Air filters 250bhp

Running gtb2260

It blew up thenother day and has been sent off to xman to be reconditioned

Cleaned manifold, boost pipes etc and I'm gonna get a new air filter - currently got a pretty dirty S2000 and 100mm ramair cold air feed

Some people saying standard air box maybe too small for 250bhp, was thinking jabbasport cone in a box?

Otherwise ramair foam cone filter?

Just a fresh s2000?

Aem dry flow?

I any of the 3 above I'll need to somehow make some sort of Heat shielding, if anyone has some advice or guides on that.

Stick with the S2000, best filtration and plenty of flow, just replace it more often so it doesn't get so dirty.

Any starting points to making a kind of heat shield?

Got a 100mm air duct to it and that's it

Or just get a car with 250hp as stock... Or maybe learn to drive properly?!

maybe you should keep those comments to yourself if you've nothing useful to add to the OP's question.

• Like 2

It wasn't meant to sound as harsh as it did, my bad. I'm just of the opinion that audi/vw/skoda know better than most/all of us so why push a car further than it is supposed to be pushed. Putting 250hp in a fwd car seems like insanity to me. Especially if it's on a budget

It wasn't meant to sound as harsh as it did, my bad. I'm just of the opinion that audi/vw/skoda know better than most/all of us so why push a car further than it is supposed to be pushed. Putting 250hp in a fwd car seems like insanity to me. Especially if it's on a budget

There's FWD cars with more than 250 and there's Fabias with more than 250, hardly too much.

When I get my turbo back maybe I'll take you for a spin and teach you how to drive, lol.

As sepulchrave said use the s2000 and change it regularly as there designed to work in a airbox or use a cone in a box.

Was it a xman turbo?

Someone told me standard box might be restrictive?

What's the deal with ram air foam filters?

Yeah xman, send it off to him to look at

Was that 'someone' qualified to make that judgement?

Ramair foam filters don't filter well enough to protect your turbo.

Standard air box and filter is restrictive passed 230/240bhp. Cone in the box will be fine for higher powered cars.

Do you know what caused the turbo to go?

Standard air box and filter is restrictive passed 230/240bhp. Cone in the box will be fine for higher powered cars.

Do you know what caused the turbo to go?

So at 250bhp can I have a standard box with jabbasport cone in a box or shall I have an S2000 filter with some custom heat shielding/open box type thing?

Turbo from xman

Sent off to xman to recondition

Not sure what blew it, here is what happened...

Joining dual carrdidgeway, giving it some beans about 4000 revs and it popped and oil all up the rear of my car.

Bit of oil in bottom boost pipe (not in intercooler though)

Oil in tubular manifold

Lots of oil on downpipe/exhaust

Turbine shaft looked clean and didn't look to be snapped but it shot out and was in the downpipe

When I get the the one and slotted it back on then was zero play or anything, it was like it was just force out but didn't look snapped