with the Ivory interior though. All of them will give me change in my budget for wheels, exhaust, remap (200bhp will do fine), brakes & suspension.

I have my eye on some Rotiform 19's & some Eibach springs. So wheels will get winters on them!!

Saw a modified white Superb on Porsche rims at Worthesee - looked amazingly clean!!

The £11k 4x4 estate is within 70 miles of me - he already dropped £2k off it... Maybe worth a deal too.

The V6 is a facelift and cheaper road tax - could be doable on finance.... But mpg would kill me!!

I should have something bought by the end of August beginning of Sept!! Modified the day I get it!!

As you live in Scotland the 4x4 might be worth going for, personally I like the look of the estate with the L&K Lux pack. Nice colour and looks good with the sunset glass. In my opinion the estate looks better than the hatch, and it might hold its value better and be easier to sell on when the time comes.

Obviously depends on overall condition, mileage, service history, number of owners etc, but going by the pictures only it would be top of my list.

I see the practicality of the Estate winning through. But I don't need it all the time. Only very occasionally. But you're right the 4x4 here has its perks. Plus I sometimes tow a trailer - or I'm a tow vehicle. For a car show I case anyone breaks down....

I love the look of the estate, and couldn't bring myself to own a sedan especially with a family in tow. The Amethyst purple (?) looks great. Once you have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 just choose the one that has the closest spec to what you want. Remember there are lots of options, and they can be time consuming to check. For example I thought having a bluetooth phone connection meant it would have bluetooth streaming too (it doesn't). I'd also avoid an electric tailgate, park assist and sports suspension. 18"s are fine IMO but 17"s would be more sensible. Good luck, exciting times! 

More Info on the L&k lux pack 4x4 estate

image.jpg1_zps76o8ktav.jpg

That does seem a very good spec. Also says it has a full dealership history which is a big plus point, going by the last service mileage it would appear to be on variable and had three services so far (I might be wrong, but its worth checking), I'm basing this assumption on 18k ish between services. Check to see when the cambelt (and water pump) needs doing, it might be the next service which is a few hundred pounds so something else to consider - or if you're lucky it might have been done already. Go have a look and test drive to see what you think.

Rossi is definitely one of my favourite colours - prefer it with the Ivory interior though.

Rosso Brunello / Ivory leather is the best combination on a Superb IMO..... but ONLY when it is clean, when dirty it goes into a very drab brown looking car!!

If you can keep it clean then go for one, if you can’t then personally I would steer clear.

I'd also avoid an electric tailgate, park assist and sports suspension. 18"s are fine IMO but 17"s would be more sensible. Good luck, exciting times! 

Mine had the electric tailgate and it was faultless for the 3 ½ years I had the car... it’s one option I loved.

Park assist whilst rarely got used (I think twice) was worth the cost pure;y for the extra 6 sensors on the front and 2 two on the rear (12 in total)

Whilst  the Amethyst is a nice colour (better than the photo’s show) I’m not sure about it on a modified vehicle, personally I would stick to a more std colour.

The twin-hatch’s rear end is also too fugly IMO meaning I could never own one.

I wish they did not call the L&K    "Lux Pack"  how demeaning :thumbdown:

L&K is more about the history of skoda and the badge indicates its the top of the range,something like that. 

That bv61 car is being sold by a dealer ln a road I use to live in,not many skoda superbs seen on the road's in that west London area.to big for mini cab work,to big for parking etc.

Could be a bargain.

Try and get the FL model,looks much better.

Just a thought, maybe the wheels should be 18 inch Sirius wheels,just a thought thou and maybe there should be the L&K badge on the wings.Maybe for that year it was of different production.

Just a thought, maybe the wheels should be 18 inch Sirius wheels,just a thought thou and maybe there should be the L&K badge on the wings.Maybe for that year it was of different production.

They have also called it an “Elegance (L&K Lux Pack)” so even they are not sure what it is!

Don't get the White. It's too taxi. I know because I have one..........and its a taxi [emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like white and think the Superb looks great in that color - but then I am biased....  :D

As for Moby...hmmm  :p

I like the Brown (?) estate above at £8995......

Any photos of the white Superb on Porsche rims you saw at Worthesee? Either of these similar? 

Dave

post-125322-0-89935300-1438094918_thumb.jpg

post-125322-0-02547700-1438095712_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen a few Elegance spec Superb's with the sellers claiming it has the "Lux Pack" fitted.

What does it include?

The Laurin and Klement (L&K) was only available on the very last run of the pre-FL MkII so none of these cars on the shortlist are proper L&K's.

The L&K got unique alloys too - the Sirius, the brown interior and 'Laurin & Klement' stamped into the leather. Also the hatchback got LED rear light clusters so it is easy to tell them apart.

So what does an Elegance with the 'Lux Pack' get over a standard Elegance? Is this an official Skoda UK option? There are too many cars that claim to have it fitted for it to be a random dealer trying to 'big-up' their advert! 

So what does an Elegance with the 'Lux Pack' get over a standard Elegance? Is this an official Skoda UK option? There are too many cars that claim to have it fitted for it to be a random dealer trying to 'big-up' their advert! 

This apparently http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/217802-laurin-klement-luxury-pack/

Even more confused now. That link would suggest that by adding the Lux Pack to an Elegance you basically get an L&K.

I'm guessing the Elegance + Lux Pack was essentially re-branded as the L&K at a later point?

Either way it would seem a number of dealers are incorrectly listing the Lux Pack on a number of cars as the one's I've seen don't have the brown leather interior or LED rear lights (Twindoor only) that they should get if they have the Lux Pack fitted.

Good info though!

Just had s look at the AT ad. It looks like a very well spec'd elegance to me.

As others have pointed out, visually it has Themisto wheels, when it should have Sirius; it's missing the L&K emblems on the exterior and interior; and it's missing the pano sunroof.

You could probably halve the kerb weight by getting that left rear wheel balanced properly!

They have also called it an “Elegance (L&K Lux Pack)” so even they are not sure what it is!

. Officially the car is registered as an 'elegance' if you check out the car reg. looks a well specced car all the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had s look at the AT ad. It looks like a very well spec'd elegance to me.

As others have pointed out, visually it has Themisto wheels, when it should have Sirius; it's missing the L&K emblems on the exterior and interior; and it's missing the pano sunroof.

You could probably halve the kerb weight by getting that left rear wheel balanced properly!

And the TV tuner it claims to have. The spec description is for an L&K for sure.

Looks a nice tidy vehicle though.

As does mine, but unfortunately there are a lot of white Superbs around my way that are taxis.cf349d3ba1342c179b30a3bc04680dfc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fortunately no MKII taxis round here but understand what you mean...