vRS TDi occasionaly slow to fire up.

Interesting. Mine doesn't have KESSY, but it does sometimes take a little longer than usual to start. Never 8 seconds mind.

I'll see if I can get the update applied at service time :)

Thanks Mence :thumbup:

• Like 1

Good to know its a software/calibration improvement & not an injector issue which could be costly out of warranty!

• Like 1

i have had this on occasion too where it turns over for some seconds before firing, usual enough time for me and the wife to look at each other with that look of 'is it going to start?'

having recently had a service I shall mention it next time I go in and see what the service dept. have to say.

Ah good - Can't wait to go back to the dealers and tell them this. Even after showing them videos of my car taking 10 seconds to start he said it was "normal for diesels in cold weather".

Is it just a service bulletin? Want to be armed with facts as they always put up a fight. The customer is always wrong at my dealership  :notme:

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

It's not peculiar to the Vrs and/or the 2litre.

My 1.6TDI  Elegance does the same, usually starts on the 2nd crank but occasionally it might take 6 or 8.

Doesn't bother me much but as it's having a service on Monday I'll mention it.

Ah good - Can't wait to go back to the dealers and tell them this. Even after showing them videos of my car taking 10 seconds to start he said it was "normal for diesels in cold weather".

Is it just a service bulletin? Want to be armed with facts as they always put up a fight. The customer is always wrong at my dealership  :notme:

It was suggested to me that it was nust a service bulletin, no need for an interim recall. I must admit i am pretty fortunate with my dealer, very proactive and happy to help.

When the dealer contacted me he asked me two questions. 1. Has the car been remapped and 2. Have i ever had any issues with the battery leading me to believe that point 2 may hint at an altogether different issue...

My 150 TDI has always done this. My 65 plate GTD also now occassionally is hesitant to start.

Interesting to know it can likely be sorted out, that said I probably wont keep the Octavia long enough for it to go in for servicing again so probably wont bother. Both cars run perfectly well and dont ever not start.

Mine also does the delay start, but only started to do it over time. My concern though is what might be causing it? And why would a software update fix it when the car didn't to it to begin and developed over time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

No idea buddy, maybe a chat with the dealer to see if the service bulletin can shed any more light on some specifics for you?

At the end of the day, it's not compulsory, I purely posted to make people aware.

Mine is starting up just fine but to be honest, it does most of the time anyway but clearly enough of an issue aired by enough owners to warrant Skoda taking it seriously and making an effort to sort it out.

Thanks for the reply Mence, I think I will leave it till the next service and see how it goes over the summer. I'm glad you posted the info because I thought it was down to the battery. But what you have said matches what mines been doing. I will ask the dealership to find out what the update actually changes because I can't see why and issue of this sort which was not there before can be fixed via a software update.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not wishing to thread bump, more to tie this off.

It's been just over a month now and she is starting perfectly every time. I would normally have expected it to misbehaved a handful of times over that sort of time period so I assume all is sorted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting I have a 1.6tdi and it does the same .I read this post a few weeks ago and thought I would let my dealer know that there was a service bulletin regarding the issue .He told me they would check the car out they put it on the computer and said there was nothing wrong .I then phoned Skoda customer service explained the problem he said I should pay no attention to forums and there was no issue with the cars .I then went on to the web site Skoda Ireland they took my reg number and chassis number and told me there was nothing wrong with the car it had all the present updates and it was ok .So my main question is does anybody know the service bulletin number or title Thanks in advance

.. they put it on the computer and said there was nothing wrong ...

My (2.0 TDI) also does this slow fire up thing.

Nothing to check with diagnostics, this does not generate fault codes...(I have VCDS).